I try not to jump to conclusions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 09:28 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Every once in a while I meet someone on iclub that im proud to call a friend. Stand up. Giving. Honest. Just a real dude. Jamison is one if those dudes. He's helped me out a couple times no questions asked. He's that kind of guy.

He was not going to say anything about what went down. Seriously.

He told me what happened and wouldn't even tell me the dudes screen name. I said go home. Be sure. Then put the dude in blast.

Why?
Nit so we could rally round and stomp the dude. If hamuson wanted to do that, he's more than capable. He nearly through a refrigerating through my face yesterday... lol! I said to so that other folks will have the information at hand to make future choices with the user on an educated basis. So no one else gets burned.

Jameson is drama free and as legit as ut cones. Take it for what it is ... information.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:32 PM

Car Info: 07lmtd 6spd wrx eq tuned
Originally Posted by norcalbmxer4u
See, like almost everyone else, I'm totally ok fixing your parts. It's nice to have connections. Without your snowboard rack, we would have taken an extra car... It's a community give and take... One of the big reasons I came back to subarus
sorry to hear dude. this community does have good poeple, but with good also comes the bad unfortunately. i hope this is all a bad case of 'slipped in between the couch crevice' lol but if he did take it, Karma has a way of paying back.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:52 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Andrew has been a personal friend of mine for a few years now, there's no way he'd steal someones ****

Not that kind of person at all

I called him and let him know about this thead
Old 04-07-2013, 09:54 PM

Some of you guys are crazy calling to track someone down and stomp them out over a small piece of electronics with no evidence backin up your stories

Ill let andrew speak for himself, there's no way he stole anyones stuff
Old 04-07-2013, 09:55 PM

Car Info: 99 Swap'd GM6
That sucks, man. Sucks hard.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:58 PM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT and 06 WRX TR
Originally Posted by slugrx
Andrew has been a personal friend of mine for a few years now, there's no way he'd steal someones ****

Not that kind of person at all

I called him and let him know about this thead
The most difficult part of this thread is the fact that someone was put on BLAST in this forum. Im pretty sure this wasnt the OPs intentions but this is the predicted outcome. Perhaps this discussion should be settled in person instead of having this thread turn into an unwanted discussion where tempers may flare through the flow of potential instigators.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:02 PM

I'm one that's big on the benefit of the doubt...I sent a member on here $30 via paypal two months ago for some fog light covers and still haven't receieved them and he hasn't responded in about a month

I'm not going to make a thread and put him on blast because I'm not going to mess up his reputation over a possible misunderstanding
Old 04-07-2013, 10:14 PM

I'm one that's big on the benefit of the doubt...I sent a member on here $30 via paypal two months ago for some fog light covers and still haven't receieved them and he hasn't responded in about a month

I'm not going to make a thread and put him on blast because I'm not going to mess up his reputation over a possible misunderstanding
which is exactly why this discussion should be carried in private. let both parties settle in a private transaction, instead of communicating in a public forum. i definitely understand what the OP is trying to say, unfortunately the outcome has opened pandora's box. it will be a mixed reaction among us but someones reputation can be tainted after such thread is created if it is a misunderstanding. best to let them both deal with it and whatever repercussion it follows. the item is definitely replaceable but look where a simple thread has taken the situation, even though the intent was to simply inform us.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
The thread went where e-thugs say think that things can go. It went never go the way people dream it because most people are level headed and not stupid enough to go form a lynch mob. This was meant as a heads up to anybody else he may have work on his car to watch out.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:26 PM

Car Info: 2006 AW WRX | 2010 e90 335i M-Sport
Wow here comes the i-club drama. I'm honestly very disappointed that Jamison would post a thread of this nature in an attempt to taint my reputation in the community.

Although Jamison isn't directly accusing my of stealing his tablet, his story is portraying me as a distrustful and downright criminal individual.

For those of you who have had the opportunity to meet me, you know this couldn't be further from the truth.

