Just in case you didn't know... the Carpool lane isn't the freakin Autobahn...

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 01:00 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX, 2014 BRZ
Originally Posted by wocabin
i had someone flip me off for going 65 today.

i always cruise control on 65. sorry for following teh law?
kevin??
Old 04-25-2009, 01:04 AM

Car Info: 2005 Stg.2 Wrx
aha yea, fasho. enjoying the suby so far?
Old 04-25-2009, 01:04 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX, 2014 BRZ
aha yea, fasho. enjoying the suby so far?
i cant even start the engine yet lol
Old 04-25-2009, 01:18 AM

Car Info: 99 Legacy 2.5GT, 01 FOZZY
their just mad that their car starts to shake and loose bolts at 85mi/hr
Old 04-25-2009, 01:25 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I hate when people drive the same speed as non-carpool lanes, what's the point of being in the carpool lane if you're going the same speed as everyone else? All you're doing is slowing everyone else down!

Don't get me started on people that drive slow in the fast lane... I don't know if its because I'm European or what, but the left lane is the FAST LANE! If you want to go slow, get the f' OVER TO THE RIGHT!!! Is it really that hard?

In Europe you will get a ticket if you drive slow in the fast lane... Its strictly enforced too.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:27 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
I wish slow people got ticketed... some people get in the fast lane and intentionally try to slow traffic down... lol that's when you hop in front of them and let them taste catless flat4juice
Old 04-25-2009, 02:04 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
i had someone flip me off for going 65 today.

i always cruise control on 65. sorry for following teh law?
Were you going slower than people in lanes to the right of you?

Nothing wrong with 65. Just move to the right if it's slower than others. It doesn't matter if the faster people are "breaking the law". That's them. Let the cops get them. If you are slower than the people to the right of you, then YOU are breaking the rules of traffic.

Sometimes I drive 65. Sometimes I drive faster. When I am driving 65, I drive in the appropriate lane... which often end up being the rightmost, or the 2nd to right.

In California, unless you're in traffic, the fast lane (more than 2 lane freeway) is effectively NEVER the place to drive 65.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:32 AM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Going up the Sunol Grade when heading North on 680 typically the fast lane is the slowest lane and the slow lane is the fastest lane. I've never really understood that, but that's the way it tends to work on that stretch of the freeway for some reason.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:38 AM
aka FlukeWRX

Originally Posted by brucelee
I hate when people drive the same speed as non-carpool lanes, what's the point of being in the carpool lane if you're going the same speed as everyone else? All you're doing is slowing everyone else down!

Don't get me started on people that drive slow in the fast lane... I don't know if its because I'm European or what, but the left lane is the FAST LANE! If you want to go slow, get the f' OVER TO THE RIGHT!!! Is it really that hard?

In Europe you will get a ticket if you drive slow in the fast lane... Its strictly enforced too.
Technically they can enforce for going too slow in the fast lane as well (or any lane for going under the speed limit. However, I think they don't tend to ticket unless you are about 10-15 miles below the speed limit.

I completely agree though that if you want to cruise, that's fine, just move the hell out of the way and let the people that want to go faster have the appropriate lane to do it in. I think this is one of the biggest reasons as to why we have so much Road Rage in the U.S. is because it seems like there is constantly someone going too slow or blocking the Fast Lane. Heck, if I'm going faster than traffic already, but see someone coming up that's going faster than me, I still move to the right and let them pass. It is the right thing to do and is the courteous thing to do.

Yeah, my brother lives in Vienna, Austria and after seeing how people drive on the freeways out there I REALLY wish people learned to drive like Europeans over there.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:34 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by brucelee

I completely agree. If you want to drive the speed limit, stay over in the right lanes. Left lanes are for passing slower cars. If I want to drive 80 and risk getting a speeding ticket than that's on me. It's not your job to slow me down, *******s. And if you are in the carpool and I want to drive faster, how hard is it to change lanes, let me go bye, then get back into the lane.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
In other states (I think Mass and/or Virginia) the left lane is called the passing lane. You can cruise in it, but if the car ahead of you is going closer you can move over to pas. I'm not sure how that works in heavier traffic though as "passing" a lot of cars looks like cruising in that lane.

I tend to cruise at 70. I'll move to the left if the middle is going slower, but I'll let people coming up behind me pass by moving in to the middle until it's clear in the left again.

However, you guys act like people shouldn't block you from speeding out of courtesy, but isn't it also courtesy to not endanger other people by not excessively speeding? (This does not apply to those going UNDER the limit)
Old 04-25-2009, 10:57 AM

Car Info: 2008 specB
Originally Posted by medicSTi

Is pulling to the right and stopping really that hard to remember...?
Driving is hard enough for most people, you expect them to remember laws?
I forgot to turn my reds off while merging onto the freeway one time...Talk about chaos...lol
Old 04-25-2009, 11:12 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
lol been there done that
Old 04-25-2009, 11:15 AM
aka FlukeWRX

Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
However, you guys act like people shouldn't block you from speeding out of courtesy, but isn't it also courtesy to not endanger other people by not excessively speeding? (This does not apply to those going UNDER the limit)
Devil's Advocate here - Isn't it Safer to let the person that wants to speed stay in 1 lane rather than weaving in and out of traffic as they try to get around and through all the traffic?
Old 04-25-2009, 11:31 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by flukewrx
Devil's Advocate here - Isn't it Safer to let the person that wants to speed stay in 1 lane rather than weaving in and out of traffic as they try to get around and through all the traffic?
can you really ask some to make it safer for them to endanger you? Yes, it's safer to let them pass. It's safest to not put them in the situation to have to try to make your unsafe behavior safer.

Quick Reply: Just in case you didn't know... the Carpool lane isn't the freakin Autobahn...