just got pulled over leaving wingstop state ref !

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 11:36 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
I would think with a ref ticket it cant be sold but i can't say that for sure.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:38 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by Subaru_dude
Can I sell my car while i still have this ticket and not clear it?
I'm pretty sure that's the "pay full price" option...
Old 10-02-2008, 11:52 AM

Car Info: 2006 WRX - Grey
It is state ref ticket as on the back of the ticket it says State Ref required NO Officer sign off. And i called that number that everyone else called ... and the office is closed and they gave me the number to Department of Consumer Affairs and the person over there told me I just gotta wait until state ref stations open and take my car over there. Another question
TO ALL PEOPLE WHO ARE GETTING STATE REFFED:

I received a VC 240004 State Ref Cert sticker/ticket last weds. I was lucky enough to get it amended. What I suggest doing is Immediately going to the court house that deals with the ticket, Talk to the Traffic Court clerk. They will send you to 2 places. First will be to an officer on site (they will 99% not sign it off), then they will send you to the place where the ticket was issued (IE you get a ticket in XXXX city, go to XXXX city police station). When i went to the station i talked with a Lieutenant there. I brought proof of corrections (a bill saying i put my exhaust and intake to legal). He asked why i couldn't go to state ref, i told him they were closed due to the budget crisis and to give them a call. He called them, and got the same "Due to the state budget crisis the state referee is closed...etc..." message. So I asked him how i was supposed to comply if it is impossible, he laughed and said "I will take care of this". He signed it off - called the court house and had it removed. I'm not guaranteeing this will work for everyone, but it just worked for me today.

Good Luck.

Last edited by Sharky; 10-02-2008 at 12:01 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:09 PM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
That's handy, to catch it hopefully before any courtesy notice gets processed & generated in the system. They need to come out within 15 days of the original citation, can anyone verify?
Old 10-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
It is state ref ticket as on the back of the ticket it says State Ref required NO Officer sign off. And i called that number that everyone else called ... and the office is closed and they gave me the number to Department of Consumer Affairs and the person over there told me I just gotta wait until state ref stations open and take my car over there. Another question
You'll still have to pay the fine no matter what.

That sticker is BS...

I'm pretty sure to have to go to a state ref you have to be cited as such, and giving a state ref ticket for being "too loud" is stupid.

If you all you need to do is convert to stock exhaust and blow off valve, I'd do that and get it reffed when you can. Then make sure you get a cert saying you are compliant.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:50 PM

Car Info: 20psi Daily!
im guessing ref is open again??

http://www.bar.ca.gov/
Effective immediately, CAP Repair Assistance and Vehicle Retirement service contracts, as well as the Referee contract, have been reinstated. Today, October 6, 2008, services provided under the CAP contracts may resume. Consumers can contact CAP at (866) 272-9642.

The Referee Scheduling Center will be open on Wednesday, October 8, 2008, to begin scheduling appointments. Consumers can contact the Referee at (800) 622-7733.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:54 PM

Car Info: Porsche 911 GT3
i guess that is good news. but not sure for those that get the ticket that says correct AND pay
Old 10-06-2008, 04:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 STi
This is good news if the refs are open again.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:12 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
back logged ??

flooded?
Old 10-06-2008, 05:25 PM

Car Info: Porsche 911 GT3
Originally Posted by Onizuka
This is good news if the refs are open again.
isn't that what the announcement is all about?
Old 10-23-2008, 12:48 PM

Car Info: BMW 525i E39
so i took my car to the Evergreen Valley College state ref for the third time today and finally got it smogged. And then traffic court paid 10 dollars and now good to go. First time they only put me down for noise test. Free. Second time smog but he failed the visual inspection because of my Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge and Turbo Timer. So took it again today in the morning and finally passed and now I can relax and not to worry about SJPD anymore
I am hoping everyone else who got state ref tickets got em cleared.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:55 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
ummm yeah. I went to evergreen and ..... I failed the visual. he got out his little telescoping stick with mirror and saw that I had a "straight pipe" installed under the turbo. he was looking under my hood for 20 mins. The pipe was ceramic coated black and he was able to find it I will swap it out next week and go back to test then...... oh well the next time I go I will be completly stock except for the intake and catback.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:12 AM
Old School

Originally Posted by DemonPossessed
ummm yeah. I went to evergreen and ..... I failed the visual. he got out his little telescoping stick with mirror and saw that I had a "straight pipe" installed under the turbo. he was looking under my hood for 20 mins. The pipe was ceramic coated black and he was able to find it I will swap it out next week and go back to test then...... oh well the next time I go I will be completly stock except for the intake and catback.

Do you think these guys are idiots?!

Many people in this very thread said you MUST convert your car back to stock parts when it comes to exhaust and intake, any thing that taps the ECU wires or intake and exhaust.

No ECUs, no Gauges that have to do with air/exhaust and especially have to have stock exhaust on the car.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:12 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
You can't have an A/F gauge? WTF?
Old 10-24-2008, 09:15 AM
Old School

Originally Posted by wombatsauce
You can't have an A/F gauge? WTF?
You can't mess with smog equipment...

Smog equipment starts are the air filter and stops at the catalyst... From start to finish, all the way through the motor/turbo/IC to the end, you can't tap anything.

Also the ECU can't be tapped, so no turbo timer, A/F controller.

Quick Reply: just got pulled over leaving wingstop state ref !