I need some ideas and people that will make them happen (BAM X)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 04:29 AM

Car Info: 2001 BMW M5
I'm down to help out before and after the event. Gofer parking in the shade in exchange for for helping?
Old 06-13-2010, 04:32 PM

Car Info: 2017 Limited Edition BRZ
If you need help, id be more than happy to help. The games sound fun. I wouldnt mind help doing the games part. I think it would be neat to display all the cars this year, rather than focus on just show cars, even though the car show thing was cool.

as far as the control of entry and food goes, i think having everyone getting stamped on their hands would be the most effective thing. that way we wouldnt have to worry about ppl taking off their wristbands (if we go with wristbands) and lending it to their friends.
at the same time, we are making sure everyone pays.

as far as food goes, i think we should give everyone a ticket when they pay at the entrance for the food, that way everyone gets their fair share.

just throwing out ideas. ill post more later when im not on my phone.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:43 PM

Car Info: 99 L wagon!
Last year was awesome, especially with the vendors and raffles.

I really like the beach idea to, just got to make sure it's big enough for everyone and whatever activites.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:39 PM

Car Info: WRX
Subie jousting?
Old 06-14-2010, 12:25 AM

Car Info: 2017 Limited Edition BRZ
Okay so I shall continue since I am on my laptop now

Like I was saying, I think it would be a great idea if we are able to stamp people's hands at the entrance, while at the same time providing them with a ticket for food. That way, we are able to make sure everyone pays the entry fee as well as make sure people don't try to get free food. So the benefit here is, if someone wants food, they have to show the stamp on their hand as well as provide the ticket in exchange for food

A car show is always fun to have. Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition and it's always great when we are able to see the hard work put into all of the cars.

Also, I think it would be great if we are able to be around everyone's cars. Everyone would like to show off their pride & joy so I think it would be awesome if this can happen.

I think as far as activities go, we should have:

1. Tag football
2. 3-legged race
3. Tug-o-war
4. Water-gun/Water balloon fight
(lol)
5. Volleyball (If we do the beach thing)
6. Pie/Hot dog eating contest w/ no hands
7. Car show
8. We can do one huge obstacle course splitting people into different teams (sorry I have a vision which only makes sense in my head LOL. For example, the whole theme will be tag football working our way up to the next player so we can do a 3-legged race and then tag the next person and do a run through some tires to tag the next person then have that person jump rope to the next person and then that last person has to run to the table where a pie will await them and whoever finishes first wins lol) The whole point is that I figured it would be great to get everyone to work together as a team while at the same time we can all have some fun, whether you're participating or just watching. I think this would be very entertaining.
9. Talent contest (i know, this one is a bit far-fetched but WHY NOT?! haha)
10. Tribute to I-club members with whom we've lost.

This is all I have as far as ideas right now.

I can also contribute with baking if needed. Cookies? Brownies? iderno.. let me know if I can do anything to help make this happen. I really hope someone likes my ideas cuz that's what I wanted to do since last year but unfortunately was not able to do.

P.S. please do not bash my ideas.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:28 AM

Car Info: Reason
I think those are all great ideas. I hesitate to champion my own idea here, but I do think Rodeo Beach/Fort Cronkhite would be an awesome venue. There's a form you have to fill out to reserve it, but it looks pretty straightforward. I'm happy to do a bit more research on this if there is any sort of popular concensus on the venue. I'm not going to waste my time if no one is interested in going there.

Permit Form
Old 06-14-2010, 09:18 AM

Car Info: ugly piece of ****
Originally Posted by buzzword
I think those are all great ideas. I hesitate to champion my own idea here, but I do think Rodeo Beach/Fort Cronkhite would be an awesome venue. There's a form you have to fill out to reserve it, but it looks pretty straightforward. I'm happy to do a bit more research on this if there is any sort of popular concensus on the venue. I'm not going to waste my time if no one is interested in going there.

Permit Form
Agreed. That is such an amazing place and we can all meet at the end of GG bridge and caravan over through the headlands.

The only problem is that it gets crowded if its nice and if its not nice, it will be cold.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:21 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Guys, AFAIK, the location is already set.

