Humboldt County thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 03:16 PM

Car Info: Fast
I just go to Les Schwab in Fortuna. One of the techs (an older guy) knows what he is doing, and one of the other guys is a friend of mine, so we work together to get my car dialed. For $80 I cannot complain.

Knowing what specs you want is the best way to get what you want. If they tell you that they only do OE spec alignments and not performance alignments, go somewhere else. Usually they say that because lots of negative camber can affect toe as well as cause increased tire wear.

I used to go to Old Town Wheel and Brake (accross from Eureka Dennys), but the old ****sucker that owns the place is a thief. Their guy screwed up my rear camber specs, and he expected me to pay to fix their mistake when the service invoice clearly stated the specs, and the alignment sheet said that I did not receive what I was paying for. Avoid that place like the plague.

Otherwise try Eureka Les Schwab. Talk to AJ, the manager, and let him know you want a performance alignment with custom specs. he is a good guy and should make sure you are taken care of.

If you are back in the bay area there are plenty of good, inexpensive places. That would have been the best bet, and it would have avoided any tire wear caused by driving all the way back up here. I went through a set of tires in 2500 miles because I did not get my front alignment done after a camber bolt install...an install where I was EXTREMLY careful not to change any toe settings.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:54 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Alignment will have to wait...

I hate this ****ing county and every mother ****er in it, especially if they drive red four door sedans! What the **** is this bull ****?! I'm parallel parked 6 inches from the curb for twenty god damn minutes! What the ****?!

Name:  SDC11208.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  62.0 KB
Old 03-24-2010, 10:45 PM

Damn dude...that sucks. Damn. Happen to get a make and model, or a license number? Physical description of the occupants? Not for the cops, but for some real ****ing retribution Humboldt style.

Hopefully you are fully covered.

But, um, you do know that my new Subie is a red 4 door sedan right?
Old 03-24-2010, 10:47 PM

Oh, and that craigslist listing is awesome. Sorry to get humor out of your situation, but I call it how it is.

http://humboldt.craigslist.org/mis/1660229735.html
Old 03-24-2010, 10:49 PM

The neighbors across the way said they saw a red four door drive off. Windows were cracked and heard someone say "I think you hit it." Humor is my way of dealing with stuff and I'll still be laughing when I meet the person who did it.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:52 PM

Car Info: EQ tuned limited 06 WRB wagon
Originally Posted by aboothman
Damn dude...that sucks. Damn. Happen to get a make and model, or a license number? Physical description of the occupants? Not for the cops, but for some real ****ing retribution Humboldt style.

Hopefully you are fully covered.

But, um, you do know that my new Subie is a red 4 door sedan right?
whoohoo, Humboldt style retribution! Lets go beat up every red sedan we can find! Let's start in Fortuna
Old 03-24-2010, 10:54 PM

Slow down there cowboy...lets make that every Red sedan with silver paint on the bumper!!

Hey, at least they managed to ONLY hit the door from what I can see in that pic.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:56 PM

It looked like just the door. I think I would have cried if they took out that entire rear wheel/strut. Yay new koni's and springs...
Old 03-25-2010, 07:19 AM

Konis eh? Nice...what springs?

I managed to shove Konis into my 05 STi front housings. It was quite the gratifying project.

Now I have an extra set of WRX strut housings, so the L is getting Konis and Ground Control sleeves
Old 03-25-2010, 09:19 AM

RCE blacks
Old 03-25-2010, 04:23 PM

Car Info: 02' JDM STi Ver. 7/8 Conversion
Sorry to hear about the hit and run, hope you find them and get some sort of settlement! btw I have a few things for sale if any were interested.

IHI VF37 Twinscroll Wastegate Actuator
https://www.i-club.com/forums/subaru-oem-parts-sale-57/fs-norcal-ihi-vf37-twinscroll-wastegate-actuator-217093/

JDM STi VERSION 8 VF37 TWINSCROLL DOWNPIPE STILL CATTED
https://www.i-club.com/forums/subaru-oem-parts-sale-57/jdm-sti-version-8-vf37-twinscroll-downpipe-still-catted-great-deal-210368/

JDM STi Version 8 Steering Column (whats left)
https://www.i-club.com/forums/subaru-oem-parts-sale-57/fs-norcal-jdm-sti-version-8-steering-column-good-deal-217092/

AGV XR-2 Race Helmet Car or Bike Cheap
https://www.i-club.com/forums/misc-items-sale-100/fs-ca-agv-xr-2-race-helmet-car-bike-cheap-used-209492/

Great Condition 02' WRX Black Painted Front Brakes Calipers+Pads
https://www.i-club.com/forums/subaru-oem-parts-sale-57/fs-norcal-great-condition-02-wrx-black-painted-front-brakes-calipers-pads-217091/

JDM STi Version 7 Rear Seats Great Condition!
https://www.i-club.com/forums/subaru-oem-parts-sale-57/fs-norcal-jdm-sti-version-7-rear-seats-great-condition-217088/
Old 03-28-2010, 11:32 AM

Car Info: 07 2.5i SE OBP
Hey everyone.....Cruz n Eureka is doing a poker run this year....anyone want to go?

Its in september....

Cruzneureka.org
Old 03-28-2010, 12:47 PM

I'd be down to go and support or just mill about. My car isn't exactly the show off worthy. My paint is crap. My rims are curbed to ****.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:25 PM

Car Info: 07 2.5i SE OBP
Originally Posted by SomethingClassy
I'd be down to go and support or just mill about. My car isn't exactly the show off worthy. My paint is crap. My rims are curbed to ****.
Ya dude same here......but I'm not really into the show car suby crowd....I just want to do the cruise and represent subaru with you all.

Edit...maybe we should get our cars really really muddy and dirty and then show up for the cruise hahahhaha
Old 03-28-2010, 03:49 PM

lol. I'll definitely put it on the calendar. I have to say that even your car is more flashy and show worthy than mine. The blacked out effect is nice and at least all your paint matches.

Quick Reply: Humboldt County thread