just got pulled over leaving wingstop state ref !

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 12:17 AM
banned

Car Info: heel'n toe da hoe...
I think everyone should go back out. Just bring a t.v. crew with you.

But really...
Get a injunction to stop them till its delt with in court
Get everyones court date changed to the same day and judge
Get the mayors office,wingstop owner and T.V. involed
Get your cars up to code
Get back out to wingstop to show them you cant be run off or scared away.
Then after you win in court, file harassment, profiling, with the naacp

If everyone chips in. You might get a lawyer to work pro-bono for you. That would help.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:46 AM
08.11.84 - 02.14.10

Car Info: a center diff that is going...
Originally Posted by AzN121184
well i think if one were to argue it race had nothing to do with it....were any NON-ASIANS NOT pulled over and cited?
Yeah, a number on non asians were able to make it through and they did not get pulled over. You can't tell what race I am, but I also went the long way out around all the cops.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:58 AM

Car Info: another turbo, but not an import
imo, if they are picking on asians then this goes deeper than just illegal mods...might be an issue to take to ACLU
Old 09-23-2008, 08:02 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by I<3subie
I think everyone should go back out. Just bring a t.v. crew with you.

But really...
Get a injunction to stop them till its delt with in court
Get everyones court date changed to the same day and judge
Get the mayors office,wingstop owner and T.V. involed
Get your cars up to code
Get back out to wingstop to show them you cant be run off or scared away.
Then after you win in court, file harassment, profiling, with the naacp

If everyone chips in. You might get a lawyer to work pro-bono for you. That would help.
If it was any other county sure, but SCC??

You guys aren't listening to me, SCC has built this into an unprotestable system.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:42 AM

Car Info: 06 WRX, 04 FXT, 02 Forester L, 95 JDM LGT
i dont really see and case against the police. i mean yeah this sucks and all but realistically you all got tickets for legitimate reasons, or so it seems. you would have a better case and probably win if there were a few of you who got pulled over and harassed while being stock. the department will protect its own. and from their point of view you were all breaking the law.

you keep bringing up that most of the drivers that were pulled over were asian, like they were singling you out. but in all honesty about 90% of the people who are out there are asian or pacific islander. statistically, it kinda makes sense that all but one that got pulled over were asian.

your are all right, it sucks. i know. but it does no good cry about being caught for breaking the law. you mod your cars knowing there can be consequences. you take the risk of being pulled over every time you drive your car if it has been modified. if you did not want the trouble of being hassled you should have left your cars stock.

all im saying is you have to pay to play.
and yes some times it can be expensive.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:57 AM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Originally Posted by rallied out wrx
i dont really see and case against the police. i mean yeah this sucks and all but realistically you all got tickets for legitimate reasons, or so it seems. you would have a better case and probably win if there were a few of you who got pulled over and harassed while being stock. the department will protect its own. and from their point of view you were all breaking the law.

you keep bringing up that most of the drivers that were pulled over were asian, like they were singling you out. but in all honesty about 90% of the people who are out there are asian or pacific islander. statistically, it kinda makes sense that all but one that got pulled over were asian.

your are all right, it sucks. i know. but it does no good cry about being caught for breaking the law. you mod your cars knowing there can be consequences. you take the risk of being pulled over every time you drive your car if it has been modified. if you did not want the trouble of being hassled you should have left your cars stock.

Unfortunately this is true.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:51 AM

Car Info: '06 RBP Impreza 2.5i

Thank you, Officer Brown!
Old 09-23-2008, 12:08 PM

Car Info: 08 sti
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I see/hear anywhere from 10 to 20 cars and trucks... american with LOUD exhaust and some CLEARLY heavily modified that don't even get second looks. I drove be 3 CHP today. ALL 3 stopped what they were doing and stared me down. I just waved and drove by going EXACTLY the speed limit. *** holes.

So true. cops love domestics.

Cop see's skinny drag racing tires on the front - oh damn hes got flat tires
Cop hear's camming loping loud v8 - *gets on the loud speaker* "sounds good"
Old 09-23-2008, 12:29 PM

Car Info: 06 WRX, 04 FXT, 02 Forester L, 95 JDM LGT
Originally Posted by kitsune713
Thank you, Officer Brown!
not yet.....
Old 09-23-2008, 12:55 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Vhalin
So true. cops love domestics.

Cop see's skinny drag racing tires on the front - oh damn hes got flat tires
Cop hear's camming loping loud v8 - *gets on the loud speaker* "sounds good"
I have both an import and an american classic and its true. My caddy when it was on the road was way louder than my suby. Only thing I ever got negative was some douche telling me it was illegal to have a spot light on my car and its for emergency/police only. I said... do you know what this is for? He had no clue. Dumb ***. I had to explain to him that in the 50's street lighting wasn't as good as it is now. Spot lights where to find the addresses on houses.
100% legal in 1953 and therefore 100% legal now.

My buddies 54 chevy is one of the loudest cars I've ever heard and he is yet to be hassled and it sees plenty of time in down town san jose.

Buddy of mine used to drive around in a dodge dart with slicks and never got hassled yet I get a ticket for my damn near brand new RE070s.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:11 PM

Car Info: 06 Impreza
not yet.....
how far along jason??
Old 09-23-2008, 01:12 PM

Car Info: 2007 WRX CGM
lately i've been seeing more and more pickups and suv's with modified exhausts that sound WAYY loud.

does anyone know of someone that got ticketed for modified exhaust on their truck?
Old 09-23-2008, 01:55 PM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
Or how loud many Harley's or some street bikes are.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:02 PM
banned

Car Info: heel'n toe da hoe...
Ah you guys know that bikes will be smoged starting 2010? They will also get the same run.. But its harder to catch them if they dont stop.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:03 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by jondl
lately i've been seeing more and more pickups and suv's with modified exhausts that sound WAYY loud.

does anyone know of someone that got ticketed for modified exhaust on their truck?
Originally Posted by Lboogie
Or how loud many Harley's or some street bikes are.
Street bikes get their fair share. Theres a thread on BARF right now about CHPs zero tolerance.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it all boils down to our actions. Not our individual actions, but our actions as a whole (read: imports). There are far more idiots causing trouble and strife for others while driving imports/sportbikes than there are in SUVs and Harleys.

We're an easy target, so you have to do what you can to minimize your chance of being singled out, ie: no limo tint or Nur Spec exhausts.

The next time you see the fool in the 125hp stock Honda with a melon shooter exhaust going WOT from stop light to stop light, thank him for your next trip to the State Ref.

Quick Reply: just got pulled over leaving wingstop state ref !