If you could paint your car ANY COLOR, regardless of cost, what would you choose?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 12:15 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Thumbs up If you could paint your car ANY COLOR, regardless of cost, what would you choose?

If someone came up to you and offered to paint your car in any color that you desired, all for free, what color would you choose? Keep in mind that this has to be your daily driver and something you drive every day, and with that in mind, what color would you choose to paint your car? Please post pics of the said color, and what model/make you currently drive as a DD (car that you would paint).

I'm swaying towards Audi's weird pastel/flat gray that the TT came in back in 1999-2000 (or sometime around then). It was like a really nice plain gray, just like as if you were to paint your house gray, it's not metallic and doesn't look like any other car paint that you would see. I've only seen a couple of these TT's and I fell in love with the color. It was very unique and really rare... I think my Subie (MY 07 STi with gold wheels) would look amazing (as would any of your cars) in this color. (Gray + gold = SEX)

It's called "Aviator Grey" and was used in very small quantities, which is a shame because it's such an amazing color. I'd love to paint my Subaru in this shade, and maybe some day I will. My car is already gray, so it wouldn't be too difficult to swap. I think this is by far the best color for any car out there. I also like other unique colors, like military flat green (flate olive), and colors like that (flat colors that you don't normally see).

If you could choose anything from metallic chrome (chrome car) to forest green, what color would you choose? Again, please post a pic and state the model/year of your car.

Here's the audi Aviator Grey:

(Pardon the HORRRRRRIBLE wheels)

The color is really cool and it appears to change shades depending on the light that is cast onto the car. Sometimes the color appears as gray, other times it appears almost as a pastel gray+blue. On a rainy day, it appears darker, and more gray, and on sunny days it appears to have a very slight hint of blue added to the spectrum.

Lets see your pics and choices!

BTW, in your honest opinion, what do you think of this color? I created this thread for a reason and I'm looking for colors for a possible future paint job (wont happen for a long time!), but I'm leaning towards this color and would like your honest opinions of the color. Keep in mind that it would be a pig nose STi with gold wheels.

Last edited by brucelee; 01-18-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:17 PM

Car Info: Wing
That is a nice color.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:20 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
i want to paint my car green like this guys car...hes on nasioc under 'earlqhan'

i currently have a psm wrx sedan, wingless badgless
Old 01-18-2010, 12:20 PM

Car Info: Eq TuNeD vF43 bUgEyE
Lexus Glacier Frost Mica, seen on the IS250/350. I'm planning on doing this this summer. I'd post a pic, but at different angles the color looks different.

Last edited by phoryu2nv; 01-18-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by slugrx
i want to paint my car green like this guys car...hes on nasioc under 'earlqhan'

i currently have a psm wrx sedan, wingless badgless
That reminds me of the Bentley Le Mans race car:

I had the prevlege of seeing this car in person and it was BY FAR the most amazing car (in terms of how it looked) that I had ever seen. Just as you would imagine a bentley race car looking... They spared no expense and no detail was left out. It was REALLY, REALLLLLY small though... No way in hell I could fit in there, hell, I dont even think my legs could fit in there. I'd def be claustrophobic if I got into that cabin)

Last edited by brucelee; 01-18-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
The GH that's sitting out at GST will be painted this color

Porsche Chiffon White

Old 01-18-2010, 12:27 PM

Car Info: wrx wagon/2.5rs
I could have got any color, when i got my car painted. I went with pure white!! But i was debating over forest green and that audi flat grey color to..
Old 01-18-2010, 12:27 PM

Car Info: 07 Shaguar
black with real gold flakes.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:29 PM

Car Info: Hybwid Bugeye on corn juice :)
i want a flat black look
Old 01-18-2010, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by ipozestu
The GH that's sitting out at GST will be painted this color

Porsche Chiffon White

I love the porsche and all, but I'm not feeling that color... I don't mean any offense, just my opinion... It just reminds me of the color that old people would choose for their caddys. (I guess it's probably because my parents elderly neighbors have a caddy that is painted in that color, erm, color that resembles that one... A pearly almond color.).

Actually, the more I think about a subie with nice wheels (especially black) in that color the more I like it... I just can't get the image of the almond caddy out of my head, but I think you could pull it off. I think the wheels will play a MAJOR roll in how the car looks. I think black wheels would go REALLY well with that color.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by air0n'03
i want a flat black look
The thing with flat black is that it only looks good on REALLY new cars, like that BMW for example. You can tell that it was meant to be painted that way and looks really high quality... But when you imagine a car from the 70's in that color, it will always look like the primer you use before painting the car it's final color. Make sense?
Old 01-18-2010, 12:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Originally Posted by brucelee
I love the porsche and all, but I'm not feeling that color... I don't mean any offense, just my opinion... It just reminds me of the color that old people would choose for their caddys. (I guess it's probably because my parents elderly neighbors have a caddy that is painted in that color, erm, color that resembles that one... A pearly almond color.).

Actually, the more I think about a subie with nice wheels (especially black) in that color the more I like it... I just can't get the image of the almond caddy out of my head, but I think you could pull it off. I think the wheels will play a MAJOR roll in how the car looks. I think black wheels would go REALLY well with that color.
Black will be the major trim/vinyl color, I'm going to squeeze an electric green pin stripe in there too.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:55 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Steel Grey Mica
Old 01-18-2010, 01:09 PM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
flat/matt alpine white...mmmm yesss
Old 01-18-2010, 01:14 PM

Car Info: 2008 Subaru STI
Originally Posted by air0n'03
i want a flat black look
nice!

Quick Reply: If you could paint your car ANY COLOR, regardless of cost, what would you choose?