I went out this morning car-less, came back with a new car! :-D

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 09:16 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
also like everyone said why does it not say sti on the tmic.....something funny about this
Old 11-07-2008, 09:26 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Is this a joke? Buying a used STi with WRX intercooler from a dealership? Sounds shady - I wouldn't touch that thing with a 10 foot pole.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:42 PM

Car Info: Fast
Originally Posted by subie OCD
Is this a joke? Buying a used STi with WRX intercooler from a dealership? Sounds shady - I wouldn't touch that thing with a 10 foot pole.
Seriously? I know it has been mentioned already, but the pics are of different cars. The engine bay is on a blue car...

Besides, that top mount appears to be the same size as an STI top mount.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by aboothman
Seriously? I know it has been mentioned already, but the pics are of different cars. The engine bay is on a blue car...

notice he said his looks just LIKE the one pictured.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:05 PM

Here is the Craigslist AD, Like I stated before in this thread, This Dealership does alot of shady business with cars!!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ctd/901209765.html
Old 11-07-2008, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by aboothman

It sounds really fishy to me. The 07's are widely known to be finicky with the stock ECU tune and their reaction to small mods - so buying a used 07 with 'unknown' intercooler and exhaust just sounds like a bad idea.

But who knows, maybe BruceLee knows more about the car and didnt post all the details. It could have a good tune or something??
Old 11-07-2008, 10:37 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by hYpE-R-29
Here is the Craigslist AD, Like I stated before in this thread, This Dealership does alot of shady business with cars!!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ctd/901209765.html
Thats the same car BruceLee bought?

Man, get that thing checked out, something isn't right. Aftermarket catback, WRX intercooler....I really hope you didn't get something you didn't bargain for.

That leakdown/compression test should be MANDATORY on your list now, as well as the total once over by a competent mechanic. I'd also demand the correct intercooler be placed on the car, that is NOT OE STi equipment.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:46 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I ran a carfax report and the car is clean. It was taken by the bank from an owner that couldn't pay for it.

I inspected the car all to hell and everything is perfectly in order and looks brand new except for the I/C which is no big deal. I'm thinking that he swapped it right before the bank took it away since they'd never notice. There's no evidence of aftermarket anything and the car runs like a champ.

Things I need to do very soon:

1. Get an STi I/C

2. Get a tune from GST motorsports

3. Be happy

So yeah, car has a clean title and you can tell its never been in an accident, I inspected the hell out of it. An intercooler is not big deal, the 08 I/C it has right now works fine for the time being (until I get a real STi one). For the price I paid for a car with such low miles, I'll deal with the I/C issue.

The car would have been around $31k out the door, but I am good at haggling which is why I got such a good deal. Keep in mind that the car is maxed out in options and has everything you can have from the factory. Interior looks brand new and the car still smells like new car. The car was produced at the end of 2007 so its still a baby.

So yeah, for $25,600 for an STi with 11k miles thats fully loaded with brand new tires and an almost perfect body, I think I can deal with buying a $300 intercooler. Keep in mind that STi's are friggin bullet proof and I can promise that I drive harder then the previous owner ever did.

Man, I'm so damn happy and excited! You have no idea how long I've been wanting a real STi... Since 1998!!! I strayed away from my Subaru roots for a little while there because I was bitter from my old cars, but after driving the STi back to back with an EVO, I had to go with the STi... It's not only a great car, but its a familiar car to me and it comes with a great community of people.

Thanks everyone for making i-club into what it is.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:31 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Listen up, you worthless piece of offal.
Are you trying to defame my business again?

I asked a question..a simple question, and you threaten me with going to Teh Intarwebs!?!
Oh noes!! Ahhhhh!!!!

Do you work for SOA?
Do you work on Subarus?
Probably not.

I do more work in one week than you'll do in your lifetime.
You really think that by sitting your *** in front of a computer and reading Teh Intarwebs makes you an expert?
im kinda old shcool

this internet tuner / mechanic thing is pretty new to me

reading about something and actually doing something is like
looking at **** of hot girls and actually going out and banging them
big difference
Old 11-07-2008, 11:59 PM

Car Info: 2015 Ford F-150 XLT FX4 Sports Package,SOLD-05 STi
Passed by that car dealer on San Carlos St. the other day and saw that car up front and said to myself thats a clean STi. Congrats for it being sold to a fellow i-club member.

Last edited by XxSti05xX; 11-08-2008 at 12:02 AM.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:06 AM

Car Info: Fast
Unless there is something magical about the STI topmount when compared to the one you showed, I would not really worry about it. Save the money for an AP and a tune.

And most important, enjoy the car!!
Old 11-08-2008, 10:59 AM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
Originally Posted by brucelee
I ran a carfax report and the car is clean. It was taken by the bank from an owner that couldn't pay for it.

I inspected the car all to hell and everything is perfectly in order and looks brand new except for the I/C which is no big deal. I'm thinking that he swapped it right before the bank took it away since they'd never notice. There's no evidence of aftermarket anything and the car runs like a champ.

Things I need to do very soon:

1. Get an STi I/C

2. Get a tune from GST motorsports

3. Be happy

So yeah, car has a clean title and you can tell its never been in an accident, I inspected the hell out of it. An intercooler is not big deal, the 08 I/C it has right now works fine for the time being (until I get a real STi one). For the price I paid for a car with such low miles, I'll deal with the I/C issue.

The car would have been around $31k out the door, but I am good at haggling which is why I got such a good deal. Keep in mind that the car is maxed out in options and has everything you can have from the factory. Interior looks brand new and the car still smells like new car. The car was produced at the end of 2007 so its still a baby.

So yeah, for $25,600 for an STi with 11k miles thats fully loaded with brand new tires and an almost perfect body, I think I can deal with buying a $300 intercooler. Keep in mind that STi's are friggin bullet proof and I can promise that I drive harder then the previous owner ever did.

Man, I'm so damn happy and excited! You have no idea how long I've been wanting a real STi... Since 1998!!! I strayed away from my Subaru roots for a little while there because I was bitter from my old cars, but after driving the STi back to back with an EVO, I had to go with the STi... It's not only a great car, but its a familiar car to me and it comes with a great community of people.

Thanks everyone for making i-club into what it is.
you got the deal for 25,600 OTD or plus tax.

and also car fax really don't work that well. i personally know 2 cars been in the accident before and the car fax on there was not just clean but say carfax recommended. first owner and low miles. carfax don't always show.

but if you got the sti for 25,600 otd then is a very good deal.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:07 AM

Car Info: 2008 Forester XT 5spd
Congrats Man! Low mileage , some quick fixes as you mentioned earlier, a great price, and your on your way! And even if you did find other things wrong, there are a few awesome mechanics (you already know them) in the area that will take good care of you!
Old 11-08-2008, 11:17 AM

Car Info: 07 WRX stage 2/ 05 Yamaha R6
congrats man...glad to see u stayed with us....awesome lookin car..makes me want to trade in my 07 wrx for an sti when you mentioned it felt like two different cars..i still have yet to drive an sti
Old 11-08-2008, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by TSNWrX07
... you mentioned it felt like two different cars..i still have yet to drive an sti
Totally different animal. I came from a bugeye wagon - much different.

Quick Reply: I went out this morning car-less, came back with a new car! :-D