I just had a great run...

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2002, 10:51 AM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
I just had a great run...

back on 17, up 9, across skyline, and down page mill. I dropped off my Carvin bass amp in Scotts Valley and headed back the fun way. God, that's fun. I don't know if there's anything I enjoy more than driving my car. Snowboarding is the only thing that comes close, but sometimes I think I should have been a racecar driver. The parents unfortunately would never approve of such a thing, but I can't really complain after all they have given me. It's just a bit frustrating.

Just out of curiosity, how do you become a driver on the WRC circuit? What are the backgrounds of those guys?
Old 12-29-2002, 11:04 AM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Re: I just had a great run...

Originally posted by Steppin Razor

Just out of curiosity, how do you become a driver on the WRC circuit? What are the backgrounds of those guys?
WRC is a somewhat closed society for Europeans, the only recent person going there from North America is Pat Richard from Canada, who is no doubt spending a lot of money for the privledge- as well as being Canadian Rally champion a time or two.

Far more accessible here stateside is SCCA performance rally, just sign up, get a car and go racin!
Old 12-29-2002, 01:17 PM

Re: I just had a great run...

Originally posted by Steppin Razor

Go to speedring and try out your driving skills first. If you are able to pull high 28's or low 29's per lap, then you I can safely say that you are a pretty good driver.

Start with that and if you can't even come close to those times, I am sorry to say that your chances of becoming a WRC driver is nil.