I-club reported as an attack site

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 12:39 AM

Car Info: 03 WRX
Originally Posted by Robb M.
Hey everyone,

I can assure you that i-Club is not hosting anything malicious. What has happened is that photos were hosted on a site which was hacked. Those photos were embedded into a post here on i-Club, causing Google to flag us.

You can turn the warning off in your browser settings by turning off 'warn when visiting a fraudulent website'.

We have ensured the site is clean, and re-submitted to Google. This process can take hours, or up to a week. Please be patient, and rest assured we are doing everything we can to have the site deemed safe.

I will post an update the moment we get notice that Google has re-scanned the site.

cheers,
robb
WOAH, did you really just suggest that people turn OFF the fradulent website warning? Let me clear this up. DO NOT TURN THAT OFF IN YOUR SETTINGS. Just click that you understand and continue in. That feature is there for a reason, to protect you from getting pwnt and your box rootkitted. That's like telling someone to turn off their anti-virus because it keeps throwing up virus warnings. Educate yourself, do not turn off your safety devices!!!!
Old 10-16-2010, 01:54 AM

Car Info: 2002 Black Subaru WRX Sedan Stage 2
Originally Posted by Amandyke
WOAH, did you really just suggest that people turn OFF the fradulent website warning? Let me clear this up. DO NOT TURN THAT OFF IN YOUR SETTINGS. Just click that you understand and continue in. That feature is there for a reason, to protect you from getting pwnt and your box rootkitted. That's like telling someone to turn off their anti-virus because it keeps throwing up virus warnings. Educate yourself, do not turn off your safety devices!!!!
But if you're just going to say "understand" and enter at every site it warns you about, it's effectively off anyway. If you're like me and only visit pretty much the same trusted sites all the time, I don't see anything wrong with it. I'll ignore it every time anyway.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:08 AM
Administrator Emeritus

That was a suggestion for I-Club only at this time and AFTER the IB techs had worked the problem and found the cause. I have confidence the membership of I-Club understands the risk of turning off browser warnings.

With malware and viruses at a all time high across the web, a prudent surfer will use stand alone antivirus to back up a browsers 'broad' warning brush. I use Webroot Security Essentials which is updated every hour and rated the highest in effectiveness (this week). There were no flags in neither real time nor deep level scans of my computers as a result of downloading I-Club content. Hopefully Google will not take a week to rescan the site. Thanks.

Bob..
Old 10-16-2010, 09:00 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by Krinkov
lol indeed. Like saying "My check engine light keeps going off, so I disconnected the light, problem solved!"

ya seriously, its much better to use a browser like Firefox or chrome that will warn you of possible problems than run IE
Yea other than the fact that...

1)IE8 and up have the same protections the other web browsers have.
2)Firefox and chrome use NON INDUSTRY STANDARD coding. Don't believe me, hit some of the SSL based web systems like sharepoint portals.

I checked up on this problem, it looks like i-club got flagged for some bad scripting and not any kind of popup. *edit* looks like I was right, I love being right.

Last edited by Overbear; 10-16-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:05 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
*sigh* people who do not understand computers, web code, and basic net processing should not post up.

The setting is not necessary at all if you have your security settings set up right. Any smart user will have "do not load content" turned on. With that turned on no program can load.

Oh and all this "OMG you will get rootkitted" is just scare tactics. Only 1 in every 50 viruses can rootkit, and there is no known way for spyware/malware to do a rootkit install...unless you click "yes" on the content warning...or are a ****ing idiot and have content download block turned off.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:18 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
This thread makes me lol. OH NOSE!! teh iclub tried to hAcK mAh sYsTeM

CALL ZERO COOL!!!!

I blame the gibson!
Old 10-16-2010, 10:09 AM

Car Info: DGM 2011 WRX
Originally Posted by soggynoodles
This thread makes me lol. OH NOSE!! teh iclub tried to hAcK mAh sYsTeM

CALL ZERO COOL!!!!

I blame the gibson!
The iframe that contained malware was there and could've been injected using Vbulletin, there have been vbulletin vulnerabilities in the past that make that a reasonable assumption.

It was just whatever ad site is being used to generate revenue that got hacked and their iframe was corrupted causing the issue. There was malware present and it has now been fixed, hence why I edited my posts to simply say "Fixed" as to not confuse anyone.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:26 AM

Car Info: 2002 Black Subaru WRX Sedan Stage 2
CALL ZERO COOL!!!!
Old 10-16-2010, 01:25 PM

Car Info: On 2 wheels
Glad its nothing serious. Was getting tired of mobile view back to the pc
Old 10-16-2010, 02:36 PM

CALL ZERO COOL!!!!

I blame the gibson!
Hack th3 PlaneT!
Old 10-16-2010, 04:13 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
www.northamericanmotoring.com is getting the same warning, this must be something going around
Old 10-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by Krinkov
www.northamericanmotoring.com is getting the same warning, this must be something going around
Like that one hot chick that swears it's her first time.

!@#!@$!#!!
Old 10-16-2010, 07:24 PM

Car Info: 2021 Ascent
thankfully i'm not the only one.... thought i was too much **** again..
Old 10-16-2010, 09:50 PM

Car Info: 2011 STI Sedan
Originally Posted by Overbear
2)Firefox and chrome use NON INDUSTRY STANDARD coding. Don't believe me, hit some of the SSL based web systems like sharepoint portals.
icksplain pleeze...
Old 10-16-2010, 10:21 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
CALL ZERO COOL!!!!

I blame the gibson!
looks like the pool on the roof sprung a leak

Quick Reply: I-club reported as an attack site