I need a gun

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 11:48 AM

Car Info: 2007 silver STI
actually... i think the best solution would be to do what this guy did.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMtZfW2z9dw

pretty sure hes rich now...
Old 10-07-2010, 11:50 AM

Car Info: EQ Tuned * Corn Juiced '05 WRX
Originally Posted by gh0st shad0w
How did they enter your home? Through a window or door? Do you have an alarm system, a dog, gated entryways? Getting a gun is great but the first step in preventing a home invasion is fortifying your home properly. Plus if you have those things in place it'll alert you and slow them down giving you time to grab your gear.
Very true. Make an investment into a dropleg holster or a serpa hip holster. Look into some disposable flex ties (some military personell use these) or some disposable handcuffs (basically the same as flex ties but in the shape of handcuffs.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by MeshmeZ
actually... i think the best solution would be to do what this guy did.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMtZfW2z9dw

pretty sure hes rich now...

I can't believe they actually made money from that on itunes...lol
Old 10-07-2010, 12:04 PM

Car Info: 2007 silver STI
Originally Posted by DarkJuic3b0x
I can't believe they actually made money from that on itunes...lol
the sad thing is it sounds like an actual song...
Old 10-07-2010, 12:07 PM

Car Info: 2002 Black Subaru WRX Sedan Stage 2
Originally Posted by DarkJuic3b0x
Look into some disposable flex ties (some military personell use these) or some disposable handcuffs (basically the same as flex ties but in the shape of handcuffs.
Don't forget the ball gags, and the gimp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvG3x...eature=related
Old 10-07-2010, 12:17 PM

and a sandwich!
Old 10-07-2010, 12:29 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
My primary gun for defense is my Glock 21, which is a full size .45 which is more reliable than just about any other auto-loading pistol out there. I have fired 10's of thousands of rounds through this gun, and thousands of those was without cleaning it, hell, not even wiped down or anything. It shoot any common .45 round which means that you can use fragmenting/hollow points/etc. The felt recoil on the G21 is very light compared to other .45s that Ive shot.

Some people can't shoot Glocks worth a damn and thus they usually have ill to speak about the pistol, but there's a reason that almost every law enforcement agency uses some kind of Glock.

If I had to protect my home if I lived in an aprt complex, I'd use a shotgun with a very light load so that it doesn't go through walls like heavier loads would (Buckshot will go through A LOT of walls and shouldn't be used in a populous area, like an apartment complex, so if you do get a shotgun, use a light bird load and aim for center of mass... Also, the sound of someone racking a shotgun is enough to scare pretty much ANYONE so you might not even have to shoot it, lol... Im being serious too.

Rifles are NOT good self defense guns to use in a close quarter situation... Rifle rounds penetrate through walls like they are made of hot butter... So unless you want that, stay away from a rifle as your primary defense weapon.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:47 PM

Car Info: Reason
Originally Posted by brucelee
If I had to protect my home if I lived in an aprt complex, I'd use a shotgun with a very light load so that it doesn't go through walls like heavier loads would (Buckshot will go through A LOT of walls and shouldn't be used in a populous area, like an apartment complex, so if you do get a shotgun, use a light bird load and aim for center of mass... Also, the sound of someone racking a shotgun is enough to scare pretty much ANYONE so you might not even have to shoot it, lol... Im being serious too.
QFT. Someone in another gun thread tried to correct me on my use of #4 for home defense in my 12 gauge by saying buckshot was a better option. I didn't even bother trying to defend my stance, but now it's nice to see that someone agrees.

I sincerely hope I never fire a shot in anger, but I will reiterate all others in saying that being prepared to do so is as important as having said firearm in your possession.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:32 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
"SPORTS"...I remember that, good stuff, but if you've got someone shooting at you it's better to quickly I.D. the malfunction and then if applicable Tap Rack Bang! Push magazine into well, rack the charging handle, pull trigger and kill what's in front of you. Really though it's important to be able to identify the malfunction first and quickly. Was the magazine not seated and no round got fed? Did the shell not get ejected properly resulting in a double feed or stove pipe? In most cases Tap Rack Bang will work with just a couple of extra steps depending on what's wrong and get you back up and shooting in 5 seconds or less. Of course utilizing cover if available and assuming you don't have a pistol to immediately transition to.

Back to the O.P. A good old fashioned 870 pump would be your best bet. Super cheap, safe and VERY effective! Mount a super bright tac light on it and you're good to go. If someone busts into your home with a pistol, you've already won the arms race and you have home advantage. When you put that spot light in thier eyes you're already on target and if they're foolish enough to raise that pistol your way, well you've already won this fight...
Old 10-07-2010, 01:56 PM

Car Info: 2002 Black Subaru WRX Sedan Stage 2
Originally Posted by Chrisnonstop
Tap Rack Bang!
This **** brings me back... hahaha.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by HELLA
So about 2 weeks ago my parents and I became victims of a home invasion robbery. I used to be against having guns in my g house but having a gun pointed at my face in my own room and seeing a gun being pointed at my parents has changed my mind.

so I'm looking for advice anyone here know the steps I needed to take to obtain a gun permit and recommendations on a good affordable hand gun. Thanks in advance.
you may want to think about moving. Was watching Gangland on tv, this one gang did a home invasion robbery on this one house, robbed them, and got away successfully. The family moved. A couple months later, the gang went back to the house to rob it again, thinking that it would be an easy target. They didn't know that a new family moved in. That new family was shot and killed.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:27 PM

Car Info: Teh Subie
Originally Posted by HELLA
So about 2 weeks ago my parents and I became victims of a home invasion robbery. I used to be against having guns in my g house but having a gun pointed at my face in my own room and seeing a gun being pointed at my parents has changed my mind.

so I'm looking for advice anyone here know the steps I needed to take to obtain a gun permit and recommendations on a good affordable hand gun. Thanks in advance.
Sorry to hear that you were victimized in your own home. Sound like nobody was harmed , other than associated metal anguish & financial loss of the robbery.

That being said, assuming you did have a firearm when the incident occured:

Was there time enough to get your gun from its stash spot, remove the (hopefully equipped) safety lock, ammo check it, and get mentally prepared for the possibility of taking another mans life?

How will you be trained to prevent your own weapon from being taken & used on you?

Will those in the immediate vicinity posses all of the above too?

There's a lot higher price to pay if you are gonna go where you're seemingly headed.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Rat

Car Info: always changing...
Holy crap man! I'm really sorry this happened!

After you get a gun I suggest that you get one of my frontsight certificates and really learn how to use the gun you get for your and your families protection. Or, get the entire gun/gear kit if you still haven't gotten a gun. PM me if you want.

I haven't read all the responses yet but: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...5211202AAsHzg3
Old 10-07-2010, 04:33 PM

Car Info: 2015 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
im selling my AR15
Old 10-07-2010, 06:41 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by buzzword
QFT. Someone in another gun thread tried to correct me on my use of #4 for home defense in my 12 gauge by saying buckshot was a better option. I didn't even bother trying to defend my stance, but now it's nice to see that someone agrees.

I sincerely hope I never fire a shot in anger, but I will reiterate all others in saying that being prepared to do so is as important as having said firearm in your possession.
If I'm ever being attacked by some ducks in my home, I'll use birdshot. But for an intruder hopped up on drugs and armed with a gun of his own...I'll stick with the buckshot.

Quick Reply: I need a gun