-Brian
Old 06-14-2010, 05:38 PM

Car Info: 2002 4EAT MBP wrx wagon
few thoughts.
BAM 9 was the first time I came out, had a pretty good time, pretty awkward sometimes since I did come by myself, but I found someone I knew and spent most of the day trying to hang with him (hi dickson!) so that was alright. I'm a pretty social guy, but the curve of approaching people interested in a similar car when no one was actually around their car was difficult. That's generally what you break the ice with and what you want to talk to the other person about to begin with.

The tough part about that location is that the parking lot is away from where everyone congregates. I think the Ideal setup regardless of restriction would be

Cars
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

tables, BBQ, sound stuff, booths, show cars, vendors
all the other cool things planned for this year

Cars

Sorry, the zeros represent all the cars (maybe organized into clusters (color or type (impreza, forester, legacy, other etc.) That wouldn't be hard in the massive fields to do it by color. People won't be too upset parking away from all the folks they already know.

Since the ideal layout in my mind isn't the case, I want to create a system so I can come this year and meet people WITH their cars, ask about them, shoot the shizz. It's impossible at the location on the time of year. 100 degrees in that stray field with no shade so no one wants to stay away from the grass, water, and canopy for long. So first things first, it would be great to push it later. TI is a fantastic idea and location and I know the leasing company folks really well from living there so it's a possibility in the furute, but probably out of the question now. Never too hot there, the back side is not so windy (where they hold dragon boat stuff)

So. An organized time block 1-2hours of an open house. Want to show off your car? Grab a lawn chair, set up in front of it, pop the hood, and wait for folks. Not so into showing it off? Just take the gallery walk. Make it a specific timeframe so everyone knows to be there in advance and they won't be missing other stuff going on.

Seperate organized time block (1-2hours) of BAIC swap meet. Want to sell parts? Want to buy parts? What better place to see it all in one place. Pack your trunk, bring your money, and sell out the car or in front within reason (don't spread out all over the place and take up other parking spots. I got lots of things to sell, tons of stuff I'd be tempted buy.

This way, there are two opportunities to meet and greet, show cars, talk parts and mods, meet folks (connect faces to cars and so forth) and meander through all the great automobiles you guys have without taking everyone away from the central area for the whole time.

Photoshoot signups. Want to organize one? Put your name, iclub name, phone number, and car type (what you have, what you're looking for) and time you want to do it (afternoon only as things wind down) on a sheet and post on the big bulletin board. Check back during the day, call, coordinate, and round up at the special photo shoot lots that have been organized by the BAM crew. Props to a vendor who would donate detail spray, tire dress etc. Or a camera man who would volunteer to do pro shots or charge for prints and finals emailed out.

Like gearing out? Install lot, share your tools, know-how, and learn some things from all the other folks there. Horrified at the idea of doing an up-pipe? Some folks here can do em in less than an hour. This can be risky, liability, leaky fluids, cleanup etc.

For events:

Lawn games organized area: bocce, badmitton, croquet, ultimate frisbee, disc golf, etc. Grab a partner and get out there. Have an area where people are intersted in playing can hang, meet other members, find a 2nd and play a round. Collect gear from members to use or buy a cheapo set of multiple sport stuff. Incentivise getting out there (play a round, share 1 new thing about your partner (yay subaru summer camp!) get a dollar off 1st raffle ticket or something). Let's folks meet new folks.

Karaoke booth: nuff said.

Carnival games: setup, pay to play, win a raffle ticket or two, or win nothing haha. Have fun other booths if you could (mustache painting, etc.)

Slip and slide: great past idea. guest judges. Hit a high enough score, win a raffle ticket. once again, incentivize (that's not a word is it?)

Car show: great idea. You need different classes. Way too hard to choose. More cars maybe. Have a panel of judges go around the big parkign lots where folks snap photos, display on the projector for the crowd, and clown on the person a bit ( can get a printer out or cheapo metals you sharpie write on for eg.) Possible awards off the top of my head.

Dirtiest interior
Most door dings
The that'll buff out award
Lowest
Highest
Ugliest wheels award
Most creative use of zip ties
Tallest wing
Biggest ricer
Biggest exhaust tip

etc. etc. Make it fun, funny, gets new folks out in front of the crowd, people will remember each other as the dude with more curb than wheel or somethign like that.

