It's not only Xmas time for you and me, lets not forget about our furry friends!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 01:53 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by kspek
this thread is pathetic most of us don't even have enough money for ourselves this thread should not be a sticky, a simple bump now and then maybe.
so what your saying is that helping anumals is lame?

Even if you could donwte $1, thqt would be great.

I dont know how you guy can think thos thread is lame.

I hardly have any $$$ but I still managed $100.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:26 PM

Car Info: Porsche 911 GT3
Originally Posted by brucelee
so what your saying is that helping anumals is lame?

Even if you could donwte $1, thqt would be great.

I dont know how you guy can think thos thread is lame.

I hardly have any $$$ but I still managed $100.
honestly brucelee, it is all my fault. i was having a bad day and decided to attack a few people here on i-club. i am sorry and who am i to judge what you're doing. it is really very nice of you to do what you're doing. it is just really tough times for so many people these days and i personally love cats and not dogs, but have survival thinking right now.

so please forgive me.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by MyNikonLens
honestly brucelee, it is all my fault. i was having a bad day and decided to attack a few people here on i-club. i am sorry and who am i to judge what you're doing. it is really very nice of you to do what you're doing. it is just really tough times for so many people these days and i personally love cats and not dogs, but have survival thinking right now.

so please forgive me.

When I read your first post I was like "!!!!!", then I had some random thoughts such as:

1. I thought this guy was my friend

2. I never did anything wrong to him

3. does he hate animals?

4. Is he so cheap that he'd rather pick a fight with my over an issue that I believe so stongly about then donate somethinfg to thr fund instead?

5. Then I see your friends chime in whilst backing you up... Like I committed some crime or something... What the hell man? This money isnt for me, its for animals... You know who started this tradition back in the day? Our very own Russian founder, yes, the same guy who created this place. was abusing ppwer?

I have bad days too, lots of them, even so, I don't come here bashing my friends for no good reason... Maybe some noobs but def not mods or forum friends.

You should think about that next time.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
you guys are pathetic... seriously ashamed. Whatever guys...
:unamused:

how many strays have you adopted?

<- 4 cats saved from "the shot" here, all total they've cost me $x,xxx in vet bills.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Well when I saw it I was like "WTF I just hung out with that guy and thought he was cool! Now he's saying everybody here is pathetic!"

and I thought my post above was decent since I do care about causes and helping out, even though I didn't send money to your paypal
Old 12-31-2008, 03:48 PM

When I read your first post I was like "!!!!!", then I had some random thoughts such as:

1. I thought this guy was my friend

2. I never did anything wrong to him

3. does he hate animals?

4. Is he so cheap that he'd rather pick a fight with my over an issue that I believe so stongly about then donate somethinfg to thr fund instead?

5. Then I see your friends chime in whilst backing you up... Like I committed some crime or something... What the hell man? This money isnt for me, its for animals... You know who started this tradition back in the day? Our very own Russian founder, yes, the same guy who created this place. was abusing ppwer?

I have bad days too, lots of them, even so, I don't come here bashing my friends for no good reason... Maybe some noobs but def not mods or forum friends.

You should think about that next time.
you are right. you are my friend and i do apologize. as i said it was a bad day for me and the word pathetic rubbed me the wrong way. so please accept my apology and hope to remain friends.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:50 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by MyNikonLens
you are right. you are my friend and i do apologize. as i said it was a bad day for me and the word pathetic rubbed me the wrong way. so please accept my apology and hope to remain friends.
what about all the bad things bob and i said about you yesterday on diablo?

Old 12-31-2008, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Rescuer
what about all the bad things bob and i said about you yesterday on diablo?

what people say about me, is none of my business. say all you want.

Old 12-31-2008, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by RussB
:unamused:

how many strays have you adopted?

<- 4 cats saved from "the shot" here, all total they've cost me $x,xxx in vet bills.
7 Animals.

6 dogs and 1 cat. This thread is not a pissing match and that is not what I meant about the pathetic remark.

When I said pathetic, I meant that it was pathetic that in 24 hours that not a single soul had replied to this thread, not even for moral support. All I'm asking for is the little money you could spare for a doggy or kitty... Remember that I I went out of my to get all donations DOUBLED for out little friends. Hell, even a dollar counts.. It all adds up. It may not seem like much to you, but it means the world to them. Some dogs don't even have blankets in the shelter, donations like these help our little friends out.

Also, what the hell is up with you guys getting all butt hurt? All I said was that it was pathetic that no one even replied to the thread and then you insult me? All I want to do is help homeless animals and in return I get treated like crap? Thanks guys... I appreciate that, I wont forget that.

