I really hate the T.V. show COPS

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 05:08 PM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
Originally Posted by iLoqin
The reason I could give a damn about cops is because I could give a damn about a post mail man, and a guy at Starbux, etc. I post based on my recollection that every person here (or almost all people... well actually 89.5%) of people are working in at least in the state currently.

I just find it funny that you guys take this seriously when I look around in a bunch of the topics even on this board alone are trolls and off topic threads. I wasn't even off topic, someone can God Bless someone all they want, but every time someone says God bless in my opinion, it also means (If you ain't with is, you can burn in hell for eternity) and that is written as their belief systems. And trust me, this board has been and welcomed opinions. They're in every topic board.

If you seriously want to get on about trolling, I can go ahead n' tag every post I see on here as something off the topic, but it happens all the time. I just don't see the point in doing so.

A death is a death, a good citizen is a good citizen. When someone goes down for murder, and then someone goes down for CAPITAL murder, I see it as a double standard, and that to me doesn't make sense. We are all human, we all have our own personalities, jobs, and opinions. I seriously don't get butt hurt about your opinions at all, so in turn I just don't think guys should ***** and moan about mine.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:42 PM

Car Info: 2005 Stg.2 Wrx
cops keep us in line. we cry at the consequences of our own wrong.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:08 PM
SK

Car Info: an EQ tuned box
Well...this thread done gone south real quick, didn't it...

While I don't necessarily agreed with iLoqin's wording or timing, he does raised some good points.

Another thing I find a bit amusing is the 'mob mentality' so many I-Clubbers shunned and accused NASIOC of - is in full swing. A bit ironic, if you think about it.

So you disagreed with his view. No big deal. Let the man speaks his mind and counter with yours.

To insinuate possible [violent] scenario - being shot in the face - and assumed he's not a "good person" simply because of a difference of opinion is arguable, not to mention hypocritical, at best.

But to get back on topic - COPS is ok. Something to watch if nothing better is on. There are certain arrests that I completely agree with the OP; overuse of manpower and tactics. Then again, it's better to be over prepared than coming up short, and risking injuries/lives.

Vegas episodes are probably my favorite.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:13 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by SK
\
While I don't necessarily agreed with iLoqin's wording or timing, he does raised some good points.

Another thing I find a bit amusing is the 'mob mentality' so many I-Clubbers shunned and accused NASIOC of - is in full swing. A bit ironic, if you think about it.

So you disagreed with his view. No big deal. Let the man speaks his mind and counter with yours.

To insinuate possible [violent] scenario - being shot in the face - and assumed he's not a "good person" simply because of a difference of opinion is arguable, not to mention hypocritical, at best.
No big deal, a forum is a forum. Built for input, output, fun stuff, important stuff. This is the culture of an i-club forum(maybe a nasioc forum). I don't really care if I get gang banged on a forum about cars. I've been used to taking crap or saying crap that others might find offensive in a class room, or out in the open. (I'd mention work, but policies and **** people create an environment with the idea in mind as no such thing as freedom of speech). People should take responsibility in speaking what can't be spoken at work, to make sure that everyone sees the other side. A lifetime is short, and there are loads of information. To be human is to always be a teacher and in hand, always learning, always a student.

People need to lighten up. Just as we judge what "rice" is, people will judge anything one way or another. There are always polar ends to each issue, I'm used to being devil's advocate. I think that everyone who gets pissed off at me aren't comfortable with talking about the other polarizing side; hence, the word ignorance.

On another issue, I've always been told (or mocked at) on this forum and in public that I must be a college student in philosophy class or something. It doesn't take a whacko to consider the other possibilities or further investigating issues with an open mind.

When people think on they're right side of they sure think they're cool. Then everyone thinks I'm the guy on the left. I sure am, but as long as I can get a few people to try to comprehend, instead of ignoring and following the main idea like a pack of sheep, then I might have lost the battle but I'm winning the war.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:52 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX STI
I can't watch the show because most city cops are ****ing bags with a power complex.

"Always pulling me over and searching my ****ing car, searching my gluteus maximus, flashlight in my drawls, acting like some batches's, acting like a broad." -E40

I know a bunch of old high school and college buddies who are cops in both NorCal and SoCal. Its almost a laughing matter how dirty cops are, they even admit the **** they do to dealers. How do you think some of these guys live in baller *** homes? Someone has a 30-pack in the trunk, most cops will get you for a couple zips and then slang the rest to their drug dealer homie they have known since high school or college. Full circle!
Old 03-23-2009, 03:19 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
The reason I could give a damn about cops is because I could give a damn about a post mail man, and a guy at Starbux, etc. I post based on my recollection that every person here (or almost all people... well actually 89.5%) of people are working in at least in the state currently.

I just find it funny that you guys take this seriously when I look around in a bunch of the topics even on this board alone are trolls and off topic threads. I wasn't even off topic, someone can God Bless someone all they want, but every time someone says God bless in my opinion, it also means (If you ain't with is, you can burn in hell for eternity) and that is written as their belief systems. And trust me, this board has been and welcomed opinions. They're in every topic board.

If you seriously want to get on about trolling, I can go ahead n' tag every post I see on here as something off the topic, but it happens all the time. I just dont see the point in doing so.

A death is a death, a good citizen is a good citizen. When someone goes down for murder, and then someone goes down for CAPITAL murder, I see it as a double standard, and that to me doesn't make sense. We are all human, we all have our own personalities, jobs, and opinions. I seriously don't get butt hurt about your opinions at all, so in tuern I just dont think guys should ***** and moan about mine.
WTF does this have to do with cops. Get off your cross.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
D.E.A. has better story lines, I guess that would be because it deals with Drugs and Firearms. lol
Old 03-23-2009, 03:34 PM

Car Info: RWD Camry
The show is meh at best. Once you've seen one episode, you've seen them all.