I try not to jump to conclusions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 03:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2010 swp WRX hatch
I try not to jump to conclusions...

So here's a story for you guys...

A ton of you have been to my house to have work done on your cars. I love wrenching so I don't charge, but I'm happy to accept gratuity... I feel like I'm generally helping people who can't afford to go to a shop but don't have tools or skills to install parts by them self.

Anyhow, I had Andrew (subie4life) over a few months ago when I installed his coilovers for him. Everything went fine, no issues. Then a couple weeks ago he was over again when I swapped his front axles for him... Again, everything went fine, no issues. However, that night I couldn't seem to find my Samsung galaxy tab2. I figured it was just misplaced somewhere... I usually bring it out to the garage, as I did this day, to listen to music. After the install I unplugged it because we (andrew, and 2 of my very good freinds) were looking at a sti swapped 2.5rs for sale on here.
So we're all done, I put my tab down by my toolbox, then my buddy and I go to move our cars out of the driveway so Andrew can take off (he was in the garage and my driveway is only one car wide)
So once he was gone I couldn't find my tab. I figured I could find it the next day, no big deal... So after work the next day, I search my garage thoroughly. I'm OCD about organizing everything so it didn't take long to look... Couldn't find it anywhere so I shot Andrew a text. Asked if maybe we tossed it in his car somehow while we were cleaning up. Once he checks his car the next day (he was on a business trip) he tells me he doesn't have it.
At this point I'm thinking it has to be in my garage or house... So I tear apart my whole garage. I looked literally everywhere... All the while sending myself emails (since the tabs makes a noise when I get emails). No luck... Ok, so it's in the house. Same procedure, I mean I'm looking in drawers, under couches, everywhere ... Nada...
I hit him up a couple more times and he offered to come back and help me look for it... No thanks it's not here, anywhere...

So I'm not saying he stole it, but I'm saying it disappeared when he left and I have been looking for 2 weeks hoping it would turn up... And before you ask, the other 2 guys that were here know better. I trust them enough that they often come chill after work or school, and wait for me to get home from work... If they wanted to take something, they could do it while they were in my house alone... I am 995.73% sure neither of them took it...

Just wanted to get this out there because its still driving me crazy...

/rant
Old 04-07-2013, 03:04 PM

Car Info: a llama
He stole it.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:07 PM

Car Info: Subaru STi Sedan '13
Damn, that really sucks dude Hopefully it will turn up eventually. I do a lot of work with computers and what not, I had a similar story to this and I find it to be very frustrating when you help someone for free and then someone decides to swoop in and steal your goods. Hopefully youll find it and good luck.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:31 PM
banned

Car Info: hybrid 03 wrx
hope you find it. and i hope its not one of the local members from i-club.

ive done buisness with a couple of guys from sac. they came down to san jose to buy my ap. gave them a deal of a lifetime with parts and they still tried to hustle me..and still didnt get my iclub rating.. not like it matters but i want my fellow members to know im a friendly buyer/seller

bottom line, sometimes you cant be a nice guy all the time. as harsh as that sounds
Old 04-07-2013, 04:00 PM
VIP Member

He's a local I-clubber.
The only reason I even posted is because I have been pushed by some other I-club members to put this out there as a warning...

I don't want someone else's ish going missing...
Old 04-07-2013, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by norcalbmxer4u
He's a local I-clubber.
The only reason I even posted is because I have been pushed by some other I-club members to put this out there as a warning...

I don't want someone else's ish going missing...
Your a rational guy I see, but usually if you left something at a certain place and know for sure you left it there it should stay there. No one has much business moving your tablet around. Seeing how it's the newer Galaxy 2 Tablets it's quite a steal. Especially if you and your close buddies where out of the garage moving the car and he was only in the garage alone with his car. I'm just saying man push your issue, it's really messed up that good people are the ones getting ****ed over these days.

(I have OCD too, so I know what you mean by knowing where everything is and left it. OCD tends to make me very precise with where I last left my items.)
Old 04-07-2013, 04:08 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Well... you had the tab, meticulously clean and organized garage and most likely your house, and the tab somehow miraculously disappears?

Yea, he jacked it, and that's sad. As for the other 2 dudes if they were at your pad before and never took it, I would also assume they're standup guys and don't do stuff like that... but new face all of a sudden leads to missing. Pretty much sums up the end result.

And yea, I'd figure the next couple of days you'd end up stumbling on it, but you didn't, Therefore it left the house. Other dude should return the ****.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:14 PM

When he says "sure i'll come back and help you look for it" it may seem like a good call on his behalf. Really he just attempting to falsely prove to you that he is not guilty and will return back to the crime scene.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:14 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
subie4life

Last Activity: Yesterday 02:50 PM
Old 04-07-2013, 05:30 PM
VIP Member

Yeah. He's still on here. Another reason I waited two weeks to post is because he's a nice dude in person... He didn't seem like the type to swoop anything...

Point being, I was still hoping it would turn up somewhere...
Old 04-07-2013, 05:43 PM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
i say you go to his house and make his coilovers disappear.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
This gives me a softy seriously.

Good luck Jamison lemme know how it goes.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:59 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Thats messed up dude. Hope it gets returned, by who ever. I hate I-club drama.

I hate crooks even more.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:19 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bkblitzed
i say you go to his house and make his coilovers disappear.
Nah, revenge isn't the answer. I'm not looking to get back at him, I just want the warning out there.

Originally Posted by Heedz
Good luck Jamison lemme know how it goes.
Thanks, but I'm pretty sure it's gone...

Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
Thats messed up dude. Hope it gets returned, by who ever. I hate I-club drama.

I hate crooks even more.
Agree, agree, agree...
Old 04-07-2013, 06:21 PM

Car Info: 07 UGM FXT
You've helped so many members.. Why would someone even consider that...

Sorry bud.

Quick Reply: I try not to jump to conclusions...