As if I needed another reason NOT to eat at KFC (PIC)

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 09:27 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Wagon (RIP)
A lot of businesses will post this warning just in case, so that they aren't in violation of prop 65.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Califor...#Warning_label

The following warning label must appear on products sold in California if they contain chemicals on the Proposition 65 list of hazardous substances.

WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.

The wording can be changed as necessary, so long as it communicates that the chemical in question is known to the state to cause cancer, or birth defects or other reproductive harm. Common variations include "This area contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, or birth defects or other reproductive harm" or "Chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, or birth defects or other reproductive harm may be present in food or beverages sold or served here."[4]

Some businesses in the state post similar notices on their premises, even when they are unaware of any listed chemicals being present.[5] Warning signs are often posted at gas stations,[6] hardware suppliers,[7] grocery stores, drug stores, medical facilities, and many other businesses.[8][9] Government agencies,[10] parking garages, hotels,[9] apartment complexes,[11] retail stores,[12] banks, and restaurants[13] also post warning signs because of the possibility of hazardous chemicals being present in everyday items or the nearby environment. Some large businesses, such as utility companies, mail a Prop 65 notice to all customers each year to warn them of dangerous substances like natural gas[14] or the sand used in sandblasting.[15][dead link]

There is no penalty for posting an unnecessary warning sign.[16] Because of the overuse of the vague warning, the ubiquitous signs ultimately communicate very little information to the end user.[6][17] This problem has been recognized by California courts,[18][19] advocates,[6][20] and businesses.[9]
Old 10-18-2010, 10:11 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by xdeathwishx
Thing is, even if you cook it at home, chances are the same **** is going to be in there. I bet half that **** is from the sauces and oils they're using, which wouldn't change unless you make the sauce yourself or shop at one of those hippy organic stores.

Pretty much everything "has been linked to" cancer.
Chances are if you're shopping at hippy organic food stores, you're not planning on making deep fried chicken later.

When plain old fruits, veggies, whole grains, and organic (grass fed, free range, hippy animals) meats are linked to cancer, then I'll be scared. Processed food is still the debil and yet I shamefully eat out for lunch each week
Old 10-18-2010, 10:11 PM

Car Info: N/A
I've seen that a while back when they first released their grilled menu. LOL
Old 10-19-2010, 01:42 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX wagon
If you eat fast food at all, then you should not be concerned about food quality period.

In fact if you find your food for the lowest price possible, you should not care about food warnings.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:33 PM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
I kill my own chickens!!!lol
Old 10-20-2010, 02:17 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRB WRX
I have a valid reason for not eating KFC....

...I like Popeye's better ::thumbs up::