I need help identifying a dash error light + seperate Access Port question

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 07:13 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Exclamation I need help identifying a dash error light + seperate Access Port question

Hey guys,

I need to identify one of the error lights on my dashboard (07 STi).

It's a green light that has two ovals and 3 lines coming out of each oval. At first I figured it was a "Light out" light since each oval + 3 lines looks like a lamp and I had a foglight out... I replaced the foglight but the dash light is still on 1,000 miles after the light change.

->O O<-

The above symbol is how the light looks (best I can do with keyboard). You can see the 3 lines, a circle/oval, then another circle/oval, then 3 more lines.

The lines are configured like the diagram I made above... One on top, one in the middle, and one on the bottom.

I was almost CERTAIN that it was a light telling me that I had a burned out bulb or something but the car is fine and nothing is malfunctioning except for my DCCD which was damaged in the accident.

Can anyone tell me what the light is and how to get rid of it? It's driving me NUTS!

QUESTION 2----------------

I picked a body shop and have to drop the car off soon, the sooner it get fixed the better... I have one question though... My car has an access port and is tuned, I was wondering if I should remove the AP while its in the shop since they don't have to fix anything mechanical except for the DCCD so they shouldn't need to use the ECU for anything. You think I should tell them that I have an AP and for them not to touch it? I figure if I mention it to them that they will know not to mess with it and can't steal it because I'll know.

If I take the AP off, can I just put it back on after the car gets fixed and then set it back to the tune I had done?

So in short, should I remove the AP while it's at the body shop?

Thanks for the help
Old 01-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
I think those green lights are telling you that your headlights are on.

At least that's what they mean in the 05 STi's
Old 01-13-2009, 08:15 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
^^^ Are you f'ing kidding me!?

I've sat here looking at that damn thing for 3-4k miles wondering why its on and thinking that something may be wrong on my car... Dash lights = an ERROR that the car is telling you about... Whenever there is a dash light it always means something bad, like check engine and such... Why on earth would they give you a dash error light for something like telling you that your headlights are on!? Yeah, the car has day time running lights, but who the hell would want a light telling you that your headlights are fully on?

Well, at least now I know whats going on with that light... It's still annoying though. I think I'm going to remove the gauge cluster and remove the bulb that illuminates that icon. Everyone always asks me what that light is too.. They see that Im in a brand new car and that it has a dash light on, and they think that something is wrong just like I did and so they ask what it is and I can't answer them... Well, I can now.

Now I just need some opinions on the AP now that the dash light question has been answered.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:31 PM

Car Info: 94 Integra beater: one Slow 3 Series RIP EvoX
yup headlights
I thought the same thing when I first got my Suby