I need help with my tattoo concept, attention artists (Marc, GilT, etc?_

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I need help with my tattoo concept, attention artists (Marc, GilT, etc?_

If there's one thing I wish I could do/be, it would be to be able to draw/be an artist. I have so much respect for the great artists out there... You lucky bastages!

So here's the deal, I want to get a white ink tattoo done (don't lecture me on the white ink, I think its awesome as hell and thats why Im getting it)... Nothing big or fancy... Was thinking of 4x4" at the maximum... so 4x4" or smaller. I have a few ideas about it in my head but since I suck so badly at drawing/art, its been very difficult for me to start a design, this is where you guys come in handy, that is if you're willing to help, I know some of you get off on this sort of stuff and I'd REALLY appreciate it.

There are a few things I'd like, and I'll list them:

1. Gun of some sort, perhaps in mid-fire with the slide cocked back with a bullet coming out...

I don't want it to be super realistic, I want to add a bit of flavor to the design... You artsy folks are good at this, I however suck the ***** of a donkey... I was thinking that the bullet exiting the gun could have wings or something like that. I'd of course want you to add you artistic flavor to it, what I just described is the absolute BARE minimum... just a concept to work with. If you're not feeling that concept, another one that I've been thinking of:

1. Since I've been wanting a barcode tattoo for a while, I thought about getting one on my forearm, but that wouldn't be very exciting... So I started thinking... I pictured an eye with a barcode as a pupil instead of the standard pupil. It would be very subtle but the concept would be very cool in my opinion. I'd love to see what you artistic guys/gals could come up with based off those concepts.

You're all welcome to do anything you want if you think I'll like it... I'm open to new ideas. Any help is GREATLY appreciated, and if I choose your design I'll send you a priority box exchange box with random stuff in it.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:51 PM

My friend suggested this concept which I think is pretty bad ***:

"or what about a silhouette of the statue of liberty with an AK held above her head instead of a torch?"

I have a tattoo already that represents Germany and Croatia (where Im from) but I have nothing for the USA, so that tattoo would complete me.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:57 PM

I was really looking forward to the eye with barcode pupil... Seems that no one wants to help out no matter where I look/ask.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:15 PM

Car Info: Subaru WRX 08
born in croatia? or germany? whod you cheer for when they played soccer? :P
im croatian as well, born and raised.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by thaSicness
born in croatia? or germany? whod you cheer for when they played soccer? :P
im croatian as well, born and raised.
I'm 100% Croatian but I was born and raised in Germany and now I live in CA.

Here's the tattoo on my back:

Zivili Hrvatska!
Old 08-10-2008, 06:56 PM

Car Info: '02 silver WRX sedan
Probably something totally different than what you're looking for, but your description of the eye tattoo made me think of the book "Jennifer Government."

Here's a pic of the cover - thought you might want to see it just in case it has some elements you like...

I'm a pretty good illustrator/Photoshopper but I am just starting a new web project, in Chinese - I'm going to be a little overwhelmed for a bit. When I get a moment I'll try to Photoshop a couple ideas for you.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:32 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by brucelee
My friend suggested this concept which I think is pretty bad ***:

"or what about a silhouette of the statue of liberty with an AK held above her head instead of a torch?"

I have a tattoo already that represents Germany and Croatia (where Im from) but I have nothing for the USA, so that tattoo would complete me.
I have a hoodie like this I can try and take a photo of. Statue of Liberty in white on a black hoodie holding a pistol over her head. I'll take a photo of it when I get home.

You could do that and add an AR or AK over her shoulder. Something american would be appropriate though. Are MP4's american?
Old 08-11-2008, 09:33 AM
General Pimpin'

I'm 100% Croatian but I was born and raised in Germany and now I live in CA.

Here's the tattoo on my back:

Zivili Hrvatska!
I was watching croatia on some sport I'd never seen before at 3am on sat night. Its like lacrosse with no poles. 2 lines for scoring. Have to pass every 3 steps I think. You croatians are F'in HUGE! Shortest guy on the team was like 6'4"
Old 08-11-2008, 09:42 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
If there's one thing I wish I could do/be, it would be to be able to draw/be an artist. I have so much respect for the great artists out there... You lucky bastages!

So here's the deal, I want to get a white ink tattoo done (don't lecture me on the white ink, I think its awesome as hell and thats why Im getting it)... Nothing big or fancy... Was thinking of 4x4" at the maximum... so 4x4" or smaller. I have a few ideas about it in my head but since I suck so badly at drawing/art, its been very difficult for me to start a design, this is where you guys come in handy, that is if you're willing to help, I know some of you get off on this sort of stuff and I'd REALLY appreciate it.

There are a few things I'd like, and I'll list them:

1. Gun of some sort, perhaps in mid-fire with the slide cocked back with a bullet coming out...

I don't want it to be super realistic, I want to add a bit of flavor to the design... You artsy folks are good at this, I however suck the ***** of a donkey... I was thinking that the bullet exiting the gun could have wings or something like that. I'd of course want you to add you artistic flavor to it, what I just described is the absolute BARE minimum... just a concept to work with. If you're not feeling that concept, another one that I've been thinking of:

1. Since I've been wanting a barcode tattoo for a while, I thought about getting one on my forearm, but that wouldn't be very exciting... So I started thinking... I pictured an eye with a barcode as a pupil instead of the standard pupil. It would be very subtle but the concept would be very cool in my opinion. I'd love to see what you artistic guys/gals could come up with based off those concepts.

You're all welcome to do anything you want if you think I'll like it... I'm open to new ideas. Any help is GREATLY appreciated, and if I choose your design I'll send you a priority box exchange box with random stuff in it.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:12 PM

Car Info: 07 Wrx
Would u like it sketched or digital. I got some time on my hands that should be used for drawing...Ill see what i can do. =) No promises.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:53 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I was watching croatia on some sport I'd never seen before at 3am on sat night. Its like lacrosse with no poles. 2 lines for scoring. Have to pass every 3 steps I think. You croatians are F'in HUGE! Shortest guy on the team was like 6'4"
haha, you havent met Daniel yet
Old 08-11-2008, 02:06 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by rau
haha, you havent met Daniel yet
WTF are you talking about?
Old 08-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Amazons Kick Ass

Car Info: 07 STi
Sounds like a cool concept..lol...
I have worked as a tattoo designer for about 5 years now [my ultimate goal in life is to be a comic book artist], I'm gonna play around with the design a bit...see what I come up with...I alreday have something in mind. *evil laugh*
Old 08-11-2008, 02:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
WTF are you talking about?
Apparently you're a noob.