I need a gun

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 09:56 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
While I respect your opinion, you are dead wrong; bad guy(s) come(s) into your house, you may kill them dead.
Yes, you'll be questioned by law enforcement, but that is a small price to pay for keeping your family alive.

And yes, people need LOTS of training when it comes to fire arms.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:01 AM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
While I respect your opinion, you are dead wrong; bad guy(s) come(s) into your house, you may kill them dead.
Yes, you'll be questioned by law enforcement, but that is a small price to pay for keeping your family alive.

And yes, people need LOTS of training when it comes to fire arms.
i-club semi-annual gun clinic meets?
Old 10-07-2010, 10:11 AM

Car Info: 2002 Black Subaru WRX Sedan Stage 2
Originally Posted by Alliedforces86
Yeah I'm with Paul. I put a little over 1k rounds through my M4 in a few hours when training in a ****ty desert in Iraq. No jams once so ever. And never had a jam in any enemy engagements either. Keep it clean yes, but they can hold their own.
Yeah. My **** didn't jam much either, because I cleaned it a ton. I'm just saying that because I used to work at the range on Okinawa, and that **** used to happen all the time to the M-16s because a lot of them don't get used that much. Our unit didn't get the newer ones yet, so that might have had something to do with it. Never shot an M-4.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:41 AM

Car Info: 03 WRX
Originally Posted by MeshmeZ
Im going to go against my better judgement and put in my 2 cents here... Let me start by saying I have no problem with guns. I have shot guns, and at some point will probably own them. they are great for hunting and target practice and whatever... in your situation though, chances are having a gun would have made the situation worse. its horrible what you and your family went through, and i wouldnt wish that on anyone, but you are all alive.. had you pulled a gun in that situation, it PROBABLY would have gotten ugly. ESPECIALLY if you didnt have EXTENSIVE training. not to mention the fact that YOU could have gotten in trouble for it. lets just for the sake of argument say you were able to shoot all the invaders... you might think "they came into MY house, im in the clear" the problem is, SOME lawyer SOMEWHERE will figure out a way to bring it back on you. if people can sue for spilling hot coffee in their own lap, and getting injured while breaking into someones house, you sure as hell can be held accountable for shooting someone. if you still feel the necessity to get a gun, as other people have suggested, i would go for a shotgun. its "safer" than a handgun, for the same reasons other people have stated.
So you're saying it's better to just roll over and let some punk ****s threaten you and your families life? I'll gladly put a few *******s in the ground in defense of my family and property and go through the legal headaches for it. That and you can pretty much be guaranteed that after that, no one would ever try to break into your house again.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:43 AM

Car Info: 2007 silver STI
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
bad guy(s) come(s) into your house, you may kill them dead.
while i agree this is how it should be... i dont think it is that cut and dry once you put it in the hands of lawyers... im not a lawywer though.. so i very well may be wrong.

regardless, that is assuming you are able to take them all out before they decide to shoot back... which isnt very likely.. which was my main point...
Old 10-07-2010, 10:46 AM

Car Info: EQ Tuned * Corn Juiced '05 WRX
Originally Posted by xdeathwishx
Yeah. My **** didn't jam much either, because I cleaned it a ton. I'm just saying that because I used to work at the range on Okinawa, and that **** used to happen all the time to the M-16s because a lot of them don't get used that much. Our unit didn't get the newer ones yet, so that might have had something to do with it. Never shot an M-4.

I think it was your other post and not this one, but yeah, you are right. An M4 isn't that much different than an M16, other than its collapsible buttstock. Minor differences, but not by a longshot. I don't believe any civvy range has ANY moving targets. They will not and do not allow moving targets or an imploding ammunition (or something of that sort). While they do allow silhouetted targets, they definitely don't allow moving (which if you think about it, makes sense but it would be nice to have). I think you were the one who said something about that...lol. If you want, we can meetup one day at a range and I can let you try my M4, it might be a bit heavier than the standard one because I have some mods on it thought. PM me and we'll set a meet up if you want.

To clear your jams OP, especially with a rifle, we learned a technique in ROTC called "SPORT(S)"..which stood for Safety (put the weapon on safe), Pull (pull the charging handle back), Observe (observe into the chamber and if applicable, clear the jam safely), Release (release the charging handle), Tap (tap the forward assist), Shoot (SHOOT THE MOTHERFRACKER! ) Obviously, in real life situations, you would need to do this behind cover and QUICKLY.

