I Am Legend!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 01:52 AM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Originally Posted by RU-X
okay then, how would you interpret how the girl and boy got off the island of Manhattan when the bridges were blown out? if the virus can't stand cold then are they around during the winter? NY gets really cold

i'm not trying to start anything, it's silly to do so on this subject. the movie wasn't a long movie, it could of been 2 hours if need be and it wouldn't seem long because the movie was enjoyable. the lack of explanation on details get really distracting when you think back about the movie.
which boy and girl do you speak of?
Old 12-16-2007, 02:13 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 wrx WRBlue ~v34 sold/ 05evo MR ^_^
Great movie... Anyone notice the Superman+Batman billboard?
Old 12-16-2007, 02:41 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx
^^^haha yeah i saw that....
Old 12-16-2007, 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by Lurk
They made some technical errors in the movie as well. Like how the reticle for his ACOG scope is not even the correct one for that optic (maybe that's why he can't shoot?).

But yeah, it's a movie. Just watch it and enjoy it. Why read so much into something that's made for entertainment?
yeah, it's not a bad movie, i say.. B movie. but the errors in the details are very distracting and makes you believe less... even if its unlikely. good movies catch you attention, great movies make you believe

Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al
which boy and girl do you speak of?
the 2 that live at the end

Last edited by RU-X; 12-16-2007 at 02:45 AM.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:37 AM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

they got off manhattan 'island" since they were going to vermont, not new jersey.

as for nevelle, it seems that he is a medical doctor in the army. or a medical researcher.

did you notice his picture on the fridge. it was on a cover of TIME magazine with the word SAVIOR?, so it looks like in the 3 years since the annoucement at the beginning of the movie, that he was the main guy or the only guy to find the cure.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07 Car
awesome movie
Old 12-16-2007, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by ldivinag
they got off manhattan 'island" since they were going to vermont, not new jersey.
so... manhattan isn't an island?
Old 12-16-2007, 01:37 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

no... google maps the place and you'll see..
Old 12-16-2007, 02:29 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhattan

but wiki says it's an island.....

Old 12-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
saw it last night... thought it was pretty cool... except some stupid girl kept on talking next to me and some lady wouldn't take the baby out when the baby started crying...
Old 12-16-2007, 08:37 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
just saw it, it was hella cool. had some things that were a little weird, but overall it was a very entertaining movie. heart was beating hard the whole time
Old 12-16-2007, 09:07 PM

Car Info: SGM 135i
i like the part where he chases after sam(the dog), and he's scared to hell. It's one thing to act sad, but to be able to be afraid like that is really impressive.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:09 PM

i thought the part where he was yelling at Fred was pretty entertaining... "FRED! WHAT ARE YOU DOING OUT HERE?!?! FRED U BETTER TELL ME IF YOUR REAL!"
Old 12-16-2007, 09:43 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Meh, I saw it and didn't care too much about it... Those zombies were far too fake, am I alone here? That was a HIGH BUDGET film you'd think they'd make the CG a little more realistic... thing looks like something that could have come out of 1995. They did a good job with the new york backdrop and props, thats for sure.

The ending was weak... his reaction to seeing those other folks there is totally different than I had hoped for...

Also, that trap that they made for him where they replaced that mannequin, which in turn made it so the dog had to die... Who made that trap? Everyone was saying the Zombies made that trap but they aren't smart enough to do that... There is NO WAY the zombies made that trap... they should have made them a little more intelligent to begin with if they were going to pass that off... The Zombie in the movie were like 1 thought-mindless drones who would seek human blood, not smart beings that were capable of setting such a brilliant trap! I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I saw that as waaaaay too far fetched... The other thing is that we were thinking is that he set the trap himself but forgot about it because his mind was going insane and pwn3d himself? That would make more logical sense than the dumb *** zombies doing it.

Overall, very meh!
Old 12-16-2007, 09:58 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by RU-X
okay then, how would you interpret how the girl and boy got off the island of Manhattan when the bridges were blown out? if the virus can't stand cold then are they around during the winter? NY gets really cold

i'm not trying to start anything, it's silly to do so on this subject. the movie wasn't a long movie, it could of been 2 hours if need be and it wouldn't seem long because the movie was enjoyable. the lack of explanation on details get really distracting when you think back about the movie.
I totally agree with everything you said... I was wondering how the boy and girl got off the Island... Did they take a boat and then take a different car? That seems to be the only logical thing I can think of.

Quick Reply: I Am Legend!