Jamison's story is correct that he had previously helped me install a set of coilovers. He seemed like a cool guy, and as a friendly gesture, I even brought Jamison a handle of Sailor Jerry's(his favorite rum) when I came over to swap my front axles.

After we swapped the axles, we were hanging out in the driveway with two of his friends, and, like Jamison stated, we were looking at a swapped 2.5rs on his tablet. That was the last time I ever saw the tablet. Jamison texted me the next day asking if I remember seeing his tablet. I told him

I never touched the tablet, let alone stole it. I am a research analyst at an elite consulting firm and have absolutely no need or motivation to steal his tablet. If I wanted one, I would have no problem buying one.

Jamison, I understand that you are upset that you can't find your tablet, but creating a thread like this that draws my character into question is just wrong. I can speak from personal experience, that even close friends are capable of stealing from you. When you assume you make an *** out of you and me. Since the first day I met you, I have been incredibly respectful and friendly.

This whole ordeal is definitely a learning experience for me. It was awesome that Jamison was able to work my busy work life (I usually work 50 hours a week) to help me work on my car, but moving forward, I am just going to find a gap in my schedule to take my car to a professional shop. Being indirectly accused of stealing a tablet and having a thread made about you on i-club is just downright stupid.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:28 PM

Car Info: 2015 FXT Stage II
All I know is Jamison is a great guy and doesn't deserve what happened.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:41 PM

Car Info: 2006 AW WRX | 2010 e90 335i M-Sport
Originally Posted by 04FXTURBO
which is exactly why this discussion should be carried in private. let both parties settle in a private transaction, instead of communicating in a public forum. i definitely understand what the OP is trying to say, unfortunately the outcome has opened pandora's box. it will be a mixed reaction among us but someones reputation can be tainted after such thread is created if it is a misunderstanding. best to let them both deal with it and whatever repercussion it follows. the item is definitely replaceable but look where a simple thread has taken the situation, even though the intent was to simply inform us.
THIS!!! Jamison and I have had clear lines of communication about his missing tablet, and throughout our conversations I have been completely honest and available to him.

I'm honestly completely blown away that he created this libelous thread. Whether it was Jamison's intention or not, he has tarnished my reputation in the community, which is incredibly upsetting to me.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2010 swp WRX hatch
And that's really all there is to say guys. I know Andrew has money, I have seen his car parts. He buys nice quality stuff, not crap. And like I said before, Andrew, you are a nice dude and I'm not saying you stole it... Because there's some chance it went somewhere else. I'm not trying to cause drama here... Just throwing the info out to a group that's like a family to me. If you did steal it, I don't get why, but what's done is done. I'm not going to stop helping I-club members in need.
I mean I obviously didn't get a distrustful vibe from you when I did your coilovers, or you wouldn't have been invited back to do your axles.
This post was pushed by others to be posted. Just as info. Maybe it was a coincidence that it went missing the day you were there, and if that is in fact the case, I extend my deepest apology. But if you did take it, that's shady...
Old 04-07-2013, 10:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2010 swp WRX hatch

I am also big on the benefit of the doubt. Which is why I waited to make a post for 2 weeks while I kept searching every crevice of my house, garage, car, wife's car, etc...

Never once in this thread did I say "Andrew stole my ish"
Old 04-07-2013, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
The thread went where e-thugs say think that things can go. It went never go the way people dream it because most people are level headed and not stupid enough to go form a lynch mob. This was meant as a heads up to anybody else he may have work on his car to watch out.
ok, i agreed that his intentions were exactly that on your last sentence. but like i said, look where this thread has taken the topic. mixed thoughts among us was accurate, but the thread itself had a negative impact, both for the OP and the accused, as well as among us. there is no e-thugging here sir, just a topic of discussion best discussed between the OP and the accused. both parties have been vouched for by other members, should we just count how many positive comments each side has? because im pretty sure the answer is going to be irrelevant to the location of his tablet. this only leaves us to speculate on what possibly could have happened with his device.

Quick Reply: I try not to jump to conclusions...