This way there's a bunch of mini events, everyone has an idividualized experience, but there are big events sprinkled in (bbq, raffle, parking lot car show awards, other car show voting,) that bring folks all together. Phew didn't plan on writing much at all.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:13 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
my .02 = i think that the organization of last years was well executed and thought that the main vendor area was awesome BUT i felt that all the 200 something other cars that make up the entire bay area scene of "customers" got shunned to the death valley dirt parking lot and for that i wouldnt want the same location! i love the beach idea but it would take serious planning and probably much more $$ to lockdown an entire beach lot...and i think Sept is probably a better idea so we dont die like last year! good luck and godspeed mr Lee if you need EQs vendor info or anything from us just let me know

-Brendan
Old 06-14-2010, 06:39 PM

Car Info: 06 WRB
Originally Posted by Oh 4 panda
Okay so I shall continue since I am on my laptop now

Like I was saying, I think it would be a great idea if we are able to stamp people's hands at the entrance, while at the same time providing them with a ticket for food. That way, we are able to make sure everyone pays the entry fee as well as make sure people don't try to get free food. So the benefit here is, if someone wants food, they have to show the stamp on their hand as well as provide the ticket in exchange for food

A car show is always fun to have. Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition and it's always great when we are able to see the hard work put into all of the cars.

Also, I think it would be great if we are able to be around everyone's cars. Everyone would like to show off their pride & joy so I think it would be awesome if this can happen.

I think as far as activities go, we should have:

1. Tag football
2. 3-legged race
3. Tug-o-war
4. Water-gun/Water balloon fight
(lol)
5. Volleyball (If we do the beach thing)
6. Pie/Hot dog eating contest w/ no hands
7. Car show
8. We can do one huge obstacle course splitting people into different teams (sorry I have a vision which only makes sense in my head LOL. For example, the whole theme will be tag football working our way up to the next player so we can do a 3-legged race and then tag the next person and do a run through some tires to tag the next person then have that person jump rope to the next person and then that last person has to run to the table where a pie will await them and whoever finishes first wins lol) The whole point is that I figured it would be great to get everyone to work together as a team while at the same time we can all have some fun, whether you're participating or just watching. I think this would be very entertaining.
9. Talent contest (i know, this one is a bit far-fetched but WHY NOT?! haha)
10. Tribute to I-club members with whom we've lost.

This is all I have as far as ideas right now.

I can also contribute with baking if needed. Cookies? Brownies? iderno.. let me know if I can do anything to help make this happen. I really hope someone likes my ideas cuz that's what I wanted to do since last year but unfortunately was not able to do.

P.S. please do not bash my ideas.
I like all these ideas, well put and sound like lots of fun everyone in any age can do.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
You know what? One more VERY IMPORTANT thing that I've been asking for year after year after year:

NAMETAGS for EVERYONE, please.

If we can connect screen names to faces (and subsequently real names as well), it would make it much easier to break the ice and get socialization going IMHO.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE nametags for all!
Old 06-14-2010, 07:26 PM

Car Info: '14 Odyssey & '13 Prius
Originally Posted by choku dori
you know what? One more very important thing that i've been asking for year after year after year:

Nametags for everyone, please.

If we can connect screen names to faces (and subsequently real names as well), it would make it much easier to break the ice and get socialization going imho.

Please please please please please please please nametags for all!
++1
Old 06-14-2010, 07:27 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Originally Posted by Choku Dori
You know what? One more VERY IMPORTANT thing that I've been asking for year after year after year:

NAMETAGS for EVERYONE, please.

If we can connect screen names to faces (and subsequently real names as well), it would make it much easier to break the ice and get socialization going IMHO.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE nametags for all!
Ill supply some nametags for the event.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:30 PM

Car Info: DGM BRZ
Cool. Mine is pretty simple. I'm sure people will know my screen name. But nametags does seem like a great idea. It's weird going in and learning people's names without knowing their screen name.

Quick Reply: I need some ideas and people that will make them happen (BAM X)