As for your AR jamming, any weapon will jam and has the ability to jam, it just depends on what you do wit the weapon. Clean it regularly (after you put rounds through it), but don't clean it everyday if you dont use it.

Meshmez, you know what's funny, I learned the other night from two friends of mine who is a cop and a technician for the county jail, they said that if someone tries to break into your house by climbing over your gate, onto your roof, falls off and breaks their arm in the process, they can sue you for that. Yeah, in judicial court you would win because that person was attempted burglary but in civil court, you would lose because you made it easily accessible to him to break in...it's ridiculous.

OP, I can't stress this enough, and I am sure everyone will agree with me...PRACTICE. Practice is key in anything you do in life, especially in this situation. Like I said before, TIME yourself to see how long if takes for you to draw out your weapon and be in the ready position WITH YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER..keep it outside of the trigger guard. Try this...if you ever purchase a handgun, make sure the weapon is unloaded and no round in the chamber, and practice in a safe place in your house after you've learned some techniques. As always, treat any weapon as if it were loaded.

Be forceful with your weapon and try to learn hand-to-hand combat if you can.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by DarkJuic3b0x
Meshmez, you know what's funny, I learned the other night from two friends of mine who is a cop and a technician for the county jail, they said that if someone tries to break into your house by climbing over your gate, onto your roof, falls off and breaks their arm in the process, they can sue you for that. Yeah, in judicial court you would win because that person was attempted burglary but in civil court, you would lose because you made it easily accessible to him to break in...it's ridiculous.
EXACTLY. it doesnt make sense... but thats the way it works... and that is just for them falling off a roof.. imagine if they were shot...
Old 10-07-2010, 10:57 AM

Yeah, I asked them about that too. I asked "Am I well within my rights to pull out my weapon on someone who breaks into/tries to break into my house?"

They said I very well am, and the cop said I should shoot the motherfracker dead...but he was a bit drunk...and so were we all...lol

They also said that you may very well have a loaded weapon pointed straight at them to defend yourself. The thing is, you MAY NOT open fire and/or kill them UNLESS you can truly justify your actions. Unless you can truly justify your reasons for shooting them, such as you truly believe your life and the life of innocent others were in imminent danger such as they turned their weapon and was aiming down the sight of their barrel towards you, or they were coming at you and you truly believe if you did not eliminate the threat, they would've caused great bodily harm to you or you considered all other options and there was truly no other way to resolve the situation....etc etc etc....you know, things like that.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:14 AM

Be forceful with your weapon and try to learn hand-to-hand combat if you can.
Judo FTW.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by xdeathwishx
judo ftw.

lol.

You wanna pray game?!
Old 10-07-2010, 11:23 AM

Worked for this dude... Hahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djdy_fhvZuM
Old 10-07-2010, 11:27 AM

THEY'RE ALL ASIAN, THEY ALL KNOW JUDO AND KUNG FU!
Old 10-07-2010, 11:27 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Bugeyed Autowagon
Is moving an option? After my house got ransacked and they took all the guns, we just moved.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:41 AM

Car Info: N/A
How did they enter your home? Through a window or door? Do you have an alarm system, a dog, gated entryways? Getting a gun is great but the first step in preventing a home invasion is fortifying your home properly. Plus if you have those things in place it'll alert you and slow them down giving you time to grab your gear.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:43 AM

Yeah, I asked them about that too. I asked "Am I well within my rights to pull out my weapon on someone who breaks into/tries to break into my house?"

They said I very well am, and the cop said I should shoot the motherfracker dead...but he was a bit drunk...and so were we all...lol

They also said that you may very well have a loaded weapon pointed straight at them to defend yourself. The thing is, you MAY NOT open fire and/or kill them UNLESS you can truly justify your actions. Unless you can truly justify your reasons for shooting them, such as you truly believe your life and the life of innocent others were in imminent danger such as they turned their weapon and was aiming down the sight of their barrel towards you, or they were coming at you and you truly believe if you did not eliminate the threat, they would've caused great bodily harm to you or you considered all other options and there was truly no other way to resolve the situation....etc etc etc....you know, things like that.
unfortunately this is why cops get injured now... they get shot while fiddling with their tasers, because there is so many hoops they have to jump through to fire the weapon..

its a difficult line.. on the one hand you dont want people (and cops) shooting people any time they feel like their MIGHT be danger. but on the other hand, people should be allowed to defend themselves. the problem is no matter what the situation is, someone will always be able to come up with a way to try to turn it back on you. i sure dont have a solution to it.

Quick Reply: I need a gun