Inglourious Basterds

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 01:10 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by stylin525
I didn;t like it.... I need more violence... more action.... less dialogue.... more sexy women... and more sexy women doing sexy things like sexytime......
Would you have liked the movie more if Tila was in it?

Old 09-09-2009, 01:24 PM

Car Info: nothing
i downloaded this movie.. and it was stupid. i'm glad i didnt pay to see it.

and of course Tarantino is obsessed with feet so there has to be a foot scene in the dumb movie.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
great movie. i love his style of movies
Old 09-09-2009, 01:28 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by LGT Mark
I give it 6.8/10, compared to 9.5/10 for District 9.
Originally Posted by subaruwrx
District 9 - 8.0 from me
Basterds - 9.0 from me. Rivals Pulp Fiction for his best work.
Temporary thread jack:

Can someone please explain the appeal of District 9? I was intrigued by the previews, but after seeing it, I couldn't get into the story or any of the characters. I tried to enjoy anything at all about that movie but ended up trying not to walk out of the theater through the last half of the movie.

I gave it a 4.

For the record: I thought the Peter Jackson's LOTR trilogy was meh, but not unwatchable, however his King Kong was utter crap.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:32 PM

Car Info: SGM 135i
^ iono what you talking about. LOTR and king kong were bomb. I found District 9 to be unrealistic even though that's what they were trying to go for. The development of the characters was great, it really got you enthralled in the plot (at least for me). I think the second half of the movie was the best part, with all the action. Oh well, everyone's got different taste.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:40 PM

^^^

I hated everything about the main character. He was an ******* from the beginning of the movie so I didn't feel any empathy for him during the "transformation". I did feel bad for the fawkin prownz because I was beat over the head with the metaphor of bad corporations abusing the disenfranchised. Ultimately I was glad the main character got what he deserved although I really didn't care what happened to the prownz by then.

/thread jack
Old 09-09-2009, 01:43 PM

Car Info: old awd turbo thangy
Bastards was epic imo. The most enjoyable film I have seen this year without a doubt. Only thing close was hangover.. District 9 on the other hand was epic garbage. By far the worst film I have seen in a long time. Gamer was decent, liked it more then GI joe, but nothing real special.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
^^^

I hated everything about the main character. He was an ******* from the beginning of the movie so I didn't feel any empathy for him during the "transformation". I did feel bad for the fawkin prownz because I was beat over the head with the metaphor of bad corporations abusing the disenfranchised. Ultimately I was glad the main character got what he deserved although I really didn't care what happened to the prownz by then.

/thread jack
Ehh... District 9 is an allegory for apartheid.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by saqwarrior
That's really all I could think of throughout the entire movie. It overshadowed every other aspect of the film. It even took place in the same region which sucked because they actually could have went somewhere with the whole bio-mech weapons thing.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:54 PM

Car Info: ugly piece of ****
Thats the obvious interpretation, since it is set in J-burg, but I think it is more of an exploration in upper and lower/middle class everywhere. Everything fits with an economic overtones, and how the upperclass abuse the poor because they can and nobody cares. Even how business is business and they turn on their own when they get the chance.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:59 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
I thought Brad Pitt did a great job. Mike Myers too.
oh man, i couldnt take mike myers seriously, i just started laughin to myself when i saw his face on the screen. hahaha
Old 09-09-2009, 02:10 PM

Thats the obvious interpretation, since it is set in J-burg, but I think it is more of an exploration in upper and lower/middle class everywhere. Everything fits with an economic overtones, and how the upperclass abuse the poor because they can and nobody cares. Even how business is business and they turn on their own when they get the chance.
The story, adapted from Alive in Joburg, a 2005 short film directed by Neill Blomkamp and produced by Sharlto Copley, deals with the issues of xenophobia and social segregation. The title and premise of District 9 were inspired by historical events that took place in South Africa during the apartheid in a residential area of Cape Town named District Six.
That was, of course, one of the reasons they shot it where they did -- all the shantytown shots are actual shantytowns in South Africa.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Da Brit.

Car Info: http://tinyurl.com/3vo4362
Originally Posted by crfsti
Ditto! His movies are always badass!
loved it. It was a very suspensful story. The streteched dialog was needed to paint the complete picture.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:43 PM

Car Info: ugly piece of ****
That was, of course, one of the reasons they shot it where they did -- all the shantytown shots are actual shantytowns in South Africa.
And most of the shooting was done in the winter, to give it that extra gloomy look.

I think the obvious allegory dissuades people from taking a broader overview of the picture. It can be more than one thing at once.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:04 PM

meh

Would you have liked the movie more if Tila was in it?

meh Tila sucks. lol.....

Quick Reply: Inglourious Basterds