I thought Kimbo Slice retired after gettin' pwned...

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 10:39 AM

Car Info: Nadda
I thought Kimbo Slice retired after gettin' pwned...

Joined the UFC's "The Ultimate Fighter" and turned down Strikeforce (I bet Dana White will be happy with that).

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/...ory?id=4223957
Old 06-02-2009, 10:55 AM

Car Info: .
More legitimacy for the UFC out the window.

Total joke.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:47 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
he can be good with a little more training. I dont expect him to dominate the show though, even with his experience
Old 06-02-2009, 11:53 AM

Someone who was making 500k purses has no reason being on TUF.

The guy is sideshow, plain and simple. He doesn't need to be on TUF, he was already training with Rutten. This is just another scam by Dana and Co.

And don't believe for a second he's getting the same treatment/payment as the other guys in the house.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
That guy is a total joke, but people want to see him fight for some reason, and that's why he has a contract... so yeah, basically he is a side show. Kinda sad to watch him fight against a trained fighter... Know what I mean when I say that?
Old 06-02-2009, 04:50 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Spoolin415
More legitimacy for the UFC out the window.

Total joke.
How does this make the UFC any less legit? If he wins he deserves a shot. If he isn't good enough he'll get whopped. He still has to fight his way on to the show and then fight his way through the show. The UFC needs more heavy weights. Just like regular boxing, the heavy weight class is the hardest to find quality athletes.

Look at the list of guys that have won within a couple fights. Tim Sylvia won it in his 2nd fight in the UFC. And look at Brock.

I'd be more worried about the chances of him getting in a brawl IN the house than him being a failure in the ring. Even when he looses people watch.

He's old so it's not like he'll be around all that long anyways and White said that if he doesn't win the show he won't fight in the UFC.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:25 PM

what he said

yeah look at Brock.....He took out a legend.... I think Brock and kimbo slice would be a pretty awesome fight to watch. Its all entertainment anyways.... Rather watch Kimbo fight than watch an episode of the hills!

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
How does this make the UFC any less legit? If he wins he deserves a shot. If he isn't good enough he'll get whopped. He still has to fight his way on to the show and then fight his way through the show. The UFC needs more heavy weights. Just like regular boxing, the heavy weight class is the hardest to find quality athletes.

Look at the list of guys that have won within a couple fights. Tim Sylvia won it in his 2nd fight in the UFC. And look at Brock.

I'd be more worried about the chances of him getting in a brawl IN the house than him being a failure in the ring. Even when he looses people watch.

He's old so it's not like he'll be around all that long anyways and White said that if he doesn't win the show he won't fight in the UFC.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:34 PM

Kimbo was plain... what is that word.. garbage. It was cool to watch him fight as it was actually TELEVISED ON NATIONAL TV. Dana is just usin him to gain some ratings, then maybe if he does show that he has improved (and improved greatly, the guy never even used his legs when on his back) then maybe brock and him will tustle, that'll be a big $$ event.

Never much of an event if it isn't on national TV though. =P
Old 06-02-2009, 05:36 PM

Kimbo slice reminds me of...

Old 06-02-2009, 05:41 PM

Car Info: 94 Integra beater: one Slow 3 Series RIP EvoX
I wana see him and Butterbean
Old 06-02-2009, 05:59 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX STI
Kimbo started as a backyard brawler on youtube. He rolls with the VIP Crew...if you jack off to **** you know what VIP Crew is, most likely. Blazed a B-legit of OG with him a couple years ago when VIP Crew out of Florida was filming out in Hollywood. For as far as he made it "professionally" compared to his past, I give the guy mad props.

Kimbo retiring means he would be bouncing **** shoots...What a terrible ending.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy

UFC putting Kimbo on TUF = ratings. Nothing more.

TUF is for up and comers. Not guys who can fetch $500k purse fights and fight in any organization they want simply because of their name.

Yeah, Kimbo sucks, but to deny a young guy who actually may have a legit chance at making this a career for a past-his-prime street brawler is a crime.

That is what makes UFC lose more credibility.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:25 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX
Kimbo will not make it to the ufc, we all know that. And a good lot of you will probably tune every episode to see when he does down.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:36 PM

Where's Jose Canseco when u need him lol
Old 06-02-2009, 09:08 PM

Car Info: Teh Subie
Lesnar didnt take out a legend in beating Couture, it was clearly a 'passing of the torch' hype way of giving Couture one last match against someone noteworthy. The fact that Lesnar already has a championship (same way WWE promoted him) craps on UFC credibility.

Of course this is all pointing towards Lesnar Vs. Slice after Lesnar faces Frank Mir (unless that match gets mothballed due to Mir's injuries). I'm not calling UFC a joke, but Dana White is a businessman in the end, he's gotta keep bringing in the dough.

Quick Reply: I thought Kimbo Slice retired after gettin' pwned...