"I am the 1%, lets talk"

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 07:59 PM

Car Info: Hybrid
If we had more of an bi-partisan atmosphere in the House of Representatives and Senate our once glorious nation could actually be more powerful economically, thus creating more jobs. However, currently the Republicans and Democrats are at a stalemate and cannot agree on anything, hence cannot balance the budget etc.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:01 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by NSM
It sucks when greed has become evil. Greed built this great nation. Greed governed by rational and enforced laws will bring us out of this recession. Those who think greed is evil need to rethink and better articulate their arguments.

I built a company that employed 150 people before I sold it. I didn't build it to make the world a better place. I built it to provide security for my family. I paid good wages and my folks were happy. I also paid half of my income to the state and federal government.

When the 99% comes knocking they can kiss my tailpipe.
You are confusing Greed with Profit Motive. Slightly different, basically the same.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:03 PM

Car Info: Hybrid
I for one support intelligent discussions.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:55 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by SubyWrxGuy
This movement is still in it's infancy, therefore, the protesters are still defining their arguments. As time goes on their grounds for discussion will become more clear. However, currently most of the protesters are ill informed and having incorrect misconceptions about government policy and capitalism. It's unfortunate that the federal government bailed out failing businesses, this is just poor capitalism. They should be angry that white collar individuals got away with "ponzi schemes" and we're never formally imprisoned or filed charges against their illegal manipulation of people's money. The real crime at stake is that all branches of government are bought out by lobbyists from big corporations and are paid ear marks for the creation of policy and legislature that benefits their economic growth and greed.
This is the best post you've ever made

+respect
Old 10-28-2011, 12:14 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Originally Posted by irrational x
...i wasnt going to say anything...
**** I wasn't going to say anything.....
Old 10-28-2011, 09:27 AM

Car Info: subaru legacy, 01 4eat
Originally Posted by SubyWrxGuy
If we had more of an bi-partisan atmosphere in the House of Representatives and Senate our once glorious nation could actually be more powerful economically, thus creating more jobs. However, currently the Republicans and Democrats are at a stalemate and cannot agree on anything, hence cannot balance the budget etc.
The reason they won't agree on anything and keep broadcasting about a .government shutdown is because they want to make the populous FEAR a shutdown. I'm fairly ****ing certain we could run for at least a year without .gov's assistance, we just wouldn't pay any taxes, truckers would still move produce, produce would still grow at farms.

Lots of essential services would shut down which would suck, but for the most part we wouldn't even notice a difference, at least those of us in teh country .

In any case, the retards in congress and the house want the population scared, because anyone who offers stability and safety then becomes the 'good guy you can trust' which wins votes.

We are a nation based on the 'open party system' which has been taken over by the super rich and mutated in to this 'be in one of 2 parties or be called an anarchist' bull****.

/rant
Old 10-28-2011, 09:34 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
Originally Posted by psoper
What surprised me was that Schiff has been very critical of economic policy for several years, he is probably more sympathetic to the root complaints of the OWS movement than most of the rest of the "1%", but in this case he brings himself down by arguing non-issues with someone who is clearly not the most informed on these matters herself.

People should spend more time looking at Schiff's other discussions- and considering what he has to say, he is a pretty smart guy.
He called the mortgage crisis YEARS ago. Schiff and Ron Paul should be working together in office.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:10 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by evsoul
He called the mortgage crisis YEARS ago. Schiff and Ron Paul should be working together in office.
The fat bureaucrats won't get paid enough, hence why they'll never get anywhere close to the seats.

So much political corruption. I was listening to Schiff and how he was campaigning for a spot in his state...

Somehow during the whole shibang, at a place where all the other runners were running with some open hall. All the videos show of other candidates, but somehow the "audio/video" went wrong on Schiff's few minutes up on the screen in front of hundreds if not thousands?

This **** is so mobbed up to the top of the white house it's amazing that our government hasn't been classified as a mafia yet. So far so good in world domination.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:49 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Anyone that is a "99%'er" and is not working, sacrificing, putting off, etc in order to move towards The 1% group has no one to blame but themselves.

Blaming others and feeling sorry for yourself is a sign of person weakness.

I agree. Those people are ridiculous. If they want everyone to make the same amount of money why don't they go form a communist country somewhere.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:57 PM

Car Info: San Remo Red '05 WRX
I'm for trying out the liberal way of things for say.... 20 years.
Give complete control to the left.
Watch how quickly we diminish as a nation.
or,
Give complete control to the right.
Watch the nation again, go up in flames.

All the government should actually be doing is making laws involving social matters and regulations to keep society in balance.

They have been interfering with our economy so much so, that we have been in an economic downward spiral now for years.

If the corporations couldn't pay off the government officials, then what?
It is like being pulled over for a speeding ticket and offering the cop a blow job.
Either he is going to accept the bribe, or decline.
Our government officials have been accepting the bribes.
Occupy Wallstreet SHOULD be Occupy D.C.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:00 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by Teagleye
Occupy Wallstreet SHOULD be Invade & Occupy D.C.
Yes...yes, it should...
Old 10-28-2011, 06:18 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
but the thing is, corporate money has already so badly corrupted DC that they have written the laws to legalize the corporate and political crimes, I'm not saying DC isn't guilty- the politicians are (most of them anyway) guilty as hell, but the system has been manipulated and re-constructed so the lobbying (read-graft and bribery) is in fact legal, it's how they get elected and re-elected, and re-elected...

Enough politicians recognized this to be a problem that they passed legislation that would have limited corporate funding of federal elections, which of course was challenged by the corporations... and the Supreme Court's ruling last year that corporations have the same rights as people overturned those restrictions and really is the frosting on their cake.

In the end, I don't think you can complain about the state of affairs in DC without recognizing Wall Streets complicity in the whole mess anymore than the OWS people should (or do) ignore the corruption in DC- they are just taking their complaints to the people who fund the mess, since it is clear to anyone paying attention that the people simply do not have representation in Congress anymore, instead it is the corporations that do, and they are running the show.

And it isn't all corporations that are inherently evil, but enough of them that are "too big to fail" are not helping this nation, they are actively destroying it.