I Am Legend!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 06:14 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by Krinkov
me too, hope it ends like the book!

heh, yeah oddly enough, thats just how the book ends too!
Wow, they already wrote a book based on this movie? Cool!
Old 12-14-2007, 09:20 PM

Car Info: 07 STI
Just got back from seeing it and overall it was awesome! The movie really drew me in, was really intense and also was sad enough to make my gf cry =P. The one thing I didn't like too much was the ending though..it also did remind me of 28 days later, except better.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:16 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx
i didn't think the movie was that great... wasn't bad... i feel that the movie needed to explain more crap.... why is dude with the mike vic dogs the pimp master? why did the people do the things they did? what do they do? why is he working on medical stuff when hes a corneal? why can't he shoot? why is are the dogs the way the are? what's that water he pours around? are they smart? stupid? why did dude hella go after him? how are they super strong? can kill them self by slamming their head on the floor but yet can slam their body to brake stuff and not die? etc....

maybe i'll read the book. does the book go into more information about stuff?

edit: errr i guess the movie is only loosely based on the book.... too bad

Last edited by RU-X; 12-15-2007 at 01:40 AM.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:00 AM

Car Info: SGM 135i
seems like u went on a rant. If they went into all of that, the movie would've been wait to long. It's not the directors fault that the average attention span of an american is 5 seconds.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:37 AM

Car Info: 2005 Forester X
Originally Posted by RU-X
i didn't think the movie was that great... wasn't bad... i feel that the movie needed to explain more crap.... why is dude with the mike vic dogs the pimp master? why did the people do the things they did? what do they do? why is he working on medical stuff when hes a corneal? why can't he shoot? why is are the dogs the way the are? what's that water he pours around? are they smart? stupid? why did dude hella go after him? how are they super strong? can kill them self by slamming their head on the floor but yet can slam their body to brake stuff and not die? etc....

If you PM me I can tell you why what and who did this or that. I'd say it here but I rather not spoil things for people. The books usually do a better job of explaining things. I wouldn't mind a longer movie if it helped the story along but the other guy was right, it's not hollywoods fault we have some short attention span. You guys probably won't even finish my post. Oh and head damage compared to body damage is always much worse. You could get shot in the lung and die slower than getting shot in the head.

Originally Posted by BrokenArrow..
I just finished watching this movie. I liked it! Some similarities with Charlston Heston's movie Omega man. I like the modern version better.
It should have a lot of similarities being they are both made from the 50's book that shares the title "I am Legend". For those of you that know the ending of the movie; think about what he did and how it ends and the title makes sense. As they are to us he is to them; he is legend.

It sounds like it's a fun movie and I'm stoked to go see it soon.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:46 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com

vinegar ftw!

I never touched the book but i pieced everything together and understood what was going on. Are you really serious about not getting anything?
Old 12-15-2007, 02:52 PM

i get the story and everything its the details that are at question for me.

i feel that as a movie or story teller you can't just throw things out there for people to interpret with out ANY guidance. yeah, i can come up with explanation on things but it would never be proven right... so whats the point of guessing what right when right will never be given.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:56 PM

Car Info: '08 cadillac cts
Thats for you to interpret. Great movie, very visually pleasing. With the exception of the "zombies." The books good too, way more crazy. By no means is it film of the year, but it was definitely very entertaining.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:02 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.2L
Good movie, but wasn't really satisfied for some reason.

There were good points in the movie, such as those instances where zombies just pop out of nowhere, loud sounds, etc.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:12 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by dSpec
Good movie, but wasn't really satisfied for some reason.

There were good points in the movie, such as those instances where zombies just pop out of nowhere, loud sounds, etc.

"loud sounds", I love when they put that in movies too!
Old 12-16-2007, 12:43 AM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top

What's a corneal?
Old 12-16-2007, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Tdub
Thats for you to interpret. Great movie, very visually pleasing. With the exception of the "zombies." The books good too, way more crazy. By no means is it film of the year, but it was definitely very entertaining.
okay then, how would you interpret how the girl and boy got off the island of Manhattan when the bridges were blown out? if the virus can't stand cold then are they around during the winter? NY gets really cold

i'm not trying to start anything, it's silly to do so on this subject. the movie wasn't a long movie, it could of been 2 hours if need be and it wouldn't seem long because the movie was enjoyable. the lack of explanation on details get really distracting when you think back about the movie.

JUST WAtCHEd@

gREAT MOVIE! very enjoyable. Might not make all the sense if you go back and break every little piece down. All i gotta say is WILL SMITH and Samantha is the sHIzat!!!

colonel*
Old 12-16-2007, 01:39 AM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
They made some technical errors in the movie as well. Like how the reticle for his ACOG scope is not even the correct one for that optic (maybe that's why he can't shoot?).

But yeah, it's a movie. Just watch it and enjoy it. Why read so much into something that's made for entertainment?

Quick Reply: I Am Legend!