Input please. The big 3 west coast events.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 11:06 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

I'd like to see a few non traditional vendors set up this year. Artists. Snowboard. MTB. Maybe a helmet vendor. Something that folks don't get to see every day.
You know that's something that's been on the down low, Damien definitely came through with stuff last year too. That's definitely a venue to look at, you see a lot of sponsors that have been coming along with the Ken Block era so.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:28 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
My suspension broke at Stafford. Two struts, on that road that gets down to where the show cars were parked. Just too bumpy!

In my crazy research of sites that are future friendly, I got a place in mind.

Besides, with Ray and I teaming up for BAM this year, we are pretty ****ing determined to do it right.

and you WILL love it.
oh SNAP!
Old 04-18-2013, 11:58 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
I ate at the Jimmy's Dawg House cart yesterday. He is super excited to come back this year. He drove all night from LA to be at BAM last year and barely made it to the store to buy the product to serve.

He talks about BAM every time I see him saying how much fun he had and how much he wants to come back.

We're on the corner of Harbor and Industrial Blvd. in Belmont Monday-Friday 10am-3pm.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by queeg9k
I ate at the Jimmy's Dawg House cart yesterday. He is super excited to come back this year. He drove all night from LA to be at BAM last year and barely made it to the store to buy the product to serve.

He talks about BAM every time I see him saying how much fun he had and how much he wants to come back.

We're on the corner of Harbor and Industrial Blvd. in Belmont Monday-Friday 10am-3pm.
Yea, he was really cool and it was so helpful for him to come out. Can't wait to get one of his bacon wrapped hot dogs.

If we could get some posters printed and maybe cards, we could maybe get some of the dealerships to allow us to advertise it. Might allow us to reach some other people who don't come on here due to the drama or feel they are too old for message board sites but would be willing to see other Subaru's and help out a charity.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:09 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
Yea, he was really cool and it was so helpful for him to come out. Can't wait to get one of his bacon wrapped hot dogs.

If we could get some posters printed and maybe cards, we could maybe get some of the dealerships to allow us to advertise it. Might allow us to reach some other people who don't come on here due to the drama or feel they are too old for message board sites but would be willing to see other Subaru's and help out a charity.
Not a bad idea. I can talk to vendors or see if I can just do them here and throw my work logo on the pieces. We'll have to see if it's in the budget for sure.

At least enough to put on in each vendor shop and each dealership.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:11 PM
VIP Member

Not a bad idea. I can talk to vendors or see if I can just do them here and throw my work logo on the pieces. We'll have to see if it's in the budget for sure.

Yea, if anything, just the poster. Can even just use your email address or something for people to contact if they want to attend if they don't want to come here and create a screen name.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:19 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax

and if we can get a list of vendors that are locked in on the fliers it's definitely good advertisement for them too.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:44 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Heedz
and if we can get a list of vendors that are locked in on the fliers it's definitely good advertisement for them too.
Werd.

And I just realized who I missed on my list of folks... Walker. Clean up crew guru. Did a ripping job last year until he passed out. LOL!
Old 04-18-2013, 07:51 PM

Car Info: 07 UGM FXT

Werd.

And I just realized who I missed on my list of folks... Walker. Clean up crew guru. Did a ripping job last year until he passed out. LOL!
Lemme know if you want my company to show up. My boss gets a stiffy for charity events.. I don't really want to work it, so I am wary on bringing it up. I'll suggest that some coworkers run it.

You have my #, or you don't. Not sure. Haha.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:14 PM
VIP Member

Yea getting some mountain bike company and snowboard or even like any mountain or rei out there. How many people on this site are active and do something like this.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:16 PM

Car Info: 07 UGM FXT
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
Yea getting some mountain bike company and snowboard or even like any mountain or rei out there. How many people on this site are active and do something like this.
I work for a company in the industry. We make helmets and gear for every sport you just listed and more.

I am very physically active myself.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:54 PM
General Pimpin'

Yes I do dev.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:55 PM

Car Info: 2010 WRX SWP Hatch
Last year was my first BAM and it was a great experience. I've got a few notes.

1. I had a great time seeing all the cars and meeting random peoples around.
2. The atmosphere was chill and everyone was friendly.
3. There were a good amount of booths out to check out fancy cars and new products.
4. I enjoyed the BBQ style as it had a great community feel, but of course more options would be nice. I understand it was a bit tough to get up there for other food trucks and things. The Hot Dog guy was awesome. He was telling us it was a breeze for him to drive up as he raced cars before haha
5. The raffle was sweet. I didn't win anything but I was pretty surprised to see how much stuff was given away. Thanks to all the sponsors and donations for all the good stuff.
6. Driving up Mt. Hammy was fun. I've never been around that way before, but no cell service was a bit tough and the the split parking made it difficult to see all the attendees cars. I wasn't at Alameda but I saw the photos from the event and I liked how it was real open. I'm sure its a bit safer too.
7. I like brendans idea of a swap meet type ordeal if we have a centralized parking lot. People can trade items or buy and sell old gear outta their trunks.
8. Getting more outside vendors from action sports, hiking, climbing, winter sports, would be cool. There's a bunch of mom and pop shops in the bay area that I'm sure may be interested in coming out as or donating items for the raffle.

I've never been to Subiefest or SSS. Don't know if I have time for them this year, but Subiefest looks like fun with the skidpad and track.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:00 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Hatchie
Ray, you know I'm down for BAM and if/when you need help let me know.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
been to 8 BAMS only missed 2 because of schedule issues

all in all ive loved all of them but mostly because i am able to show up expecting very little and being pleasantly surprised (my trick to life)

the thing i look forward to the most is the drive with fellow Subies. Nothing beats a nice drive down the streets and hwys while being totally surrounded by the sights and sounds of Subaru's all around.

as for other events ive attended none of them. Reasons: Too far & schedule.

Quick Reply: Input please. The big 3 west coast events.