Just when you thought Prius drivers were bad.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 09:58 AM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
Just when you thought Prius drivers were bad.

So I live on the border of Berkeley/Oakland so I'm quite frequently in Berkeley which is land of Priuses and female armpit hair.

I was driving down Ashby going to a friend's house, I was in the right lane and there was Red Prius in the left with a bunch of cars behind him. On a particular part of Ashby, parking is allowed on off peak hours, so it basically merges from 2 lanes to 1. I happened to be coming up on some parked cars since I was in the right lane, and I turned on my turn signal and then the Prius starts to accelerate to try to block me!

Being that there were a lot of cars behind him which I didn't expect to allow me to merge, I accelerated (with plenty of space before the cars mind you) and got over. I made it a point not to cut the guy off. He then starts riding my tail and honking his horn like crazy at me. Shortly after I got in the left lane, my turn came up, so I signaled right and check my mirrors.... he was trying to overtake me on the right while there was a gap in the parked cars!

He then notices I'm coming over, and slams on his brakes and lays on the horn again and rides my tail again and follows me through the turn and down the street. I pull up at my friend's house and the guy SLAMS into the driveway across the street (it was a steep driveway and he hit it at like 20 and bottomed out and scraped it hella loud.

I get out and this stalky african american dude already out of his car and walking toward me. He proceed to say "Whats cho problem nuggah!" of which I replied "I don't have a problem, but you drive like an *******..."
He then started implying that I didn't know how to drive. I then said that turn signals mean that people are turning, they're a warning device and they're not just for fun.

He then proceeds to tell me that I have to signal 100 feet before a turn and that I need to read the driver's manual. I asked him if he wanted to go back and count the feet because it was atleast 200-300.

He then starts calling me every name in the book and dropped the N bomb about 8 times.

I started laughing at him and said "Wow you're a big man, calling people names and driving like a retard..."

He looked confused for a second then started yelling "WELL WHAT YOU WANNA DO ABOUT IT NUGGAH!?" and started punching his open fist. I laughed at him again and mockingly punched my own open hand and said "I dunno what do you wanna do, fight over something stupid?" at that point I told him to have a nice day and I didn't have the time to deal with him and turned my back on him and walked away. He then started to yell at me from down the street.

"I dont give a **** about your subaru, you think your car's all bad, ***got"

Some people's children....

I should've told him to go back to his mom's home and return her car, because he doesn't know how to drive it lol.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:03 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
make sure hes doesnt **** with your car...
Old 10-15-2009, 10:06 AM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Yeah...sounds like Berkley/Oakland dude...
Old 10-15-2009, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
make sure hes doesnt **** with your car...
I thought about that, and I promptly left my friend's house. I think the guy actually lives at the house across the street from my friend, good thing she's moving lol.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:12 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX, 2015 Murano, 2017 NGM Camaro SS
Props to you for keeping your cool. Always, good to aviod idiots like that guy. I so hate it when I put my turn signal and then some douche like you mentioned decides to accelerate from 2-300 ft away.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:17 AM
i-Club Sympathizer

Car Info: 1969 BMW R75/5 & Work Whip
You should have told him to find his mother, crawl back inside and don't come out until he is at least as mature as a xygote.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:33 AM

Car Info: 05' WRX (Dirty Black)
i loathe driving on ashby in the afternoon for this very reason. people trying to overtake and block other from overtaking all the time. the level of douchness while driving is way up during the off-peak hours.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:36 AM

Its mostly because people driving during the off peak hours don't have jobs.....

Luckily I get a 4 day weekend, so I get to deal with the scum of Berkeley/Oakland
Old 10-15-2009, 10:38 AM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
Originally Posted by Unit 91
You should have told him to find his mother, crawl back inside and don't come out until he is at least as mature as a xygote.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:40 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
You are much calmer than I am, I would have brakechecked him the moment he got on my ***.

I hate idiots like that, but then again the moment he got out of his car and started at me, I would have had my celphone out and calling 911 to report an assault in progress, then done my best to drop into defensive and watch for his first attack...****ing CA and its *** backwards CCW laws.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:43 AM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
Originally Posted by Overbear
You are much calmer than I am, I would have brakechecked him the moment he got on my ***.

I hate idiots like that, but then again the moment he got out of his car and started at me, I would have had my celphone out and calling 911 to report an assault in progress, then done my best to drop into defensive and watch for his first attack...****ing CA and its *** backwards CCW laws.
no matter what is going on you always bring up ccw laws... your consistant rant about the same subject is starting to make you sound like iLogin...
Old 10-15-2009, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Overbear

Well, if I get in a fight and get convicted of assault, there goes my job. The GF was in the car and had the phone ready to call if he did.

I was actually thinking of how nice a CCW would be right then and there, especially if he had a gun. I didn't even have my knife which I usually carry on me.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:35 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
no matter what is going on you always bring up ccw laws... your consistant rant about the same subject is starting to make you sound like iLogin...
Some of us take our rights, and our personal safety serious, and some of us do not.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:45 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

OP, did you get his license plate number?
Old 10-15-2009, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by ldivinag
OP, did you get his license plate number?
Yes and address

Quick Reply: Just when you thought Prius drivers were bad.