I try not to jump to conclusions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 08:16 AM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
After re reading your story it could have easily been taken when everyone was moving cars...I assume you work in your garage frequently with your door open, someone could have been watching and ran in and swooped it up when everyone was distracted moving cars

And I don't know your relationship with the other two people, but I've had very good friends do even shadier things than stealing a tablet

I don't like how iclub forms a lynchmob for people that are well known on this forum on things that don't have much backing

A forum member here took my payment on paypal two months ago and still hasn't sent anything and only responded once saying he was busy, but I'm not well known at the meets so my post got looked over and no one cares
Old 04-08-2013, 08:16 AM

Car Info: 2006 AW WRX | 2010 e90 335i M-Sport
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
Since everyone likes to add their opinion.

That seems odd it would go missing after some random guy is hanging out. I hope however you wouldn't make this thread if you say left your tablet out in your garage and left it open and out of sight for awhile? If you didn't look for it the until the next day...

-anyways keep an eye on your stuff, and start charging these bums some money!

-What the hell guy you have enough for nice parts but don't even kick the guy a hundred bucks here or there for coilovers and then axles? daymn maybe you deserve this thread regardless. Ok Im just kidding there sortuv.
Glad to see the trend of jumping to conclusions is being perpetuated by everyone who feels obligated to post in this thread.

I paid Jamison over $100 to swap my front axles and give him a $30 bottle of rum. And before you go and make another dumb assumption, yeah I paid him to install my coilovers, too.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:20 AM

Car Info: 2006 AW WRX | 2010 e90 335i M-Sport
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I think I made that pretty clear don't you?

Dump the thread if you wish. The sad thing is... not many would man up and admit it anyways.

Feel free to put me on a timeout. I don't like you *******s anyways.
Try this one on for size. The sad thing is I'm a stand-up guy who is taking a lot of flak for stealing a tablet that I never even touched.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:33 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2010 swp WRX hatch
Originally Posted by slugrx
After re reading your story it could have easily been taken when everyone was moving cars...I assume you work in your garage frequently with your door open, someone could have been watching and ran in and swooped it up when everyone was distracted moving cars

And I don't know your relationship with the other two people, but I've had very good friends do even shadier things than stealing a tablet

I don't like how iclub forms a lynchmob
It couldn't have been grabbed by a random. When we moved cars, we moved from the driveway to in front of the house...

I'm not saying its impossible that one of the other guys took it, just very very unlikely. That would be really disappointing.

And I wasn't trying to form a lynch mob. In fact I said not necessary every time...
Old 04-08-2013, 10:19 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Plan b isn't the only tracking app. I'm not sure if OP knows this but you should check to see if the device is still linked to your account

Sent from my Nexus 4 using i-Club
Old 04-08-2013, 10:41 AM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT and 06 WRX TR
Originally Posted by w0ng3r
Plan b isn't the only tracking app. I'm not sure if OP knows this but you should check to see if the device is still linked to your account

Sent from my Nexus 4 using i-Club
he could also check wifi logs and estimate the time it was shut off after stealing it or when it ran out of batterylife.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:41 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by subie4life
Try this one on for size. The sad thing is I'm a stand-up guy who is taking a lot of flak for stealing a tablet that I never even touched.
I honestly don't see you taking much flak.

The problem is this... it really looks like you did. It's a crap situation. Do you think that Jameson wanted to deal with all this ****? There are a lot of newer folks on iclub that don't understand how those of us that have been around a while and have a lot of friends on the forums take care of each other.

I heard the story. I thought about it. I told him to make sure he was sure and then put you on blast. I hate thieves. Hate.

If there is a thieve among us... it needs to be known.

Now... on the flip side. There isn't much worse than a challenge to your integrity when you care about your integrity. In your shoes I would have handled things a bit differently. I'm sure you knew what was going on when the first text messages came through. The response you gave is one that every person that's had a friend steal something has heard... I don't have it. I'll come help you find it. Then it some how appears in a drawer or under a tool box or something. So it sounded bad.

What I probably would have done was drove over to his place. Said hey bro. It sounds like you think I stole this thing. He would have said... well... yes I do. Then you could have pled your case in person and I'm sure it would have been settled between the two of you with the tablet still missing.

But that doesn't matter now. The story is out there. You look like a thieve in some folks eyes and that sucks if it's not true. And Jameson looks like an ******* in some folks eyes and that's certainly not true.

So I tell you what... I'm the resident *******. I'll take the wrap for this one. Jameson has a stirling reputation and I plan on seeing that hold true. The dude helps people out ALL the time.

**** got stolen. One of 3 people stole it. You were the one that made sense.
It's tough to be put in that spot whether it's true or not.

But I'll tell you what. If it turns up in the hands of one of the other 2 guys or wedged in the abyss... I'll personally take you and Jameson out for drinks.

We'll sit down. Say sorry. Move on.

Either way... I still think this type of information should be out there. I'm sure man of you jumped on the hate Lance Armstrong train... dude used to be a stand up guy....
Old 04-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax

The problem is this... it really looks like you did. It's a crap situation. Do you think that Jameson wanted to deal with all this ****? There are a lot of newer folks on iclub that don't understand how those of us that have been around a while and have a lot of friends on the forums take care of each other.

