Infineon 4/29 & 4/30

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 02:34 PM

Car Info: BMW X5M. No more twinscroll LGT
....then you'll need to get a job w/ head on photos (the photo vendor that is allowed on track)

Originally Posted by JZ oo7
i'm talking about the fence cutouts and trackside behind barriers.

that's how close i wanna be
Old 04-28-2006, 02:36 PM

Car Info: '09 MX-5, '09 IS-F
Should be some nice cars out there. I checked out the list and saw F430, 360 Challenge, GT3 Cups, Vipers, Vettes, STis, etc. It's going to be packed.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by atc5
....then you'll need to get a job w/ head on photos (the photo vendor that is allowed on track)
Great guys by the way, known them for years. Nice shot as well! Couldn't hurt to ask. Their trailer is easy to spot if you don't know about them already.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:10 PM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
i see, maybe i'll ask them for a job. LOL.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:37 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by JZ oo7
i see, maybe i'll ask them for a job. LOL.
Did you make it? I heard over the radio something about an 'unknown photographer' that needed to be removed by security. Haha.. I saw Steve from Head-On out there all day, and I think I accidentally got in his way a couple times. Oooops...

No one came down to ask about working with Safety/Tow either. The chief was pretty stoked that other people might want to help out too, so if you're interested - look for red trucks and yellow suits. Ask for Andy. He's a nice guy, and really cool to work with.

Everyone looked good out there, I didn't see anyone in Suby's doing anything stupid at all, and zero Suby related calls. There were several people in other cars doing stupid things though... FYI - don't burn out in the hot pits, do a u-turn and then speed back against traffic entering the raceway!! Don't haul **** on a double yellow and almost run down the safety crew chief as you swerve to miss the cars that are actually slowing... Don't miss the checkered 3x and remain on the track during an actual race!!! Wow... The things people do... Overall though Saturday was really quiet. We had a car fire and a couple pull tows, but otherwise it was chill enough for the chief to polish the truck during the race groups.

The black LIC GM6 looked awesome as usual. That car is just plain NICE. I was the fool in the safety truck hangin out the windows giving you guys thumbs-up. I also walked over to check out the car as well as the other sweet Subys at your site. Couldn't find Prima racing otherwise I would have said hi.

I said hi to a couple people in WRXs in different places and gave thumbs up and stuff, but just got blank stares as usual. For some reason, even when I have been there with my WRX or RS, I can't ever seem to strike up a conversation with anyone with a Suby. Not sure what the deal is, but its odd.

Anyone catch the fully prepped F-430 out there? It was doing laps almost as fast as that blue and yellow VW Rabbit.
Attached Thumbnails Infineon 4/29 & 4/30-f430.jpg  

Last edited by wombatsauce; 04-30-2006 at 12:40 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:18 AM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Cost is $10 per person to get in, regardless of NASA membership. Just the way Infineon does things...
hmmm my friend and i got in free...we were just spectators though. We just signed the clipboard the guard gave us and went in
Old 05-01-2006, 07:39 AM

Car Info: BMW X5M. No more twinscroll LGT
No one came down to ask about working with Safety/Tow either. The chief was pretty stoked that other people might want to help out too, so if you're interested - look for red trucks and yellow suits. Ask for Andy. He's a nice guy, and really cool to work with.

Yea, I heard it was packed there too so good news that calls were low. At the next event, I'll definitely stop by and get registered for safety...It would be great to be out there working to support the event and learning stuff.

Picked up the mazdaspeed 6 on saturday, so I finally have a car that will make it to the track, and likely home. big thumbs up on that!
Old 05-01-2006, 08:52 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by maddhatteroo7
hmmm my friend and i got in free...we were just spectators though. We just signed the clipboard the guard gave us and went in
Bonus! That's not supposed to happen. Was it later in the day? I had to pay, and I was working.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:14 AM

Car Info: 2000 Tacoma Pre-Runner 4 Cyl.
Bonus! That's not supposed to happen. Was it later in the day? I had to pay, and I was working.

Lol, I get my money back from my boss. Next track day at T Hill we shouldmeet up at the BBQ, I'll be there.

-Gio
Old 05-01-2006, 10:23 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by East Bay STI
Lol, I get my money back from my boss. Next track day at T Hill we shouldmeet up at the BBQ, I'll be there.

-Gio
Nice! I am not too bothered by it tho.. The $5 to get back across the GG is more irritating.

I am not going to make it to that event unfortunately. My fav track...
Old 05-01-2006, 12:38 PM

Did you make it? I heard over the radio something about an 'unknown photographer' that needed to be removed by security. Haha.. I saw Steve from Head-On out there all day, and I think I accidentally got in his way a couple times. Oooops...
nope, didn't make it. was out late on sat. night. when i'm out on the track, i'm usually pretty careful on not being at places i shouldn't be. when the track is hot, it's one dangerous place.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:58 PM

Car Info: '09 MX-5, '09 IS-F
Yeah, that was a F430 Challenge. It was cool, but the exhaust was so quiet. Those honda were SUPER loud in comparison. The black home made kit-car thing was pretty fast too.

I had a fun day on Saturday as well.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:45 AM

Car Info: 2003 Impreza 2.5RS
My wife came out for a ride. Here is us in turn 3.
Attached Thumbnails Infineon 4/29 & 4/30-kg4r0023_web.jpg  
Old 05-10-2006, 09:38 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by motorider888
My wife came out for a ride. Here is us in turn 3.
Nice!!!! Great pic too. I also want to point out how awesome it is of you to have your tow hook installed. Seriously, good going. If everyone would do that (or even know where their tow points or hooks are) things would be a lot faster for Safety and Tow.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:52 AM

Nice!!!! Great pic too. I also want to point out how awesome it is of you to have your tow hook installed. Seriously, good going. If everyone would do that (or even know where their tow points or hooks are) things would be a lot faster for Safety and Tow.
get a bunch of yellow or green arrows made, and sell them at track day. i'm pretty sure people would buy them. or just slap them on the cars when the owners aren't looking LOL!!!

Quick Reply: Infineon 4/29 & 4/30