Infineon 4/29 & 4/30

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 08:59 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by East Bay STI
I will be crewing this coming weekend. We will be having 2 or 3 cars running these weekend not sure though. The cars I work on are the #88 Civic Si EM1, and #69 Civic Si EG9, look for us the guys with White and Blue Shirts that say Prima Racing. 2005 Nor Cal Champs in Honda Challenge #88 car and runner up #69 car as well Looking to hopefully repeat lasts years Championship, and at leat top 5 for car #69. I will more then likely not have my STi this weekend gas is too much, even though I am only traveling from Hayward area

-Gio
I'll stop by and say hi. BBQ should be cool, hopefully the carb rebuild worked on the daquiri whacker so we can have some margaritas in the evening. Haa...
Old 04-26-2006, 12:46 PM

Car Info: '09 MX-5, '09 IS-F
Yeah, I'm going to take the STI so I can test the effects of the Cusco sway bars. I hope they helped kill some of the understeer.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:03 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by WillisW555
Yeah, I'm going to take the STI so I can test the effects of the Cusco sway bars. I hope they helped kill some of the understeer.
My car still isn't track-worthy. I CANNOT WAIT till I can get back on the track... Finally getting work done in it and getting my suspension installed (no time to do it myself dammit) but then I have to wait for the springs to settle and sort out any rear camber issues after the drop. I am also worried because my 225/50-16 S0-3's were rubbing, so there will have to be some compromises with rear camber, strut and fender clearance for a little while..

I went to extremes with mine, I have a WRX rear sway (20mm - my car is an '01 RS coupe) with Whiteline endlinks and I have removed my front sway. I will leave it like this for a little while with the AGXs and P1's but I am sure I will end up putting it back on. I want to see how the car handles with the new struts/springs, ALK and no front sway... So far it's been damn fun on my worn out stock suspension...
Old 04-26-2006, 01:47 PM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
i signed up but then had to drop out for various reasons i was really looking forward to it too
Old 04-26-2006, 01:50 PM
VIP Member

Forgot to mention, monitor your tire pressures like crazy. Some of my biggest problems with my WRX sedan I had were all because of incorrect tire pressures.. Same deal on my previous track car. A good friend spent the day at T-Hill coaching me on it and my driving has been much more fun. Just food for thought.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:36 PM

Car Info: '09 MX-5, '09 IS-F
Yeah, I usually start the day out a little higher and drop pressure as the day get warmer. I should have written down my previous pressures, but I don't know if they even matter since I've modded the suspension.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:59 PM
VIP Member

Yeah, I usually start the day out a little higher and drop pressure as the day get warmer. I should have written down my previous pressures, but I don't know if they even matter since I've modded the suspension.
Well writing them down won't really help as even the slightest suspension adjustments will totally change the needs. Just pay close attention to your tires every time you come off track. My '03 WRX on stock struts, Eibachs, 17" P1's and 225/45-17s ate my rear tires alive. Front were no deal but the rears would really take a toll. So, when the rubber was balling up on my RR, I would up the pressure - pretty soon I got the car to the point where it felt pretty neutral. This car was weird, the only issues I ever had on track were oversteering problems. Except for the Eibachs and rear camber bolts, the suspension was bone stock. My RS on the other hand felt like it needed suspension attention the first time out (Laguna). I got a WRX rear sway but still the body roll is atrocious and I have already understeered into a curb. Seriously looking forward to the new springs/struts.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05' Evo 8
damn, i cannot believe i am missing this... would have been fun to take the evo out, auto-x is getting boring really fast. Well if anyone wants pics i'll be out there with my camera and hopefully picking up my telephoto lens from a buddy...
Old 04-26-2006, 09:43 PM

Car Info: 2000 Tacoma Pre-Runner 4 Cyl.
Good news I got a tent today, and I will be camping out there on Saturday night, so my STi will be there, too bad somebody keyed my trunk a couple days ago. As for the margaritas, they are always great, especially when you don't have to drive anywhere, just walk back to your campsite, etc., lol Can't wait for this weekend to happen already. I will be bringing a few bottles of Higher Octane fun, so anyone that will be there throughout the night can enjoy themselves, as long as no one is driving afterwaeds. I do not encourage DWI's at all See you guys there.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:51 PM

Car Info: 2000 Tacoma Pre-Runner 4 Cyl.
Tomorrow is Friday, which means one day closer for this Saturday's race, and track day!!!!
Old 04-28-2006, 12:13 AM

Car Info: 2008 Forester XT 5spd
Originally Posted by qwk_wrx
damn, i cannot believe i am missing this... would have been fun to take the evo out, auto-x is getting boring really fast. Well if anyone wants pics i'll be out there with my camera and hopefully picking up my telephoto lens from a buddy...

Yo Rocky

I'll be out there on Sat. w/ a buddy to spectate. Maybe I'll see you there.

~gus
Old 04-28-2006, 11:31 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRB STi, 92 VW Jetta
I was lame and didn't sign up in time before the groups filled up. However I'm going to show up and try and "late register" to get into group 2, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:39 AM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
how strict is NASA with having photographers track side? do they even allow it? who should i contact to get access if that is needed?
Old 04-28-2006, 11:41 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by JZ oo7
how strict is NASA with having photographers track side? do they even allow it? who should i contact to get access if that is needed?
Bring a good telefoto.. You can basically go anywhere that any spectator can, and definitely not in the hotpits. If you have a good telefoto and a tripod, you should be able to get some great shots as well as some really good excersize.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:51 AM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Bring a good telefoto.. You can basically go anywhere that any spectator can, and definitely not in the hotpits. If you have a good telefoto and a tripod, you should be able to get some great shots as well as some really good excersize.
i'm talking about the fence cutouts and trackside behind barriers.

that's how close i wanna be

Quick Reply: Infineon 4/29 & 4/30