Humboldt County thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 09:40 PM

Car Info: Fast
Shortcuts that take longer, every time

The service manual is making more and more sense all the time!

so WTF is everyone else doing these days?
Old 12-28-2008, 02:48 PM

Car Info: EQ tuned limited 06 WRB wagon
Originally Posted by aboothman
so WTF is everyone else doing these days?
Ummm, being generally awesome?

So hey, what are everyone's new years plans? Anyone feel like doing something 'non-traditional' and taking a drive to ring in the new year? My soob and D90 need to stretch their legs! Plus I can now confidently say that after 3 weeks of being newly single, I am friggin' SICK of the bar scene already.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:22 PM

Car Info: '05 WRX STi
Originally Posted by Marit
Ummm, being generally awesome?

So hey, what are everyone's new years plans? Anyone feel like doing something 'non-traditional' and taking a drive to ring in the new year? My soob and D90 need to stretch their legs! Plus I can now confidently say that after 3 weeks of being newly single, I am friggin' SICK of the bar scene already.
Sorry to hear about the new status. You will find it is better that way. Take it as a time to be selfish and get to know you and what you like. The bar is NOT a place to find anyone cool. Steer clear!
Old 12-29-2008, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Never Slip'N'
Sorry to hear about the new status. You will find it is better that way. Take it as a time to be selfish and get to know you and what you like. The bar is NOT a place to find anyone cool. Steer clear!
Thanks for the advice and kind words! Definitely no apologies on the new status-it was my choice and I'm happy with it, even though its kinda weird sometimes! And oh man, no way...totally not trying to meet anyone at the bars, but I don't know; isn't that what newly single girls do? Go to bars with their other newly single gf's, then get annoyed when drunken morons hit on them? Anyways, all damn good advice, thanks again!
Old 12-29-2008, 06:44 PM

^^ Did you see Adam and I in the 300 C Class pimpin today or what. Dumb **** domestics.....
Old 12-29-2008, 08:07 PM

ok so I should be good to go with my upgrade plan. Internal WG is being welded by Matt. Got the Hondata IM gaskets on the way from Speed Element. Gst is shipping my EWG setup and my TVG's to gut and port. All gaskets should be here tomorrow. Going to throw my ss brake lines and ss clutch line too while we are messing around. Oh and a real oil feed line, braided ss line FTW!

Thanks for helping me wrench Adam, we got that IM off in like 30 or less. We are getting better!

Can't wait for this biotch to scream (like it wasn't fast enough. Oh yeah ordered my rear fender flares too, no more ghetto after I rolled my fenders and broke those clips. DOH! $200 l8r
Old 12-29-2008, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Never Slip'N'
^^ Did you see Adam and I in the 300 C Class pimpin today or what. Dumb **** domestics.....
Yeah, at first I was like ummm, I dunno who the hell that is, and why are they waving at me? Took me a second! What were you guys doing in that car anyways? I actually thought it as a Dodge Magnum Uhhh as you can see Marit is really on the up and up with her knowledge of domestic vehicles...
Old 12-30-2008, 12:46 AM

Haha I was in the car and did not know what it was, but it would be a pretty sick car for long trips and such.

On a related and sad note, it sounds like Speed Element burned down today (yesterday now). There is a thread about it in Bay area.

But ya dude, we busted that out. Now for the brake lines, clutch line, etc.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:25 AM

Speed ELement called me and said my order was going out, they just didn't have the silver Moteki lugs so I got black again. Damn Les Schwab all to hell.

Got all the screws but one on butterfly valves just wanted to strip. Time to go buy a decent drill. Now I need one set of gaskets where the IM meets the TVG's. DOH!

In other news it's sunny. I got a server job I need to go do @ 10a but should be done by noon or one. My ATE is in so I will go get that now. time for those ss clutch and brake lines. Happy day!
Old 12-30-2008, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Marit
Yeah, at first I was like ummm, I dunno who the hell that is, and why are they waving at me? Took me a second! What were you guys doing in that car anyways? I actually thought it as a Dodge Magnum Uhhh as you can see Marit is really on the up and up with her knowledge of domestic vehicles...
Got to switch up the rides (mine is down and the guts ripped out.) Even though it is a domestic it is pretty pimpy
Old 12-30-2008, 09:45 AM

ya you are lucky. I am about to rip the struts, hubs, and rear diff out of my ride...but I have no backup

If you do not feel like buying a drill, I have one that we could use.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by aboothman
ya you are lucky. I am about to rip the struts, hubs, and rear diff out of my ride...but I have no backup

If you do not feel like buying a drill, I have one that we could use.
Do you mind helping me today if you have all that work to do on your car? A drill would save me some much needed cash. Want to hook up @ 1 and I will buy you l unch and we can get all dirty on my POS. LOL.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:40 AM

Ya dude, NP. I should have all the hubs and axles torn out within the hour. I will save the rear diff for later

Just head on down whenever you are ready to rock.

Hoping to hear back from S&H today...he said he would try and squeeze me in, but it may be mid to late week. Oh well, I still have work to do. Need to finish gutting and painting the rear struts, then swap over the Koni inserts, and finish swapping everything over.

NEED TO TAKE PICTURES
Old 12-30-2008, 09:56 PM

Got the ss brake and clutch lines in today. Gutted the TVG's and bypassed the coolant to the IM. Uppipe and EWG got shipped today. Only thing that is gonna hold us up is the throttle body gasket, the TVG to IM gaskets and the ss oil feed line.

Maybe by some stroke of luck it will get here Friday and Adam and I can pull off a small miracle. Should be beastly once we get it down to GST for tunning. Hopefully it will be Sat.

Oh yeah got to get my TVG's to the Machine shop to have the holes plugged too. What a project that turned out as an oil return line leak from the turbo. LOL
Old 12-31-2008, 07:39 PM

ok, getting the Dominator 3 and just finally finishing this bs. Just got done painting my IC pipes, blowthrough, TIAL BOV, and my Intake manifold all black (IC piping was already black). After the last coat and a good 20 mins in the oven the IM paint is starting to crinkle like stock. Oh yeah Adam and I did my ss brake and clutch lines to. This thing is going to be retarded fast.

Quick Reply: Humboldt County thread