Insomniacs: What knocks you out?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 10:24 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
Originally Posted by ryball
That flexoril crap is serious ****. I got some last time I was REALLY sick to help knock me out. I crashed quick and could not do anything for a solid 10 hours. Made me feel like crap the next day, though.
yeah i have a prescription for flexirol, it make sme feel like crap. i cant stay up for more than an hour after i take it and i feel retarded for at least 14 hours afterwards.

i tried taking it every day for a week like the doc prescribed and i felt completely out of it, like i wasnt even on this earth.

and he actually prescribed it for twice a day... **** that
Old 11-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
OMG, this 2mg tablet of ativan is hard core!!! Feels much unlike a sleeping pill but relaxes you to the point of nothing bothering you... Now Im sleepy and have no attitude! Will report back in the morning!!!

YAY FOR ATIVAN!!!! Anyone else try this>
Old 11-03-2009, 11:03 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
yeah i have a prescription for flexirol, it make sme feel like crap. i cant stay up for more than an hour after i take it and i feel retarded for at least 14 hours afterwards.

i tried taking it every day for a week like the doc prescribed and i felt completely out of it, like i wasnt even on this earth.

and he actually prescribed it for twice a day... **** that
twice a day for flexirol? HOLY****!!! good luck with that
Old 11-03-2009, 11:41 PM

Car Info: Type 53
look at the swirling patterns of your optical nerves on the back of your eyelids to aid in relaxation
so that's what that shiet's all about. i never acknowledged what was going when i close my eyes and see that, seems a lot like morphing ink blots behind my eyelids. i thought it was just some crazy **** i was imagining.
You wanna see pain? Swing by First Methodist Tuesday nights. See the guys with testicular cancer. That's pain.
"When you have insomnia, you're never really asleep... and you're never really awake. "

have you had any symptoms of multiple personality disorder, or hallucinations Daniel? do you stay up and make soap?
Old 11-04-2009, 12:29 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
Wow they have me on 2 flexeril 3 times a day for my back. I never get tired on it lol. but then again i am probably the one here who has the worst sleeping pattern lol nothing puts me to sleep and when i went in for surgery doc said he gave me 4 times the legal dose just to put me under and i still woke up during surgery. He said nothing really works on my system to put me to sleep.

Originally Posted by rau
twice a day for flexirol? HOLY****!!! good luck with that
Old 11-04-2009, 11:42 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Just got some Ambien. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Originally Posted by Gibz
Wow they have me on 2 flexeril 3 times a day for my back. I never get tired on it lol. but then again i am probably the one here who has the worst sleeping pattern lol nothing puts me to sleep and when i went in for surgery doc said he gave me 4 times the legal dose just to put me under and i still woke up during surgery. He said nothing really works on my system to put me to sleep.
Are you a ****ing rhinoceros?
Old 11-04-2009, 11:54 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
AMbien has been known to make you do crazy ish all while you not even knowing. My father has done some of the nuttiest stuff. Kind of scary actually.
I'm not an insomniac by any means but every once in a while I just can't fall asleep. I'll toss for an hour then I go the medicine cabinet and take a 5mg Melatonin. Pretty much as soon as I hit the pillow I'm out. I don't think it's a placebo. It really works for me. Now I'd imagine if I took it every night I grow tolerant of it. You can get it just about anywhere. It's cheap and it doesn't make you do crazy ish or feel like crap the next day. It's worth a try.

http://www.natrol.com/sleep_support/4462-melatonin/
Old 11-04-2009, 11:56 AM

Car Info: 2012 WRX
Wow, this thread somewhat makes me feel better - now I know my random imsonia bouts are nothing compared to what others have to go through. Luckily, I haven't needed to resort to prescription drugs, my short list below has done the job for me.

Sex (no, not the 90sec quickie lol)
NyQuil
Advil PM
2 bottles of Guinness Draught (this one gets me relaxed more than any other beer I've tried for some reason)
2-3 shots of Patron (or any hard liquor)
Jerking off on some good pr0n
Melatonin
Mentol cigarette
Motrin + full-fat milk
Old 11-04-2009, 12:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
I can't believe it took over 50 posts for someone to say "RIBS" or "box of wine... puts me right out!"

