Issues between Capitol/Stevens Creek Subaru

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 01:23 AM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
im surprised that after 8.5yrs of owning my bugeye everyone hasn't learned to just goto carlsen or santa cruz. santa cruz replaced my motor no questions asked under warranty in 03...or 04...i forget when.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:03 AM

Car Info: '12 TSX 6MT/'01 E39 wagon/'67 VW on E85/'93 M900
Originally Posted by BenSti
and that the car appeared to be mated to a Cobb Accessport still.
aahh.. unless you got the AP with it, this could be a problem if the PO never unmarried the AP.

Originally Posted by willow
So, which base map does it have? Could be a important question when your battery get disconnect and back on. Because it will revert back to it's base map from what appear to be either stock or stage I map that it's currently running.
No it won't. It'll run whatever is flashed to the ECU -- if this happens to be the a map that was flashed using an AP, you won't be able to get it off easily without using the AP it was flashed with. Disconnecting power will wipe the learned parameters but can't change the ECU map.

If the car was not unmarried, that's most likely the reason why the dealership is sketched. If this is the case and they didn't tell you, shame on them -- they ****ed you.

Stan

Last edited by stan_t; 06-22-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:26 AM

Car Info: Wing
Steven creek is a gutter dealership, just ask your local BAR rep. I am surprised about capitol's behavior they have always been helpful. Carlsen is your best bet if you dont want the drama.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:09 AM

Car Info: Java Black 04' STI
Originally Posted by stan_t
aahh.. unless you got the AP with it, this could be a problem if the PO never unmarried the AP.

No it won't. It'll run whatever is flashed to the ECU -- if this happens to be the a map that was flashed using an AP, you won't be able to get it off easily without using the AP it was flashed with. Disconnecting power will wipe the learned parameters but can't change the ECU map.

If the car was not unmarried, that's most likely the reason why the dealership is sketched. If this is the case and they didn't tell you, shame on them -- they ****ed you.

Stan
^^^ Exactly! I would try to get my money back or have them replace the ecu under warranty so you can start fresh. Having an unmarried ap on there will cause problems down the road.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:11 AM

Car Info: 12 STi
at this pt, i would make the dealership buy the whole car back! should not have these kind of mods with a CPO...
Old 06-22-2010, 11:12 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Originally Posted by shagginwagon
Those are smoking guns for a Stage 2 modded anything. If that's the condition in which you purchased this car, I would be at Capitol's door first thing in the morning demanding my money back, with an SOA rep on the phone as well.

Also of note is how sloppy their 'Certified Pre Owned' program must be, if this car was truly certified with an AP mate and DP heat shield missing. Even checking the ECU to make sure the stop-sale reflash had been performed would have shown that this was still mated to an AP. And we all know that AP = warranty no bueno.
Originally Posted by iBlueVirus
at this pt, i would make the dealership buy the whole car back! should not have these kind of mods with a CPO...

+1 they ****ed you. Get your money back any way you can. SOA, lawyer, 7 On Your Side, anything you can do

Last edited by rau; 06-22-2010 at 11:17 AM. Reason: damn i cant speeeellllll
Old 06-22-2010, 11:14 AM

Car Info: 03 WRX Wagon
my uncle actually works at carlsen. he quit stevens creek cause it's such a shady place. afaik all the mechanics at carlsen are really cool.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:16 AM
rau
Something Custom

Originally Posted by shimmies
my uncle actually works at carlsen. he quit stevens creek cause it's such a shady place. afaik all the mechanics at carlsen are really cool.
not as cool as Kevin
Old 06-22-2010, 11:21 AM

Car Info: '12 TSX 6MT/'01 E39 wagon/'67 VW on E85/'93 M900
I'm not sure it's that easy to replace an ECU in a Canbus car, these new cars are pretty fancy

If the car is in fact still married, raise this issue ASAP, you should not have to deal with this. This is their problem and they are making it yours. Tell them you feel unsafe as I think the DCCD could be tied into the ECU and could be acting incorrectly.

My friend with an '07 STi once logged too many parameters which overloaded something in the ECU, causing his DCCD to malfunction and go into open differential mode. Just heads up, this could be serious and not trivial to fix.

Stan

Last edited by stan_t; 06-22-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:05 PM

Car Info: 04 wagon
Act quickly. The longer you wait, the higher the chance that they can/will blame that YOU re-flashed the ECU.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by ouji
I thought capitol did a stage 1 flash for your car?
the most important post about the AP. more to this?
Old 08-07-2010, 12:13 AM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sport Wagon
Was this issue ever resolved?

Current status?

I live down the street from Stevens Creek Subaru.

DO NOT take your vehicle there. If you live nearby and you need a bolt or clip quickly or something...fine, mention i-club whatever.

But this is my/my buddy's story:

Friend of mine bought an 04 STI with about 30k on it a few years back in Minnesota and then moved out to Cali. His factory STI struts were making noise and he took it in to get checked out. Sometime within the next day or so we're in his garage and he gets a call from his father asking in a disapproving tone why he's doing 90mph flatout down Stevens Creek. He replies "I'm at home...".

As you may have realized by now, the nice techs at Stevens Creek Subaru decided to take his car out for a little joy ride. This alone spells shady to me.

On top of that, I've had countless bad experiences with the sales people; Arguments because they don't know jack squat about Subaru's (cars in general really), rude approaches, and overall sleezy demeanor.

Capitol seems a little better, but from all the Subaru loyalists that I know, I've never heard anything bad about Carlsen. So why take the chance?

I wouldn't even take my car to Stevens Creek for a damn recall issue.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:18 AM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
Originally Posted by 02bugeyeworks
Was this issue ever resolved?

Current status?

I live down the street from Stevens Creek Subaru.

DO NOT take your vehicle there. If you live nearby and you need a bolt or clip quickly or something...fine, mention i-club whatever.

But this is my/my buddy's story:

Friend of mine bought an 04 STI with about 30k on it a few years back in Minnesota and then moved out to Cali. His factory STI struts were making noise and he took it in to get checked out. Sometime within the next day or so we're in his garage and he gets a call from his father asking in a disapproving tone why he's doing 90mph flatout down Stevens Creek. He replies "I'm at home...".

As you may have realized by now, the nice techs at Stevens Creek Subaru decided to take his car out for a little joy ride. This alone spells shady to me.

On top of that, I've had countless bad experiences with the sales people; Arguments because they don't know jack squat about Subaru's (cars in general really), rude approaches, and overall sleezy demeanor.

Capitol seems a little better, but from all the Subaru loyalists that I know, I've never heard anything bad about Carlsen. So why take the chance?

I wouldn't even take my car to Stevens Creek for a damn recall issue.
you have 5 post and your trying to bad mouth a dealer...
Old 08-07-2010, 12:29 AM
rau
Something Custom

Originally Posted by xhengmanx
you have 5 post and your trying to bad mouth a dealer...
Defending them because you work there? Or used to work there? Or whatever? Who cares how many posts he had, if there was a bad experience, air that ****.....
Old 08-07-2010, 12:45 AM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sport Wagon
For anyone unaware, the speedlimit on Stevens Creek ranges between 35 and 40mph. In that area I believe it's 35. Even if his father's number was exaggerated ~10-15mph they were still comitting a quite serious offense in his vehicle on a highly (vehicle/pedestrian) populated roadway.

Quick Reply: Issues between Capitol/Stevens Creek Subaru