Humboldt County thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 06:03 PM

Car Info: EQ tuned limited 06 WRB wagon
Hope all are doing well up here in Humboldt-land, what with this crazy rain and a nice little earthquake.

Adam-good stuff, hope its up and running soon!
Old 01-19-2010, 08:56 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
It sounds like all of Northern California is getting dumped on. I keep seeing a spiffy looking black sti with mudflaps rolling around Arcata. He doesn't like to wave...makes me sad.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:22 AM

Car Info: 07 2.5i SE OBP
Hello everyone, my name is forrest, and I live in mckinleyville. I drive a modified 07 2.5i. (black on black on black. I have been looking for subaru's around here and haven't seen too many. I am interested in organizing a suby cruise. I also autocross but I haven't in some time now....I am more interested in finding a place around here to rallycross in the winter.

Last edited by Ragnarok; 01-23-2010 at 10:27 AM. Reason: added pic of my car
Old 01-23-2010, 11:42 AM

A cruise would be awesome. There are plenty of eligible roads out here and I'd love a more organized i-club community, possibly with regular meets. The trouble with Humboldt is that EVERYONE drives a subaru and there are heaps of WRXs. What's difficult is distinguishing the 'enthusiasts' from the regular drivers. Probably doesn't help that my bug eye looks way stock.

Good luck with searching for places to kick around in the dirt. I know there are several logging roads out there but I'm unsure as to the legality of their use.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:45 AM

Roads? we don't need roads!! just a big muddy field!

Everyone drives a Subaru but maybe only 10% of them are modified....thats what I consider an enthusiast. and looking stock is good keeps the pigs off your back!

Regular meets YES....where? and how do we get the word out?
Old 01-23-2010, 11:50 AM

Good questions. I'd love the answers

I'm sure Marit would definitely be interested. There are 2 or 3 modded STIs that I see around campus. I could try dropping a note and hope they find this thread. There are a few guys with DirtyImpreza stickers but I have no idea who they are on site or how active they are.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:56 AM

okay ya I know theres a guy at hsu with a blue sti he lives here in mck....there is a 07 silver wrx here in mck....I seen the guy with the black sleeper sti with mud flaps...i seen a 07 black wrx with mudflaps that lives in eureka....I can't think of any others..im sure that there is though...

I say we get as many cars as possible and set up a monthly cruise or meet to find new subies.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:02 PM

It's just a matter of getting in contact with people. I threw up a post on DirtyImpreza, maybe we can look forward to setting up a date and location in the next week or so and see who shows up. Small start is better than no start.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:29 PM

I had a group called humboldt subaru on myspace...I recruited a lot of people and planned a highway cruise down in ferndale but got almost zero response....it would have been sweet...but I canceled the myspace thing now and use facebook.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:42 PM

Should consider putting up a FB group. I requested a batch of "Spotted!" cards that may help as well. Even getting a solid group of 5-6 cars would be sweet .

http://www.dirtyimpreza.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=9226
Old 01-23-2010, 05:47 PM

Car Info: Fast
Most of the heavily modded Subies are down this way (Fortuna/Rio Dell). Once I get a new front 02 sensor in I can make it down to GST for a tune...and then I can actually drive this monster haha.

And then the L/RS will be purchased...and then swapped
Old 01-23-2010, 08:35 PM

I'm down for a little meet and then a drive. My next few weeks are pretty swamped before the wedding, but I'll do my best to make it to something if we can get a few folks together! Sounds like fun!!! We can always head out to Petrolia and take the Rio Dell way to get out there, there are some nice dirt roads if you head out to Petrolia taking that route...you just have to be careful of angry farmers who run you off the road if you take pictures of their cattle (true story)...
Old 01-23-2010, 08:55 PM

Car Info: Fast
Ya the Wildcat out of Ferndale is a nasty road...heading towards the Mattole from Dyerville Grove and then heading towards the Shelter Cove road is a nicer route.

Click HERE

Of course driving the SoHum roads depends heavily on their current condition.
Here is a route I have always liked

Click HERE

I know enough disreputable people out in Petrolia to know to avoid private roads...even this time of year haha.

SO what is this about a wedding? I cannot believe I said the W word
Old 01-23-2010, 10:05 PM

Both drives would be fun, although maybe a little hairball in this weather...and yep, I'm joining the dark side and getting married next month
Old 01-24-2010, 12:56 AM

Car Info: AW '04 WRX Wagon w/JDM STi drivetrain swap
Talking

Heck, I wish I'd thought to check for this thread before heading up that way back in May of last year. I ran some of those roads out to the coast (Mattole Road out of Fortuna). Check out the pics... my friend was riding shotgun with the camera, but didn't really get a hell of a lot of good pics from my perspective. I have a windshield mount for the camera now, so video next time. I'll check back here for dates/times. Although I'd be coming up from Yuba City, the drive was worth it last time, so I'd be down to do it again. In maybe a month or 2 I should have a full JDM 6-speed swapped in & the rest of my exhaust upgraded & AP flashed, so I'll need a test trip like that to break it all in.

Quick Reply: Humboldt County thread