Humboldt County thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 11:31 PM

Car Info: EQ tuned limited 06 WRB wagon
^^^^ JK of course
Hey, the first time I ever came to Humboldt I got basically 'shook down' by a Fortuna cop! The friendly city my ****!
Old 08-06-2008, 11:42 PM

Car Info: Fast
Ya, you have to tell the "friendly City" cops to **** off before they leave you alone

Nice pics...did you find any "magic" shrooms?

Fortuckan accent? How is this for Fortuckan...**** y'all!! :P
Old 08-06-2008, 11:53 PM

yeah, when the cop was satisfied it wasn't going to be a major bust (or even minor, for that matter) he took off. Jerk.
No magic mushrooms on that trip-those grow in other areas
Be safe out there, k Adam?

P.S. Why the hell is no one ever on AIM here?
P.P.S. Fortucky...hehehe

Last edited by Marit; 08-06-2008 at 11:55 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:15 PM

Car Info: 2008 Red Alert Nissan Titan
The only mushrooms I can identify are "horn of plenty" / "black trumpet", almost a black chantrelle... they taste wonderful. Don't trust myself to find much else, but chantrelles are easy I guess. I've only ever picked them this last winter while surveying however. Don't have any pictures, but you can find em online... you have quite a pick there!
Old 08-07-2008, 10:19 PM

Car Info: 2008 Red Alert Nissan Titan
Phew... i got out of a 110-in-a-65 ticket at a court date today, got the ticket 4.5 years ago! ... lucky me. If any of you fight a ticket and get Judge John Morrison, abandon hope, all ye who enter here... that guy was joking with the cops (at the expense of the defendants), handed out license suspensions whenever allowed, prompted the cops with "help" when they couldn't remember facts of each case, had no mercy whatsoever for ANY of the defendants... I only got out because the CHP who stopped me was transferred out of the area and didn't bother to write in testimony... I think they call his type a "hanging judge".
Old 08-07-2008, 10:33 PM

that is a long *** time ago!!

Ya judge morrison is a dick. I remember his name from the days when my dad was trying to setup a racing league for kids in Humboldt. Total ****.

glad it all came out all right!!

On my end, I have a few extra days off. We were on the way to the Plumas National Forest (East of Chico) and two of my bosses, who were in the same vehicle (Driver and Codriver), nodded off and totaled the truck into a tree. Luckily they are fine, but the truck is trashed.

So they want us to slow down for a couple days and mitigate fatigue and all that other ****. Unfortunately, our wallets suffer in the mean time. Oh well, gotta do what it takes to stay safe right?
Old 08-09-2008, 02:22 PM

Car Info: '05 WRX STi
Well the RAIDERS took the 9'ers last night, LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!

Went to GST to pay the homies a visit and get my fill of race cars. BTW there is a new stock location turbo going in my car now, DAMN MIKE! Lol. He was nice enough to let me park my car there so I didn't have to leave it @ BART or worse the coliseum. Man if I lived down there those guys would never be rid of me!
Old 08-17-2008, 10:16 AM

so WTF is everyone up to?

I did some digging on stock location 30r turbos recommended/sold by GST, and this is what I found:

ATP Turbo GT30R Series Bolt-On Turbo

If you know me, then you know that I have to know!!

Anyway, I may have just picked up an 06 STI 6 speed. Not a full swap, but the important parts. I should have everything I need collected by now....oh crap, except for a diff controller!! I am going to get one of these, pretty sick controller:

Dual Mode DCCD controller, with OEM *****

Anyway, I should be around until Tuesday. Later!!
Old 08-17-2008, 10:23 AM

Almost forgot, I need to sell some S**T now lol. If anyone wants a manual boost controller, I have a sick one. It is the Halman Evolution RX. It has a cable that you run inside the car for on the fly adjustment. Realistically, it is nice for not popping your hood to change boost settings. It takes a little more effort to fine tune with the cable than the regular Halman RX, but it is a nice feature. This is pretty much the best MBC you can get...highly recommended by several tuners, as long as you understand the risks of bypassing your ECU controlled boost control.

To avoid the downsides of an MBC, check out this thread on running dual boost controllers using this one and the GM 3 port:

Dual Boost Controllers

It has the ceramic ball for quick response, and it has the heavy spring installed for 10+ psi. Humboldt special of $100 picked up.

I also have a set of RE-92 (stock WRX) tires. Good for light driving, and cheap tires for selling your car lol. They are all about 7/32. They are siped by Les Schwab, so you get a little better grip in low traction situations such as ice, rain and snow. Would like to get $100 for all 4, but I will accept offers.

2 2006 WRX TR front seats in good condition. Adjustable headrest...basically same seats as later model RS. Side airbags, etc. Would like to get $100 each.

Last edited by aboothman; 08-17-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:56 PM

Jestem totay! (aka 'I'm here') Just came back from Poland-er, I mean Chicago! (My hometown and where all the fam lives.) Man do I wanna move back! Also was in Canadia, eh? Had a good trip and caught a ton of fish in Canada, but now it's nice to be back in Humboldt. How's everyone doing? This is the last week of my vacation before school starts, so if anyone wants to take a drive I would LOVE (and need) to blow off some steam! I really like that road out to Petrolia-anyone down to go all the way out to the coast?
Here are some belated pics as promised of one of my favorite parts of the road in Petrolia, and a few pics of my stock but sexy soob Hope everyone is well!
Name:  8-8-2008-15.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  109.7 KB
Name:  8-8-2008-13.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  91.0 KB
Name:  8-8-2008-12.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  125.6 KB
Old 08-17-2008, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Seranin
The only mushrooms I can identify are "horn of plenty" / "black trumpet", almost a black chantrelle... they taste wonderful. Don't trust myself to find much else, but chantrelles are easy I guess. I've only ever picked them this last winter while surveying however. Don't have any pictures, but you can find em online... you have quite a pick there!

Thanks! It was a great winter. Mushroom picking has definitely become one of my favorite parts of living in this area. I picked a ton of black trumpets last year, those are some delicous mushrooms and really easy to identify. My dog actually sniffs them out now which is pretty cute, but you have to pull him off the mushrooms once he finds them or he tears them apart! Chantrelles are somewhat easy, but they do bear a resemblance to Jack o Lanterns-particularly when wet-which are super poisonous. I've also picked maple caps/candy caps, which are also hard to identify since they look a whole lot like your average LBM. I've picked boletes as well and they're plentiful out here, but not the tastiest mushroom in my opinion. Too slimy, require peeling, and they stain your clothes!
Old 08-17-2008, 10:55 PM

I would love to go for a drive, but I cannot due to my 2 hour callback to work. Since an hour and a half of that is driving, that does not really leave me any time for being out of cell range.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:33 PM

^^^Very understandable, another time!
How have things been going out there? Seems like it's died down from what I can tell. When I flew over almost two weeks ago and again today, it seemed to be a lot more clear than the last time I flew over in late June. The air definitely feels cleaner, that's for sure!
Good luck getting rid of some of those parts btw! Wish I could help you out (and the wagon wishes I'd help her out, too ) but with all the traveling I've been doing I'm broke!
Old 08-20-2008, 07:02 PM

Car Info: '05 WRX STi
Just got back from Lake Havasu and Phoenix. Now I am running around like a chicken with my head off! Too many girls too little time
Old 08-21-2008, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Never Slip'N'
Too many girls too little time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD8AFbD2mmE

Quick Reply: Humboldt County thread