I Am Legend!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 10:04 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by ldivinag
they got off manhattan 'island" since they were going to vermont, not new jersey.

as for nevelle, it seems that he is a medical doctor in the army. or a medical researcher.

Yeah, but that doesn't make any sense... why would they shoot missiles into two bridges and not the rest that make it an island? I mean, what's the point?

Also, how do you describe the temp thing? NY gets A LOT of snow and is cold as hell... how does the virus survive? Me thinks they should have had him do the movie in LA and not NY...
Old 12-16-2007, 10:05 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

they were not zombies.

more of a vampire like creatures...
Old 12-16-2007, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by ldivinag
they were not zombies.

more of a vampire like creatures...
yeah, I know what they were... but they were still Zombie-like.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:42 PM

Car Info: 07 STI
Originally Posted by StupidDent
saw it last night... thought it was pretty cool... except some stupid girl kept on talking next to me and some lady wouldn't take the baby out when the baby started crying...
Omg tell me about it.. we got stuck next to some DUMB**** 12-13 year olds who had to give each other a play-by-play of the movie. They were stupid as hell too... they got completely lost when smith had a flashback, actually it was pretty funny listening to their idiocy.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:50 PM

Car Info: 2005 Forester X
I agree with a lot of this. I just got out of the film. The book was set in LA and I think they should have kept that. I don't think the trap was too far fetch, the same guy that put his head out the door was after him for his wife or daughter or what ever she was to him. He saw the trap Robert left and copied it. They should have ended the movie like the book as well. He died but didn't cure anything. It wasn't as entertaining as I had hoped. Oh well! The new batman looks sick though! I enjoyed the first one a lot. Oh! the dog had to die, it dies in the book after 1 week; it was sick from day one.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:23 AM

Car Info: 06 Impreza
i liked it =)
Old 12-17-2007, 12:41 AM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Originally Posted by brucelee
Meh, I saw it and didn't care too much about it... Those zombies were far too fake, am I alone here? That was a HIGH BUDGET film you'd think they'd make the CG a little more realistic... thing looks like something that could have come out of 1995. They did a good job with the new york backdrop and props, thats for sure.

The ending was weak... his reaction to seeing those other folks there is totally different than I had hoped for...

Also, that trap that they made for him where they replaced that mannequin, which in turn made it so the dog had to die... Who made that trap? Everyone was saying the Zombies made that trap but they aren't smart enough to do that... There is NO WAY the zombies made that trap... they should have made them a little more intelligent to begin with if they were going to pass that off... The Zombie in the movie were like 1 thought-mindless drones who would seek human blood, not smart beings that were capable of setting such a brilliant trap! I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I saw that as waaaaay too far fetched... The other thing is that we were thinking is that he set the trap himself but forgot about it because his mind was going insane and pwn3d himself? That would make more logical sense than the dumb *** zombies doing it.

Overall, very meh!
Like someone said they weren't zombies. So thats why you didn't see any rotting flesh or zombie movement.

As for the trap, the dark seekers leader was the one that laid it. Imitated the one Smith laid down. He saw Fred was moved and went crazy for a bit because he always thought the creatures were not capable of such a thing.

As the movie progresses you start to learn that they actually have some sort of social structure.

I know everything might not be believable but you have to remember its a movie. I'm sure hitman had some unbelievable scenes.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:35 AM

Car Info: 06 Impreza
^^+1 Al
Old 12-17-2007, 08:32 AM

Car Info: 05 330i ZHP, 02 ES300, 85 MR2 SC
Saw it yesterday with my wife and were disappointed with the ending but a pretty entertaining movie altogether.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al

I know everything might not be believable but you have to remember its a movie. I'm sure hitman had some unbelievable scenes.

I hear on you the fact that it was a movie, but I just hoped that for such a large budget film that they would have put a little more effort into the dark seekers (They looked like rejects from the Mummy films), like make them more realistic looking and spent a little more time showing that they had more of a social infastructure like you said... So we would have thought that they were just mindless zombies from 28 days later like they made them out to be... in the book it goes way more into detail to explain how they worked and their mentality... I dunno, I guess I just expected a little more after I hyped this movie up to myself because the previews were awesome and really made me look forward to it... I think this the the fate of all movies, no matter how good they are, if they are hyped up to a certain level and they don't meet you super-high expectations you'll never be satisfied... Know what I mean? *shrugs*
Also, I agree with you that it should have been held in LA like the orginal.

Another thing, I would have booked the hell out of downtown NY! Why stay in a place that has so many damn dark seekers? I'd go to a remote town in the dessert or in the mountains or something where the population is very low, and then I'd go around killing all of them like he did in the book so they couldn't pose a threat to me and my doggy... Just seems like common sense, no? Guess it wouldn't have made as an exciting movie though...

In regards to the hitman comment... If you ever played the games, the movie was DEAD on and copied the games to the T which was awesome for someone like me who is REALLY die hard into the games... Needless to say I've seen it 4 times so far, and that's saying A LOT since I never really watch movies unless they really catch my imagination, and even then I never watch a movie more than once... I'm VERY happy with the way they directed Hitman the movie... I was very afraid that they would stray away from the game and add a bunch of hollywood crap, I mean they did add a little bit of hollywood crap, but it's to be expected so it appeals to a wider audience. Probably the most entertaining film I've seen in YEARS... Not saying it was the best film, but on an entertaining level, it was a 10/10 for me (Thats a personal opinion as I am a die hard Hitman fan)
Old 12-17-2007, 08:37 AM

Let me also mention that the dog dying scene had even me drawn in and on the verge of tears (almost) and I never get affected by sad movie scenes... The scene where he is driving after the dog died and looks over at his passenger seat was like the most heart wrenching scene I've seen in a long *** time.

<- Huge animal lover, especially dogs.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:49 AM

Car Info: 05 330i ZHP, 02 ES300, 85 MR2 SC
Let me also mention that the dog dying scene had even me drawn in and on the verge of tears (almost) and I never get affected by sad movie scenes... The scene where he is driving after the dog died and looks over at his passenger seat was like the most heart wrenching scene I've seen in a long *** time.

<- Huge animal lover, especially dogs.
Ditto, that brought back too much reality to me. Having to hold your dog of 13 years while they put them to sleep then seeing that part was difficult.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by av98
Ditto, that brought back too much reality to me. Having to hold your dog of 13 years while they put them to sleep then seeing that part was difficult.
Yeah, same here... I think that's why the scene really got to me because it hit far too close to home and I couldn't stop thinking of my doggy Chester that passed away... The sad thing is, I wasn't affected (nor am I ever) by humans dying, however, as soon as a dog dies I'm always all sad...
Old 12-17-2007, 09:50 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 STi
Having never read the book, I thought the movie was a lot of fun. I do realize it's nothing like the book though. Another movie I can think of that's nothing like the book, and with huge gaps, is Forrest Gump. If you've ever read the book, you'd know that Tom Hanks is nothing like the book version; but the movie and the book are great in their own regards.

Last edited by Onizuka; 12-17-2007 at 10:10 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:23 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx
Originally Posted by brucelee
I totally agree with everything you said... I was wondering how the boy and girl got off the Island... Did they take a boat and then take a different car? That seems to be the only logical thing I can think of.
i don't think that they found a boat and drove in a different car because the ford truck they they drove had all the crap that will smith put on the other truck.

Quick Reply: I Am Legend!