I want a tattoo of an AK-47 on my forearm, where to go?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 10:17 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by STiForFun
bi-polar disorder > "brucelee"
Uh, I'm not bi-polar, just want to cover up some scars I have on my forearm from the compound fracture that I had a year ago. The scars are nasty, 3 all together. Two from the surgery and 2 large holes where the bones came out of my arm. I hate looking at it and I love guns (always have) so why not? Just cuz you're a ***** and can't handle the sight of a gun without ****ting your pants doesn't mean everyone else is like you. If you don't have anything nice to say, then SHUT THE F' UP before my forearm shoots you.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:22 PM

Car Info: 07 STI Built/Widebody/E85/Rotated GTX3576 13 Fozz
Originally Posted by brucelee
The scars are nasty, 3 all together. Two from the surgery and 2 large holes where the bones came out of my arm. I hate looking at it and I love guns (always have) so why not?
As a few of us have said earlier in the thread, scars are notoriously hard to tattoo, and most places won't if the scar is bad enough. Based on the above info I would say they may not be able to cover those.

I don't want to stop you from trying, just don't be surprised if it doesn't work out.

Best of luck with it though.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by apetron
As a few of us have said earlier in the thread, scars are notoriously hard to tattoo, and most places won't if the scar is bad enough. Based on the above info I would say they may not be able to cover those.

I don't want to stop you from trying, just don't be surprised if it doesn't work out.

Best of luck with it though.
If they can't go over the scar, I'd do it right next to it, that way it attracts attention away from the scars. I talked to the guy who did my back piece and he said they can go through scars if they aren;t too thick (mine isn't) but it will hurt a lot more and it's more difficult but can be done. I want to attract attention AWAY from the scar, especially the one on my inner forearm... it's nasty. The one on the otter part is pretty thin and doesn't stand out as much. The two holes where my radius and ulna came out look like bullet holes, so they kind of look cool. It's just my inner forearm that looks pretty gnarly. If they can't do it over the scar, then do it right next to it to take away the attention from the thick/purple scar I have. I have some pics on my facebook page, you can't see it unless you're my friend. If you want to see them, friend me (Daniel S a f r a d i n)
Old 02-25-2011, 10:51 PM

Car Info: 07 STI Built/Widebody/E85/Rotated GTX3576 13 Fozz
Yea, my full sleeve on my left arm went over a few small scars and it hurt like hell on those spots. Took a few touch-ups for the ink to finally stay in them as well.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:54 PM

Car Info: .
Just cuz you're a ***** and can't handle the sight of a retarded tattoo without ****ting your pants doesn't mean everyone else is like you. If you don't have anything nice to say, then SHUT THE F' UP before my other personality makes me post more unbelievable stupidity.
Fixed for accuracy.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Spoolin415
Fixed for accuracy.
OK Mike Tyson, the most bi-polar person ever. Thanks for trying, you lose.

I don't understand what the deal with Californians and guns is. Whats so scary about a gun? Should I get a smurf tattoo'd instead? Would that make you feel more safe? Would that make you feel all warm and fuzzy? Go f' yourself you POS.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by apetron
Yea, my full sleeve on my left arm went over a few small scars and it hurt like hell on those spots. Took a few touch-ups for the ink to finally stay in them as well.
Thanks for the productive response, I appreciate it.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:47 PM
Straight as an arrow

Car Info: The Fit is gone!
I forgot that I un-bannned you. Come on man, thats why you were banned in the first place. I love you Patrick, but come on man....
Jokes arent allowed?
Old 02-26-2011, 12:18 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
I don't understand what the deal with Californians and guns is. Whats so scary about a gun? Should I get a smurf tattoo'd instead? Would that make you feel more safe? Would that make you feel all warm and fuzzy? Go f' yourself you POS.
90% pussies in this state, thats why. Guns don't kill people, brucelee kills people.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:01 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by irrational x
90% pussies in this state, thats why. Guns don't kill people, brucelee kills people.
T shirt material?
Old 02-26-2011, 07:24 AM

Car Info: WRX
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
T shirt material?
+1 lol

Does anyone remember the really big guy in the end of Happy Gilmore? That guy was BA. Reminds me of that statement...I think it was on his shirt.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:56 AM

Car Info: .
OK Mike Tyson, the most bi-polar person ever. Thanks for trying, you lose.

Wait, what? What does Tyson have to do with this? Tyson is even nuttier than you are, difference is, he is entertaining when he flies off the handle. You just seem like you grow an attraction to the caps lock and cry on your keyboard.

Who said anything about being scared of guns? A smurf would at least be funny in an ironic way, a gun on your forearm is funny in a laugh at you kind of way.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:24 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
I want to the airforce office today and had an interview. No, this will NOT affect anything. Lots of guys have sleeves, just cuz its an AK doesnt make it any different than having asian fish or anything else. I have a German (Pre-****) eagle on my back holding the Croatian coat of arms, so if that doesnt disqualify me then the AK wont either.

lots of the guys that have sleeves had them before several uniform standards were implimented regarding tattoos and they have been grandfather'd in. heres an exerpt straight out of the AIR FORCE INSTRUCTION 36-2903

Excessive tattoos/brands will not be exposed or visible (includes visible
through the uniform) while in uniform. Excessive is defined as any tattoo/
brands that exceed 1/4 of the exposed body part and those above the
collarbone and readily visible when wearing an open collar uniform.
Members should not be allowed to display excessive tattoos that would
detract from an appropriate professional image while in uniform.
Commanders should use these guidelines in determining appropriate
military image and acceptability of tattoos displayed by members in
uniform. Air Force members with tattoos not meeting an acceptable
military image should be required to (a) maintain complete coverage of the
tattoos using current uniform items (e.g. long-sleeved shirt/blouse, pants/
slacks, dark hosiery, PT running suit, etc.) or (b) remove tattoo(s).
and it goes on. So it cant be more than 1/4 of your exposed forearm, basically the rough guide is smaller than your hand, fingers together, palm down. If it would fit under your hand, you "should" be ok. If they told you at the recruiters office it wouldnt be a problem, then cool, just dont want you DQ'd after you get it. Im active duty and its been a problem with some friends of mine, so Im speaking from first hand knowledge. GL