Just got backed in by a freakin' Van, Big dent on the hood.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 11:36 PM

Car Info: 02 aspen white WRX
Originally Posted by StupidDent
Agree... it's way to close to the edge. I have something like that, well, not as big, but just as close to the edge as yours on my hood. Even the dent instructor said no.

Since you have his insurance, I say NEW HOOD!! Good luck, and I mean it. You have too many body damage threads!!
haha, so true about the body damage threads. I have had like 4 different ppl hitting my car, all small damages tho. Just 2 weeks ago, i was parked in SF on the street, sitting in my car just waiting for my gf, and then this old lady tried to park behind of me, and hit the back of my car while trying to get into the space. the space behind of me was hella huge too, not tight at all. And when i went to talk to her, she was like, "we all live in the city, and this is what happens. I am sorry i screwed up!" she sounded like she didn't do anything wrong. I didn't even bother to get her information coz there was only a streak of her paint on my car, and i just wiped it off. but i mean... wtf? you hit my car

Same for this time too, i left such a huge space in front of me, and this guy still backed up into me.... Don't know what else i can do to avoid people from hitting me. I usually parked my car, and inspect the front and rear space, before i turn off my engine to make sure there is enough space for other people to park, maybe next time, i should make sure that there is no space at all, so they will give up parking there.

and Leo, I totally forgot about the odor removal thing, I still wanna have it done.
I will pm you when my midterms are over.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:20 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX/05 Legacy
But i am thinking, if i don't get his insurance information, that means i can't claim anything from his insurance. So does that mean if i call my insurance, i will have to pay the deductible myself to get it fix?
You're screwed if he denies ever hitting you. You have any 3rd party witnesses?
Old 02-20-2007, 08:13 AM

Car Info: I is not STiYLIN n e moar
I know how you feel. My car just got backed into again (scrapes this time) after I just got the front and rear bumpers replaced not even a month ago. People suck at parking and I hate every single person that ever hit someones car and just drove off.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:30 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Bugeyed Autowagon
Originally Posted by STiYLIN
I know how you feel. My car just got backed into again (scrapes this time) after I just got the front and rear bumpers replaced not even a month ago. People suck at parking and I hate every single person that ever hit someones car and just drove off.

I once had someone back into me and they had a trailer hitch, left perfect square dent in my hood.

I bought a Bra then sold the car.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:52 AM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
no problem... i'll be around.

Originally Posted by mhl23
and Leo, I totally forgot about the odor removal thing, I still wanna have it done.
I will pm you when my midterms are over.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:23 AM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by newyorkreload
You do know that Carbon can be painted over right? It was designed to save weight, not to be bling. Get one then paint it.

sinner!!!! how dare you recommend painting over CF...

LOLLLLLLLL...

a few years ago, i remember seeing from WRC footage where the paint was coming off the SWRT body panels. you can clearly see CF underneath the paint...

i mean dont they know all these ricers are applying fake CF overlays just to look cool?????
Old 02-20-2007, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by STiYLIN
I had almost the same experience too, I just painted my front bumper last August, and then when school started in September, my front bumper was scratched. I think by the apartment maintenance worker. So freakin' mad.

His insurance company still hasn't called me to confirm that the person has accept liability... How long does it usually take before they call me back?
I am worried, coz the person driving the car was not insured by the car insurance, coz he borrowed his friend's car.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:22 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

His insurance company still hasn't called me to confirm that the person has accept liability... How long does it usually take before they call me back?
I am worried, coz the person driving the car was not insured by the car insurance, coz he borrowed his friend's car.
go after them.

look. an accident is an accident.

that's why in kalifornia, we are forced to get car insurance.

someone has to fess up and pay. go after the car's owner. in the end the owner is responsible.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:36 PM

I called this morning, and the insurance told me that they did not confirm liability yet.
Is the guy hiding from the insurance? if so, what can I do about it?

and last night when i drove, i smell gasoline or burnt coolant from the air vents, and when i checked the engine bay, the coolant was below low.
And i remember last time when i looked, it was probably 2 months ago, and it was still good, i would say a good amount above "low level"
Could the hit break some hoses, and now the radiator is leaking coolant? or doing something strange?
I have had the car for 2 years now, and I have never smelled such a bad smell inside the car from the vents, also never put in any coolant, since it's been always at a good level.

What could have caused the coolant to suddenly go that low?
Old 02-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Former Vendor

crack in the radiator...

call your insurance company and maybe pay for the deductable now, get the car fixed, and have your insurance company go after them for you and get the money back later.

I would not want to drive around with crack radiator and over heat the engine.... good luck!
Old 02-23-2007, 07:52 PM

ah sh*t... but the other insurance company hasn't confirmed liability from the guy.
should i cancel the claim from his insurance, and start a claim from my own?
man.. midterms are coming up too, gonna be so busy. A bad start for Chinese New Year, haha.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:19 PM
Former Vendor

no, don't cancel. just call your insurance company and tell them exactly what happened and give them all the information including the claim number.

you pay the insurance company to have them do all the stuff for you. Don't stress out over it. good luck!

ah sh*t... but the other insurance company hasn't confirmed liability from the guy.
should i cancel the claim from his insurance, and start a claim from my own?
man.. midterms are coming up too, gonna be so busy. A bad start for Chinese New Year, haha.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by StupidDent
no, don't cancel. just call your insurance company and tell them exactly what happened and give them all the information including the claim number.

you pay the insurance company to have them do all the stuff for you. Don't stress out over it. good luck!
cool, that makes sense.
Thanks for all the advices, never had an accident before that leads to mechanical problems before, so I don't really know what to do.

I really like i-club, coz it's really a friendly place where nobody will say anything bad to you when you are in a serious situation.

oh, and should i be driving my car right now? I don't see my temperature goes to High when i ran the car for about 10 minutes in the garage. does that mean i can probably go for some miles?

Last edited by mhl23; 02-23-2007 at 09:39 PM.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:35 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Why don't people have police reports filled out. Always have police reports filled out. As for popping the dent; forget about it. Aluminum will never go back to shape. It's his fault have him pay for it. George at Creative will take care.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:18 AM

Car Info: 05' WRB STI
People don't get police reports because unless someone is injured or it's a major accident the police won't bother coming out. In this situation the other insurance may well deny the claim (and be right in doing so), if the driver wasn't the owner of the vehicle as well since the owner could say the driver didn't have permission to be using the vehicle.

I would do as others have said, report it to your insurance, pay your deductible and they will ATTEMPT (no garauntee) to get the deductible back from the other carrier if they feel they have enough proof. Or if you carry uninsured motorists coverage they may be able to activate that (which usually steps in the cover your ded)

Edit: If your car is acting wierd I would get the repairs started ASAP. If you keep driving around with it and something else breaks because of it, your insurance doesn't owe for that since you didn't properly mitigate your damages.

Last edited by mac35g; 02-24-2007 at 09:22 AM.

Quick Reply: Just got backed in by a freakin' Van, Big dent on the hood.