Well, I guess thats that... Thanks to those who actually did help out... I really appreciate it... To the rest of you that bashed me in this thread EAD
Old 12-31-2008, 07:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
i don't believe that asking for hand outs should be a sticky, i came on here before asking people to donate to help my friend get a proper funeral and that wasn't a sticky, there's a member on norcal classified being scammed and not even a sticky to warn people about that person but oh no the animals don't have blankets give me your money i can help thread gets it, not saying that they shouldn't be helped but times are tough for some people not everybody have money lying around to help feed the animals, some can't even feed themselves and living paycheck by paycheck if they even still get one in this economy, there was a toy/canned food drive did you donate? did anybody on that thread get all butt hurt that not everybody donate or help calling people pathetic etc. you should EAD
Old 12-31-2008, 09:08 PM

i don't believe that asking for hand outs should be a sticky, i came on here before asking people to donate to help my friend get a proper funeral and that wasn't a sticky, there's a member on norcal classified being scammed and not even a sticky to warn people about that person but oh no the animals don't have blankets give me your money i can help thread gets it, not saying that they shouldn't be helped but times are tough for some people not everybody have money lying around to help feed the animals, some can't even feed themselves and living paycheck by paycheck if they even still get one in this economy, there was a toy/canned food drive did you donate? did anybody on that thread get all butt hurt that not everybody donate or help calling people pathetic etc. you should EAD
Its a tradtion and we have done it for years and years.

I am not asking for handouts for the sake of somone's charity, I am merely helping the local animal shelter like he have been doing for years now.

I really can't believe that anyone would have a problem with a sticky thread made to benefit poor and innocent animals! Does it bother you THAT much to see a sticky thread about it? What bothers you about? I help people as well as animals... You obviously don't remember Matt Hinton, the kid I helped by using this message bored to make his last dreams come true.

I don't normally give out points to people, but you telling me to eat a d*** for doing a donation drive for dogs and cats... Thats really classy... Really classy... Dont think of me giving the points to you... Think of some stray animals that you would have been helping by donating something.

Last edited by brucelee; 12-31-2008 at 09:46 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
you told everybody that disagreed with you to EAD too but whos gonna give you the points but whatever this forum went downhill anyways
Old 12-31-2008, 10:05 PM

you told everybody that disagreed with you to EAD too but whos gonna give you the points but whatever this forum went downhill anyways
Uh, I didn't tell anyone to eat a d***, all I said is that it was pathetic that people wouldn;t even reply in this thread... This thread was to HELP!!! I wasn't really seriously serious about the pathetic thing...

I can't believe you... Why would this be such a big deal? Something so negative? This is a GOOD cause...

If you don't like this forum and are going to have this kind of attitude towards members, staff members, and people the people that try to save lives by doing charity drives like this one, then feel feel free to leave this place and don't let the door hit you on the ***.

I really don't understand what happened to you as well as a few others in this thread, I've never had a single problem with ANY of you, then all the sudden all hell breaks loose... What the f!?!?!
Old 12-31-2008, 11:25 PM
VIP Member

"5. Then I see your friends chime in whilst backing you up... Like I committed some crime or something... "

I just wanted to say that I made my original post to defend myself from your "pathetic" comment from post #2. I didn't "chime in" to back up what MyNikonlens said I was completely calm and level headed when I made my post

I believe what happend was that the "pathetic" comment rubbed people the wrong way. And like I said in my original post that just because I didn't send you money doesn't mean I don't support the cause I think this might be true for other people as well. For all we know, there are people who already make donations towards the cause you are supporting by other methods. But the "pathetic" comment pretty much looks like it was aimed at everybody in whole, and I believe that is what created the friction.

I have no problem with you at all, and I support anybody who puts efforts like this towards a cause. And like I said above, I do many fundraisers each year as well as participate in several 5K walks/runs each year for different organizations. Most everybody knows that I work for ALCO SAR, but do you know how much I get paid for that? $0. We are un-paid professionals Most people don't know this about SAR. I guess you could say that I support this more than anything since a lot of my time and money goes towards training, gear, and everthing else we do, especially the call-outs when the pager goes off anytime 24/7.

I think it's fine that "good cause" threads can get stickied. Normally my 5K walk fundraiser threads get stickied on one of the biggest forums in the world. And even with 10,000 views on the thread, I still only got $392 last year. But I try not to look at it as "I only got this much," I look at it like "I was able to get," which is a positive instead of a negative.

For the people that don't think that certain things should be stickied, that's fine since everybody has an opinion. If you want you can get FfVb extension for firefox and ignore any thread you like.

So anyway, Daniel, I don't know you very well since we only met the one time so far. But as for post #2, it just did seem like it was aimed at everybody as a whole and I understand your frustration with people seeming to not care about your cause, but do know that just because somebody doesn't post or send money, they probably do care it's just that you don't know the reasons behind the scenes on why. I keep a smile on my face even when I talk to people in person about my fundraiser and they don't seem to care.

And please don't take this as an attack, because I'm not attacking anybody
and posts 22-23 is just our inside joke

Last edited by Rescuer; 01-01-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:07 AM

Happy New Year

Quick Reply: It's not only Xmas time for you and me, lets not forget about our furry friends!