Input please. The big 3 west coast events.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 11:01 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by Steven@Coach
Ray, you know I'm down for BAM and if/when you need help let me know.
eggggggggggg-xactly!

Me too.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:09 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Originally Posted by zumnwrx
show up expecting very little and being pleasantly surprised (my trick to life)
QFT

Excellent trick for everything.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 99 legacy gt
i like to see some more input guys dont think that we wont look at it im gonna try and make shore anything posted is discussed if you dont post anything we cant improve this event
thnaks guys
Old 04-22-2013, 08:00 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Wagon Mafia would be down to throw a small amount of cash towards sponsorship as well.

When you got stuff figured out better Ray, let me know what "options" there are.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:49 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Max Xevious
Wagon Mafia would be down to throw a small amount of cash towards sponsorship as well.

When you got stuff figured out better Ray, let me know what "options" there are.
Will do man. Definitely appreciate it.

We're kicking around a meeting time right now to kick start this.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:07 PM

This year will be exciting Ray!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:00 PM

Car Info: 2005 subaru LGT
went to both bam and subiefest last year and both where short on food options. wheels n meals has a pretty good thing going with lots of different unique food trucks i would talk to them and see if they would show up. also i think there needs to be a very big parking lot i didnt like the 3 seperate ones. maybe come up with something to do in between the voting for cars and the raffle just to keep people interested maybe like a set up a place where cars can pull up to get photos taken of our cars just an idea
Old 04-22-2013, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bigpat57
went to both bam and subiefest last year and both where short on food options. wheels n meals has a pretty good thing going with lots of different unique food trucks i would talk to them and see if they would show up. also i think there needs to be a very big parking lot i didnt like the 3 seperate ones. maybe come up with something to do in between the voting for cars and the raffle just to keep people interested maybe like a set up a place where cars can pull up to get taken of your car photos just an idea
The trucks backed out last moment last year. Working on a better location for them.

We're looking into bigger areas since it's grown but one thing, we are working with what we get from vendors and donations so renting out some place extremely huge is not easy to complete with the funds given. Unless someone comes up with a place that is doable. Insurance is needed for a lot of places too.

Taking photos that's doable if someone wants to volunteer their entire day to that and editing after. But having a specific spot for it will depend on where we go.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Heedz
The trucks backed out last moment last year. Working on a better location for them.

We're looking into bigger areas since it's grown but one thing, we are working with what we get from vendors and donations so renting out some place extremely huge is not easy to complete with the funds given. Unless someone comes up with a place that is doable. Insurance is needed for a lot of places too.

Taking photos that's doable if someone wants to volunteer their entire day to that and editing after. But having a specific spot for it will depend on where we go.
well what we could do is make it part of a package when buying tickets/shirts you pay a lil extra to get guranteed photo taken so the sooner people place there order the sooner they get their photo this may also helps with funding a lil bit

Last edited by Bigpat57; 04-22-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:08 PM

well what we could do is make it part of a package when buying tickets/shirts you pay a lil extra to get guranteed photo taken so the sooner people place there order the sooner they get their photo this may also helps with funding a lil bit
That's only if someone is willing to donate their time to this.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:10 AM
General Pimpin'

went to both bam and subiefest last year and both where short on food options. wheels n meals has a pretty good thing going with lots of different unique food trucks i would talk to them and see if they would show up. also i think there needs to be a very big parking lot i didnt like the 3 seperate ones. maybe come up with something to do in between the voting for cars and the raffle just to keep people interested maybe like a set up a place where cars can pull up to get photos taken of our cars just an idea
That photo idea is a solid one. Might have to get that set up. Then people can go to the website and order them. Percentage of the profits go to the charity. Rest goes to the vendor that steps up to do it. Hmmmmm....

Good idea.

We tried the food trucks. They all bailed on us the last 2 days before the event except the hot dogs. The new location selection will be for 3 reasons. 1. Large parking lot. 2. Wifi/3g/4g 3. Food trucks
Old 04-23-2013, 09:14 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Heedz
That's only if someone is willing to donate their time to this.
I think it could be a solid way to make a little money for someone that might want to do this as part of their career choice.

Maybe there is a sign up sheet. You get your time slot. Who knows... maybe we can drum up some models or something. The photographer does the shots and can sell you either digital files or prints online. It's been done at shows before. I'll talk to Matt about it and see if he's got ideas. And I'll talk to my cousin. Seems like folks that do that are showing up at drift events all the time. He might know someone.

But I don't want to be offending wife's and significant others. I am huge on the family friendly event so maybe the model idea was a bad one. LOL!
Old 04-23-2013, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I think it could be a solid way to make a little money for someone that might want to do this as part of their career choice.

Maybe there is a sign up sheet. You get your time slot. Who knows... maybe we can drum up some models or something. The photographer does the shots and can sell you either digital files or prints online. It's been done at shows before. I'll talk to Matt about it and see if he's got ideas. And I'll talk to my cousin. Seems like folks that do that are showing up at drift events all the time. He might know someone.

But I don't want to be offending wife's and significant others. I am huge on the family friendly event so maybe the model idea was a bad one. LOL!
Yea I figured it would be a double benefit people have something to do and raise some funds I know some people into taking photos as a career ill see what I can do on my end
Old 04-23-2013, 10:10 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Someone said models?

Old 04-23-2013, 10:11 AM

Do like half towards charity half for the photographer?

Quick Reply: Input please. The big 3 west coast events.