Maybe cuz this is a li'l dated but still great stuff. I miss Dave!
http://www.buzzhumor.com/videos/3471...Chappelle_Ribs
Old 11-04-2009, 12:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by mcast
so that's what that shiet's all about. i never acknowledged what was going when i close my eyes and see that, seems a lot like morphing ink blots behind my eyelids. i thought it was just some crazy **** i was imagining.
Yup, IIRC it's because your eyelids make contact with your eyes, and the optic nerve responds to the pressure stimulus but doesn't know how to process it, so it makes the "inkblots". It's the same thing as when you close your eyes and press your fingers to your eyelids to get the crazy color patterns -- it's your optic nerve trying to figure out how to process pressure on the eyes.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:14 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by ipozestu
AMbien has been known to make you do crazy ish all while you not even knowing. My father has done some of the nuttiest stuff. Kind of scary actually.
I'm not an insomniac by any means but every once in a while I just can't fall asleep. I'll toss for an hour then I go the medicine cabinet and take a 5mg Melatonin. Pretty much as soon as I hit the pillow I'm out. I don't think it's a placebo. It really works for me. Now I'd imagine if I took it every night I grow tolerant of it. You can get it just about anywhere. It's cheap and it doesn't make you do crazy ish or feel like crap the next day. It's worth a try.

http://www.natrol.com/sleep_support/4462-melatonin/

Yeah megan will have to keep an eye on me the first couple nights. She gets up like 6 times a night anyways.

All I know is if I get in bed before I'm staggering tired I can't sleep. I tried to go to sleep at a normal hour last night... 10:30. I finally fell asleep for good after 1am. I toss around so much I literally get pissed off.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Yeah megan will have to keep an eye on me the first couple nights. She gets up like 6 times a night anyways.

All I know is if I get in bed before I'm staggering tired I can't sleep. I tried to go to sleep at a normal hour last night... 10:30. I finally fell asleep for good after 1am. I toss around so much I literally get pissed off.
Dude you got too much on your plate. Clear some of it away and you'll sleep just fine again.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:52 PM

Car Info: 1988 Carrera & 2013 Carrera S
Originally Posted by brucelee
YAY FOR ATIVAN!!!! Anyone else try this>
Sweet list of side effects:

# Drowsiness
# Fatigue
# Memory loss
# Confusion
# Disorientation
# Vertigo (a spinning sensation)
# Vision changes
# Headaches
# Slurred speech
# Nausea
# Constipation
# Sex drive changes
# Impotence, also known as erectile dysfunction or ED (see Ativan Sexual Side Effects)
# Orgasm problems
# Hair loss (see Ativan and Hair Loss)
# Slightly lower blood pressure.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I talked to my doctor in depth about my sleeping issues, and told him all about the thoughts and nightmares I have about the Yugoslavian civil war that affected my entire family and left some really bad scarred thoughts in my head since I was only 11-13 during that war. I've always had trouble sleeping but after the war it got exponentially worse.

I told my doctor and he suggested that I try Ativan (Lorazapam) which is like a sleep aid, but it's purpose is to calm you down and get rid of anxiety, which is my biggest problem. The reason that other sleep aids didn't work as well as they should have is because they didn't target the areas that affected me directly.

Anyway, I took one last night and felt a way that I have never felt before... All my stressful thoughts were vanquished, and even if I tried thinking of stressful things, they didn't bother me AT ALL. Apparently this is the same stuff that they give to family members when someone in the said family dies... Not only did all stressful thoughts disappear, but I also go drowsy and was able to fall asleep in minutes rather than hours like normal!

WOW! I couldn't believe how well it worked! I slept for a solid 9 hours and woke up refreshed and feeling just fine! I've tried MANY, MAAAAAANY sleep aids but this one just kicks the living crap out of all other sleep aids out there. It's very unique and does it's job well.

If you suffer from stress or anxiety, ativan is for you! It's main purpose is an anti-anxiety medication that allows people with severe anxiety to function normally. It's not something you take every day, it's only "as needed", and for me that is night time right before I go to bed... I don't always go through sleepless nights, but when I do it's really bad and the only thing that can help me is ativan.

Major A+++++++++++++++++ for ativan! Kicks the crap out of ambien as well as other popular sleep aids. If you've served in a war, or have had a very traumatic experience in your life that keeps you awake at night, I highly recommend this for you guys. It come sin .5mg, 1mg, and 2mg, Doc gave me 2mg so I can break them in half and have a bigger supply without having to go to the lame pharmacy.

I'm really looking forward to the thought of being able to sleep when I need to!!! This is such a big deal for me, you guys have no idea how great this is (some of you might).

I love sleep and it's the worst feeling to not be able to sleep when you REALLY REALLY need to because your mind is racing with images of your dead friends laying there missing limbs all bloody, and sometimes with their eyes open... An image I'll never forget.

I have so much respect for our soldiers, doing the unthinkable, and that war doesn't end when they leave the war zone, it stays with them for the rest of their lives. Thank you to all of you who have risked your lives to make us safe. Godspeed and you guys are American's real heroes.

Quick Reply: Insomniacs: What knocks you out?