IPhone

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 11:11 PM

Car Info: The Thundercougarfalconbird
i don't think the Iphone is worth it. perhaps i've been spoiled by the phones that came out in Japan, but to be honest, i don't think it is anything revolutionary, the network capability is sub-par and it is merely a phone with a lot of bling. In addition to the phone being $600? No Thank you. I'll go with a treo or something..
Old 06-30-2007, 11:19 PM

Car Info: 2005 Forester X
i work for att

As an employee of att I can tell you that the phone didn't sell as much as you would think. We sold out but we only had 40 at our store. A store down a couple miles had over 100 and had about 30 left; the apple store in our city's mall also had left overs. Also I sold a couple of the iphones to a guy who runs a company that is already making 3rd party apps for the phone so you can expect them in the future. It's a great looking phone, runs well and has a lot in it. The price tag is way high and I don't think you'll have to worry about being able to get one. The stores will do a direct order for you if you want one and it will only take a couple weeks for it to show up at your door. The thing is that the phone doesn't have anything that isn't already out there. It's an ipod, web browser (best one i've seen actually) and a regular phone. The touch screen is sick but do you really want to drop that thing even once? The typing on it isn't my favorite I like my black berry pearl better for that. No photo sending to other cell phones unless you e-mail the photo is lame. The fact that a lot of people that have att cell service under a business name can't use it sucks. I as an employee can't have it for 60 days so if you are a business user you can expect something for you in about 2-3 months. The lowest rate plan for the iphone is $60 a month for 1 person as well. It is something that you are going to have to want if you buy it. Other wise it's a great looking phone that took a few exsisting devices and made it one. It's not revolutionary by any means though... other than the design in it's function (rotating screen - for photos and web only mind you). Personaly opinion... 7/10 for it's looks and design -3 for being an "everybody" phone and not having 3G or MMS service as well as price! Hit me up if you have more questions on service or the phone... P.S: i am a mac fan and user so my opinion is neutral.

Last edited by wingless06; 06-30-2007 at 11:26 PM.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:09 AM

Car Info: 2006 Legacy Spec B
Originally Posted by wingless06
As an employee of att I can tell you that the phone didn't sell as much as you would think. We sold out but we only had 40 at our store. A store down a couple miles had over 100 and had about 30 left; the apple store in our city's mall also had left overs. Also I sold a couple of the iphones to a guy who runs a company that is already making 3rd party apps for the phone so you can expect them in the future. It's a great looking phone, runs well and has a lot in it. The price tag is way high and I don't think you'll have to worry about being able to get one. The stores will do a direct order for you if you want one and it will only take a couple weeks for it to show up at your door. The thing is that the phone doesn't have anything that isn't already out there. It's an ipod, web browser (best one i've seen actually) and a regular phone. The touch screen is sick but do you really want to drop that thing even once? The typing on it isn't my favorite I like my black berry pearl better for that. No photo sending to other cell phones unless you e-mail the photo is lame. The fact that a lot of people that have att cell service under a business name can't use it sucks. I as an employee can't have it for 60 days so if you are a business user you can expect something for you in about 2-3 months. The lowest rate plan for the iphone is $60 a month for 1 person as well. It is something that you are going to have to want if you buy it. Other wise it's a great looking phone that took a few exsisting devices and made it one. It's not revolutionary by any means though... other than the design in it's function (rotating screen - for photos and web only mind you). Personaly opinion... 7/10 for it's looks and design -3 for being an "everybody" phone and not having 3G or MMS service as well as price! Hit me up if you have more questions on service or the phone... P.S: i am a mac fan and user so my opinion is neutral.
no dude you said it. plus companies are not suppporting the iphone for email as no on wants to run imap and pop3 for security reasons. Apple should have at least thought about it.

next version will be a good one. I have been watcing the acutions on ebay and no one is selling the phone for more than $600. what morons! they thought here is a chance to make quick money.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:50 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Has anyone actually seen it in person and played with it???

ITS AWESOME!!! I played with it at the Apple store in WC, very, very cool!

$500 or $600 is too much but if it were $200 I would have bought it for sure.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:03 PM

Car Info: Steel Gray 2006 STi MBP 2012 Impreza Sport
wait until next week, everyone is going to return them to the store and the stores are going to have a stock pile of returned iphones :bow:
Old 07-01-2007, 08:57 PM

Car Info: The Thundercougarfalconbird
Originally Posted by subie OCD
Has anyone actually seen it in person and played with it???

ITS AWESOME!!! I played with it at the Apple store in WC, very, very cool!

$500 or $600 is too much but if it were $200 I would have bought it for sure.
w/o 3G support, i'd prolly say $200 is about right. To be honest, I think the rest is paying for bells, whistles and eye candy.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:31 PM

Car Info: Cage and Slicks and Wing OH MY!!
call me crazy, but my simcard from the iphone has 3g written on it?? coiencidence??
Old 07-01-2007, 09:59 PM

Car Info: 2009 A3 2.0T quattro
Originally Posted by flatline
call me crazy, but my simcard from the iphone has 3g written on it?? coiencidence??
All Cingular SIM made in the last like 18 months say that, including my EDGE based blackberry.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:14 PM

Your sim may even say 4G but the phone must support that. BTW i played with one today and it is sick. $300 and i would have bought one.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:48 PM

Car Info: Sline
Supposedly EDGE got a huge speed boost last Thursday night so the iPhone's internet hasn't been too bad. But it's still
1. Not as fast as it should be (upgrades will mean a new phone)
2. No picture messages
3. Virtual Keyboard
4. Small amount of memory considering.
5. Can't use an older sim card
6. No business users can have it yet!? WTF.
7. No Flash support.
8. WAYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyy over priced.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:05 PM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
mogul FTMFW
Old 07-01-2007, 11:12 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.2L
Originally Posted by flatline
Your SIM may be 3G, but you have to get a phone that supports 3G first. In this case, the iPhone does not support 3G at this moment
Old 07-01-2007, 11:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
my co worker picked up one and i was playing around with it all day. its so sick, makes me wanna pick one up now.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:47 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
i bet its hella tight, but that price is insane....
Old 07-02-2007, 06:42 AM

i was reading tech republic and one dude there was saying Apple is releasing
3g iPhone by fall. Don't know if this is a just a rumour.

visited an AT7T shop yesterday and the gal there told me thet they have plenty in stock at the warehouse. I can get one as early as tomorrow if i paid for one. they will deliver at my door step or pickup. looks like the sale was not as good as expected. But the device is cool. Go apple make it better.

Last edited by specb; 07-02-2007 at 06:57 AM.