Just in case you didn't know... the Carpool lane isn't the freakin Autobahn...

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 12:07 PM

Car Info: '04 ed tuned vf39 jbp wagon
In Colorado, you can get ticketed for being in another lane other than the right lane if you're not passing...ie if you're cruising going the speed limit in the fast lane with no one around, you're breaking the law. It seems common sense to stay right except to pass, but common sense isn't a given anymore.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:27 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
However, you guys act like people shouldn't block you from speeding out of courtesy, but isn't it also courtesy to not endanger other people by not excessively speeding? (This does not apply to those going UNDER the limit)
I got a speeding ticket for going 39mph in a 35mph zone and had to do traffic school. One slide in the CA-DMV approved traffic school said:

- do not go faster than speed limit
- if you are going slower than cars in your lane, move to the right; EVEN IF YOU ARE GOING SPEED LIMIT.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by chimchimm5
I got a speeding ticket for going 39mph in a 35mph zone and had to do traffic school. One slide in the CA-DMV approved traffic school said:

- do not go faster than speed limit
- if you are going slower than cars in your lane, move to the right; EVEN IF YOU ARE GOING SPEED LIMIT.
That's to prevent road rage. Yes, it is not your job to police fellow citizens. I still feel it's rather arrogant to get mad at other drivers not making it easy for you to endanger them.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:10 PM

Car Info: wrx02
Originally Posted by medicSTi
I wish slow people got ticketed... some people get in the fast lane and intentionally try to slow traffic down... lol that's when you hop in front of them and let them taste catless flat4juice
Try turn on your windshield wiper and water for a good 30sec.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
That's to prevent road rage. Yes, it is not your job to police fellow citizens. I still feel it's rather arrogant to get mad at other drivers not making it easy for you to endanger them.
By travelling 10-15mph faster than they are is not a guarantee that I am endangering them. But I will be endangering them if they force me to pass on the right instead of just moving over and letting me go bye. It's not like the majority of these people passing the other traffic are going 100+ where it would be endangering.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:05 PM

Car Info: 2005 Stg.2 Wrx
if you ever spot me on the highway im always in the most Right lane going 65. i still get highbeamed by huge lifted trucks and get flick off at.

i honestly hate speeding on the highway. going 80 compared to 60mph for a 20mile distance will only arithmetically get you there 5 mins faster. Now if your wife is pregnant or your mother is dying i can understand for highbeaming me for going 65, but other than that, whats the point? plus by saving yourself 5 mins, youve wasted more gas. going 80 in my wrx hits 3000rpm iirc. <- (i dont even know forsure cuz i never go that speed. please do correct me if im wrong on the 5speed tranny.)

im not trying to offend highspeedenthusiasts and dont get me wrong, i have my fun times on empty mountain/hill roads, but on the highway slow lane really?
Old 04-25-2009, 02:14 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
By travelling 10-15mph faster than they are is not a guarantee that I am endangering them. But I will be endangering them if they force me to pass on the right instead of just moving over and letting me go bye. It's not like the majority of these people passing the other traffic are going 100+ where it would be endangering.
First off, I'm not forcing or "making" you do anything. That is 100% YOUR CHOICE.

"Let's take a look at one of the major causes of car accidents: speeding. Of all accident causes, it seems like it is the most preventable. The results of speeding are devastating: nearly 30 percent of all car accident fatalities are caused by speeding, that totals nearly 13,113 lives in 2005 alone.
Why is speeding so deadly? Some reasons:

Speed increases a driver's stopping distance
Speed reduces your ability to maneuver around curves or things dropped in the roadway
Speed increases the distance a driver travels when reacting to a deadly situation such a brake lights in front of them, a deer on the highway or a child's ball that went into the street."

I'll dig up more later. I can tell from your way of thinking however, that your profession, and the area of expertise in which you are trained, is not one that investigates, or deals with car accidents. Therefore, you're "fact" of 10-15 mph over the limit (75-80 mph) not causing a danger really holds no water.

Please don't take this as a personal attack, as it is just information against a dangerous way of thinking.

Originally Posted by wocabin
if you ever spot me on the highway im always in the most Right lane going 65. i still get highbeamed by huge lifted trucks and get flick off at.
Middle lane is supposedly safest because if you need to dodge something in the middle of the lane, you have left and right to move to. At least that's what I was taught in drivers education. You also don't have to deal with people merging in

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 04-25-2009 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:19 PM

Middle lane is supposedly safest because if you need to dodge something in the middle of the lane, you have left and right to move to. At least that's what I was taught in drivers education. You also don't have to deal with people merging in
oh, then i wish i could drive in the middle lane but i get less highbeams on the right. got a nice hid highbeam by an m3 yesterday. coolguy! thanks for risking my life.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:22 PM
VIP Member

oh, then i wish i could drive in the middle lane but i get less highbeams on the right. got a nice hid highbeam by an m3 yesterday. coolguy! thanks for risking my life.
That, sir, is impossible. Speeders and aggressive drivers ONLY speed and pass in the far left lane. You MUST have been in the far left lane refusing to move over.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:23 PM

oh, thats right. my bad. they never tend to swerve around. mm. im only driving local from now on. screw the highway.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:50 PM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
i had someone flip me off for going 65 today.

i always cruise control on 65. sorry for following teh law?
Were you on 101 this morning? In a different car?
Old 04-25-2009, 04:54 PM

Car Info: RWD Camry
That, sir, is impossible. Speeders and aggressive drivers ONLY speed and pass in the far left lane. You MUST have been in the far left lane refusing to move over.
Say what?
Old 04-25-2009, 05:09 PM

*sarcasm x 24

no, i was on 680 north coming home from church in my wrx
Old 04-25-2009, 06:42 PM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
Originally Posted by medicSTi
I wish slow people got ticketed... some people get in the fast lane and intentionally try to slow traffic down... lol that's when you hop in front of them and let them taste catless flat4juice
LMFAO catless flat4juice... that's awesome
Old 04-25-2009, 07:08 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Pactin
Say what?
What Wocabin said... sarcasm

Quick Reply: Just in case you didn't know... the Carpool lane isn't the freakin Autobahn...