I need a lawyer! Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 02:42 PM

Car Info: 2003 Silver WRX Sedan, 1982 Corvette Collectors Ed.
I need a lawyer! Suggestions?

Hey guys,

State Farm who insures the *** who hit me, just called and said they are not going to follow my statements, the wittness statements, and the police report which places him at fault, and are not going to pay my bills (auto repair or medical), because they believe their insured that it's not his fault - he claims he was hit and the dude ran.

So I have to break my life long policy of not taking people to court, and I am going to sue him for the car repairs and medical bills (although I am not done with physical therapy for another 3 weeks).

Anyone know a good accident lawyer that will takes cases without up front money and only takes a percentage of the final decision?

Thanks for your help.

--Robb
Old 11-21-2003, 02:46 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
Bill Gagen
Danville, CA
925-837-0858
Old 11-21-2003, 02:49 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Your insurance company should be fighting for you if you guys cannot come to the conclusion of who was actually at fault.
Talk to them before taking it to court.

-Zoeb
Old 11-21-2003, 03:02 PM

Car Info: 2003 Silver WRX Sedan, 1982 Corvette Collectors Ed.
Originally posted by 02BlackWRX
Your insurance company should be fighting for you if you guys cannot come to the conclusion of who was actually at fault.
Talk to them before taking it to court.

-Zoeb
They have offered to pay for the car damages, and then fight to get it from State Farm. As for the medical they said there is nothing they can do about it right now because they do not believe tht there was another party involved and the guy who hit me is at fault.

As for them paying for my car, thats great, but not the route I wish to take. I would rather have a check from State farm for several reasons. There are repairs I want to do differently than will be done at a shop such as, instead of replacing the stock/aftermarket that was on in the accident say, such as my billet grill, I want an STi grill - same price but I dont think the shop is gunna go for it.
Old 11-21-2003, 03:18 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
should be able to do it. it's the same as if you choose to not fix the car, but have insurance company cut you the check for the amount it takes for the repair. and you spend that money however you want. don't have a lawyer name for you, but good luck! i hope you win. these people need to learn the hard way!

Originally posted by robb
such as my billet grill, I want an STi grill - same price but I dont think the shop is gunna go for it.