I got yelled at for going 25mph in a residential zone

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 11:03 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
I think it'd actually work better to just go up and pwn him in front of his buddy by saying you werent even speeding. If you rev and flip him off, he really will have something to complain about
Old 06-12-2006, 11:05 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
What really gets me is not only was I obeying the speed limit, but thus F*CKhead is in the MIDDLE OF THE STREET leaning on his friends car which is STOPPED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET.... which blocked an on coming car.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:08 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
people and their priorities......
Old 06-12-2006, 11:13 AM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
I used to get that going 15 mph when I had my HKS exhaust, and no one said anything about the soccer moms going 40+ in their suburbans.....
Old 06-12-2006, 11:13 AM

Car Info: 05 STi White v2 8cm FP Red
Goddamn regulators, we need to stop these people from doing this. If anyone encounters this again please make sure to slow down and ask the annoying **** if he is a police officer. When they say no then tell them its not their job to regulate others speed. Tell them that they are not trained to be able to spot what MPH cars are travelling at and that they should just go back in the house and sit down and pour themselves a nice big bowl of d1cks.

I HATE REGULATORS.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:34 AM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
I would go faster if someone yelled at me and I was doing the speed limit

In my neighboorhood nobody cares how fast you are going, but blowing stopsigns is the major automotive crime here... Even soccer moms do it (I surely don't, and want to throw something at the people I see do it)
Old 06-12-2006, 11:42 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: looking for a gc
i used to like popping fireballs in their faces.. haha
Old 06-12-2006, 11:56 AM

Car Info: N/A
Originally Posted by A.V.E.
when i had my old exhaust, apexi gt spec (loud *** hell) neighbors would hear me and say slow down.

i kinna liked the attention tho, plus little kids playing in the yard would stare and jock my car

-Ave

HAHAHA right on Ave nothing like having fans. The way I see it were doing Subaru a favor by recruiting future drivers
Old 06-12-2006, 12:03 PM

Car Info: 07 STI
My neighbors LOVED me this morning..I took off my catback to trade with someone 30mins away and I am going to drive the whole way with no catback =P.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:03 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Show them a picture of brucelee's gun collection, then go on your way. They'll never do anything but smile and wave from then on
Old 06-12-2006, 03:39 PM

I had some jackass jump out in front of me with his hand up and told me to slow down when I was doing 22 in a 25. Lame. About the only thing you can do is tell them Chuck Norris is your hero and ask him for his autograph for being a bad-*** vigilante like Chuck.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:59 PM
This Guy Can Hella Draw!

Car Info: '14 MBP FXT | '03 WW Evo VIII
Drive by them again. But do this instead: http://thedru.com/twelvetm/russianghost.wmv
Old 06-12-2006, 04:40 PM

Car Info: '09 accord, '14 2 seater chevy
Seems everyone has a nosey turd on their block, I have one too. After about 10 times of him *****ing at me while I was doing under the limit I started making it a point to do a soft launch right in front of his house. He laid low but pulled it on one of my friends not chosing to pick his words correctly, and now he never says a word to me. One of my friend was coming down the street in his catless Mk IV supra and bozo jumped out and yells, "SLOW DOWN YOU MONKEY" which he had said to me several times so it wasn't necessarily a racial remark. Weeellll, my friend is a 6'6" 270lb black guy that didn't take the remark quite as well I did. He stabs the brakes, jumps out of his car and starts having some polite words with my neighboar. My neighbor ran in his house and slammed the door My friend gets back in his car and I hear him tach up and sidestep it. I doubt he ever got over 25, but man did he leave a smoke cloud and some nice meat on the asphault.

I get it randomly too, I usually just tell them to blow me or a similar creative remark.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:54 PM

Car Info: civic
i used to get that all the time. Then i started yelling back telling them i'm under 25mph so stfu and i'd rev the car while coasting down the street.

They stopped
Old 06-12-2006, 06:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
on my road, which is a twisty back country road people yell from inside their cars. However, we have 3 main types of people. The first one is the people that are like "OH MY GOD A SLIGHT TURN I MUST BRAKE EVEN THOUGH I'M GOING 25-30 IN MY NICE MERCEDES!" Some SUV owners are in this group too, but they are the ones that actually SHOULD be going that slow. The middle group is what I'm actually in half the time, which is going a decent speed and taking the turns normally (which includes the correct speed, correct amount of braking or lack of braking, and staying on our side of the road). The third group is mainly suv owners that think they are in those small mercedes with good suspension that take turns WAY too fast and often cross with their car half way over the center line AROUND A BLIND CORNER. This is what pisses me off the most.

That being said, I dont always take every corner at the correct normal speed, but I never cross the line going around a blind corner.

My favorite encounter was the other day, I was behind this lady for the majority of my time on the road from my house to work (25ish minutes) and on the twisty road she was going about 20 in her jaguar s-type and braking so hard and so early that she had to take her foot off the brakes way before the turn to keep from coming to a complete stop. Once we got on the highway and into monterey she tailgated like no other. Once we got to the stop signs, she decided those were optional and flew right through both of the ones on our route without even slowing down. Her plates read "NANA JO"

Quick Reply: I got yelled at for going 25mph in a residential zone