I heard the story. I thought about it. I told him to make sure he was sure and then put you on blast. I hate thieves. Hate.

Now... on the flip side. There isn't much worse than a challenge to your integrity when you care about your integrity. In your shoes I would have handled things a bit differently. I'm sure you knew what was going on when the first text messages came through. The response you gave is one that every person that's had a friend steal something has heard... I don't have it. I'll come help you find it. Then it some how appears in a drawer or under a tool box or something. So it sounded bad.

What I probably would have done was drove over to his place. Said hey bro. It sounds like you think I stole this thing. He would have said... well... yes I do. Then you could have pled your case in person and I'm sure it would have been settled between the two of you with the tablet still missing.

But that doesn't matter now. The story is out there. You look like a thieve in some folks eyes and that sucks if it's not true. And Jameson looks like an ******* in some folks eyes and that's certainly not true.

So I tell you what... I'm the resident *******. I'll take the wrap for this one. Jameson has a stirling reputation and I plan on seeing that hold true. The dude helps people out ALL the time.

But I'll tell you what. If it turns up in the hands of one of the other 2 guys or wedged in the abyss... I'll personally take you and Jameson out for drinks.

Either way... I still think this type of information should be out there. I'm sure man of you jumped on the hate Lance Armstrong train... dude used to be a stand up guy....
Amen
Old 04-08-2013, 10:50 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon

See more on Know Your Meme
Old 04-08-2013, 10:54 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by slugrx

I don't like how iclub forms a lynchmob for people that are well known on this forum on things that don't have much backing

A forum member here took my payment on paypal two months ago and still hasn't sent anything and only responded once saying he was busy, but I'm not well known at the meets so my post got looked over and no one cares
I got stabbed by a friend one time.

I also had a guy that I bent over backwards to help... talking fed and paid his rent... steal several hundred dollars from me.

**** happens but with this community we try to minimize it. That's why there is FAR less of this here than on any other forum... including nasioc... that I've ever been on.

The problem here is there is NO way to prove anything.

And for information sake... this didn't just happen. Jameson weighed this out for a couple weeks and spent a lot of time looking for it as I'm sure it was not easy for him to point a finger in any direction.

And as for you Brian... you're a good dude. You need help getting your **** or getting heard. Let me know. I'm fine being the *** hole. Call me the *** Hole for I-club justice. I hate seeing forum members get hosed.

I had something similar happen with paypal twice now. Once for a married accessport... so I was out that money because he was able to drag his feet for more than 45 days. (stupid policy)

And right now I'm dealing with a $700 out of pocket ordeal involving the BAM stuff from last year. If I don't get it figured out soon I'm going to have to come out of pocket another $700 and just send money to people that paypaled me trusting me to take care of ****. It's been 6 damned months.

But because I am who I am people are putting trust in me. I'm sure several folks are a bit pissed at me right now. I'm doing the best I can to get it straightened out in the middle of a LOT of personal business. But I feel terrible.

I also feel terrible for putting the bug in Jameson's ear to get this news out. I should have known that the iclub community would do this kind of thing. The lynch mob talk online is just to make people feel good. Pho Shizzle means well but we all know he couldn't round house kick anything larger than a mini poodle. It's just guys getting pissed off at a solid forum member and individual being wronged possibly by another forum member.

The **** situation is now Jameson looks like a dick and we have a member saying he didn't do anything and it's going to be very hard to prove it.

Only time will tell.

Seriously though. I'm happy to drop a line to said member that's ripped you off to just kick him in the pants. It's probably the situation where it's not a high priority and it's sitting there waiting for him to get unlazy and mail it. Sometimes another member saying... dude... stop being lazy... helps.

Lord knows I've let some stuff sit around once or twice.

I hope that's the case though. Otherwise we have another scammer in the midst and I'll have to put my ******* suit back on.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:57 AM

Car Info: WRB Wagon
^ Hide and wrxwagon beat me to it.. well said as always OMA

sorry to hear Jamison, I know/appreciate your hospitality and ive only met you once in person for the front plate delete(thanks again), hopefully luck finds your tablet good sir!
Old 04-08-2013, 11:09 AM
VIP Member

Thank you guys. I'm not a dick in person and I'm not here to be a dick. I'm here to help people out. That shouldn't mean I'm ok with getting robbed...
Old 04-08-2013, 11:12 AM

Car Info: '04 STI
lets pitch in and get this good guy a new one.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:13 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by norcalbmxer4u
Thank you guys. I'm not a dick in person and I'm not here to be a dick. I'm here to help people out. That shouldn't mean I'm ok with getting robbed...
werd.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:20 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Xekh4
lets pitch in and get this good guy a new one.
Totally unnecessary. My wife knew how bummed I was so she got me an ipad mini. Its a bigger deal to me than most since I litterally don't own a computer. My tablet is all I have...

Very nice thought though. I do appreciate it

Quick Reply: I try not to jump to conclusions...