I sure am glad that we have the "moral police" here on our board!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 02:23 PM

Car Info: 2016 CWP WRX
hey Xero

to be honest, i usually don't care. i just dont read them or turn my eye to other threads. this one i got a few emails complaining about it. when i get more than one email (and it isn't spam or a troll or something completely idiotic) i take a look and try to see it from the reporters point of view. unfortunatly, there is the "lowest common demoninator" amd sometims people are touchy about things that personally don't offend 99% of us. i have let plenty of his stories go. this time the people reporting were complaining about HIS constant posting of race stories.

anyway, i appreciate your respect, and from now on, i could care less what is posted. you guys want to spam it up go for it. i will only stop the spam and idiots.

josh

PS being proud of beating a freakin mustang makes me laugh out loud. who cares if is a mach 1 or not. EVO? now that would be something to be proud of......

PSS Andy, just saw your last post. thanks for retracting. i will let it go....
Old 06-16-2003, 02:38 PM

Car Info: Soon to be a 2011 WRX?
Originally posted by josh
i have let plenty of his stories go. this time the people reporting were complaining about HIS constant posting of race stories.
See, I figured there was a good reason. As the mod he has to try and keep us all happy, and I can't fault him for that. He's just doin' his job...

I'm stoked to see the civility return to this thread...

-Alan

ps - You do realize however that he is going to be lookin' for a run from every EVO he comes across now right?
Old 06-16-2003, 02:43 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
The stock EVO I drove (like I stole it) wasn't any faster than my WRX. The EVO had more top end, but the boost was slow and lagged.

It did seem to handle more responsively. I have minor upgrades to my suspension (sway bars, solid rear end links, strut bars, front lower arm bar, and 1.5" lowering springs).

It had better braking than my WRX (stock).

Last edited by odyss3y; 06-16-2003 at 03:00 PM.
Old 06-16-2003, 03:16 PM

Car Info: 2016 CWP WRX
since we are hijacking anyway...

i drove bluesaints EVO a week ago, and found it faster than Jerry's WRX (much to his shagrin). The EVO did have an exhaust, but other than that it was stock. In jerrys defence, hea has a turbo back and a few minor mods. it was close for sure.

the overall feel of the two cars was what really struck me. the EVO seemes, well more fun. the steering is rediculously quick and the motor was more "peaky" (read: the car power band is more abrupt). to coin a phrase from almost every magazine " it is like a go kart". jerrys car is probably the best handling wrx i have driven, but yet the EVO felt way more sharp, and provided more feedback (wth a bigger FRONT sway bar, stock rear).

i think if jerrys car had r compound tires (255 r compund, droool) it might have been different. but i really think i got a glimpse of the differnce id feel between an STi and an EVO (cep the STi would be faster). i never really experienced the lag you talked about, it felt much better than even a modded wrx lag wise. but as the magazines said, they are two very similar cars that drive very differently. it is almost bizaare to tell you the truth.

josh
Old 06-16-2003, 03:34 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
it just seemed more like a drag setup than a road racing setup. the car didnt really feel powerful until about 4k+ and felt like it lacked some usable torque down low. *shrug*
Old 06-16-2003, 08:30 PM

Car Info: 02 STi
Wont that type of mustang beat an EVO from a roll?

If so, then that is something to talk about if you are only interested in a wrx beating an evo. I am sure that Andy's ride and mine,and others will beat an EVO and STi. (so far )

-freddie
Old 06-17-2003, 09:15 AM

Car Info: 09 E90 M3 SEDAN w/DCT
It should Freddie, with 330 HP. Plus, that car is 2 WD, so that car is seeing ALOT more power at the wheels. Probably around 300. It should smoke an Evo from a roll.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:57 AM

Car Info: 02 STi
Ok , Thats what I thought. I was making sure because of this comment.....

Originally posted by josh
PS being proud of beating a freakin mustang makes me laugh out loud. who cares if is a mach 1 or not. EVO? now that would be something to be proud of......
It almost sounds like:

"It doesnt matter if you beat that Ferarri, now if you can beat an EVO, that would be cool"!! LOL

-freddie