Humboldt County thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 09:43 AM

Car Info: '05 WRX STi
Originally Posted by Marit
Okay so seriously, Humboldt County is pissing me off right now. Apparently the advertisers for today changed a bunch of crap around, just got back to the people holding the event this week, and my teammate just informed me of this change today The event isn't even going to be held in Fortuna, apparently Fireman's Park is in Rio Dell, plus the judging doesn't even start until early evening. Coals go on at 4. Sorry for the mix-ups!
Sounds like a Humboldt County event. Making plans for events over bong hits is never a good idea
Old 08-01-2008, 09:46 AM

Car Info: EQ tuned limited 06 WRB wagon
Originally Posted by Never Slip'N'
Sounds like a Humboldt County event. Making plans for events over bong hits is never a good idea
Seriously! "Dude, I have the best idea...wait, what were we talking about again?"
Old 08-01-2008, 02:57 PM

Car Info: 2003 sy wrx
well i just got my car finished mods are
v7 heads/ 2.5 08 sti sb
fp green
800cc injector
aem pulley
perrin inlet
big maf intake
tgv deletes
custom catless exhaust
megan coilovers
hotckis sway kit
rota 17'' gold
aps blowoff
turboxs fmic black
jdm projectors/hid
vis cf hood non scoop
wings west body kit
soon meth!!!
Old 08-01-2008, 03:00 PM

oh and i will be the only yellow sedan
Old 08-01-2008, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by yellow03 rex
well i just got my car finished mods are
v7 heads/ 2.5 08 sti sb
fp green
800cc injector
aem pulley
perrin inlet
big maf intake
tgv deletes
custom catless exhaust
megan coilovers
hotckis sway kit
rota 17'' gold
aps blowoff
turboxs fmic black
jdm projectors/hid
vis cf hood non scoop
wings west body kit
soon meth!!!
Sounds like quite the car. We might have to race since I have the smaller turbo.

FP 20G 8cm w/porting.
TIAL BOV
Built block w/ JE 100mm Forged Pistons
JE Pro Fit Rings
ARP Hardened Head Studs
Race Balanced Crank
Cosworth Rod Bearings
Injen Cross Pipe w/Porting to the stock ends
Perrin FMIC
Perrin Blow Thru-MAF
Perrin Modified 816cc Injectors
GST Turbo Inlet with cone filter intake
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
Apexi AVC-R EBC
Cobb AP 2.0 w/116 map
GReddy Catch Can
1 Step Colder Denso Iridiums
Lightweight Crank Pulley
Cosworth Solid Motor and Tranny Mounts
ACT 6 Puck Unsprung Clutch with stock Flywheel
KW Variant 3 Coilovers with Camber Plates
Stop Tech Slotted Rotors with RS4 Carbon Cermaic Pads
SS Brake Lines
Cusco Strut Bar
11lb battery

I am sure I missed some stuff but oh well.

Anyways this bugeye sounds sick and I want to peep it when you get into town and settle.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:50 PM

hey no worries i'll let you know when i get there i did miss some stuff also like interior and such
Old 08-01-2008, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by yellow03 rex
hey no worries i'll let you know when i get there i did miss some stuff also like interior and such

Cool man stay in touch. I didn't include any of my interior/exterior mods either. Most my stuff is stock WRX pieces like the entire interior, WRX hood scoop, WRX side skirts, and WRX trunk lid. I think I forgot all of my exhaust too! Lol.

See you when you get here, and we got some SIACK roads to test your suspension setup
Old 08-02-2008, 12:26 AM

I saw the yellow wagon today on 101 N coming into Eureka! Appeared to be an older gentleman driving it.
BTW, the event today was super wacked out and redneck but it was pretty fun (especially after I got a few rum and cokes in me ) We won best ribs and got a cheesy plaque, but that was about it. Oh well!
Old 08-02-2008, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Marit
I saw the yellow wagon today on 101 N coming into Eureka! Appeared to be an older gentleman driving it.
BTW, the event today was super wacked out and redneck but it was pretty fun (especially after I got a few rum and cokes in me ) We won best ribs and got a cheesy plaque, but that was about it. Oh well!
Glad you had a good time, sorry I didn't make it down. Just couldn't make time stop yesterday as hard as I tried. Redneck in Rio Dell? Naw.....

I remember the first time I came to Humboldt 10 yrs ago from the bay area. My "tour guide" pointed to Rio Dell as we were passing and said, "when the give Humboldt County and enema Rio Dell is where they stick the hose!" Still love that line. Congratz on the best rib award!
Old 08-04-2008, 03:51 PM

Car Info: Fast
I am back until Thursday morning...*pauses for applause* ok ok, I am flattered really

So did the Yellow WRX Wagon have a front bumper missing? I think it may be a dude from the Carolinas that works where I do. Not a fire dude, but a Biologist I think. The bumper was off it today, I assume they smacked a dear or something.

Anyway, I have a few projects going down, but hit me up if you guys want to hang or drive. My cell is 707-498-6956.

I just discovered a super, super sick series of roads. It is an ALL day drive, about 400 miles, but check it out. Some of the sickest, and smoothest roads in the north state. Not to mention some killer hiking and fishing if you are into that. And, of course, some beautiful wilderness.

Highway 36/ 3/ 96 Trip

Where the **** is Jason at anyway?
Old 08-04-2008, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Never Slip'N'
Glad you had a good time, sorry I didn't make it down. Just couldn't make time stop yesterday as hard as I tried. Redneck in Rio Dell? Naw.....

I remember the first time I came to Humboldt 10 yrs ago from the bay area. My "tour guide" pointed to Rio Dell as we were passing and said, "when the give Humboldt County and enema Rio Dell is where they stick the hose!" Still love that line. Congratz on the best rib award!
Hey, I just saw this-thanks for the congrats No prob again on being unable to make it. That is an awesome line btw about Rio Dell. When I first came up here and started to drive through southern Humboldt, I must say I was pretty shocked. It was then that I knew I was truly a long way from SF or Chicago
Old 08-04-2008, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by aboothman
I am back until Thursday morning...*pauses for applause* ok ok, I am flattered really

So did the Yellow WRX Wagon have a front bumper missing? I think it may be a dude from the Carolinas that works where I do. Not a fire dude, but a Biologist I think. The bumper was off it today, I assume they smacked a dear or something.

Anyway, I have a few projects going down, but hit me up if you guys want to hang or drive. My cell is 707-498-6956.

I just discovered a super, super sick series of roads. It is an ALL day drive, about 400 miles, but check it out. Some of the sickest, and smoothest roads in the north state. Not to mention some killer hiking and fishing if you are into that. And, of course, some beautiful wilderness.

Highway 36/ 3/ 96 Trip

Where the **** is Jason at anyway?
*clap* *clap* *clap*

Glad you're safe and well! How are things going out there? That is quite an ambitious drive you're thinking about doing!!! I'd have to say count me out for a longer drive. I'm heading out of town this weekend until school starts back up, and I've got thesis and work related things going on until then. I'm down for a shorter drive or to meet up if anyone else is up for it. I've got tomorrow afternoon and all of Wednesday free!
Nope, the bumper was fully intact on the yellow wagon. Looked to be in really good shape. The gentleman driving appeared to be in his 50's.
I just saw a wagon, same color/year as mine, on 101 in the 50 mile an hour section heading North. Who's that? I don't think I've seen it before. Anyone know if its a local, or just someone passing through? It looked fairly modded out and pretty darn sweet. There were two younger-looking guys in it.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:09 PM

ya, it is a mega drive. Keep it in mind if you feel like taking a weekend trip or a trip through some nice scenery and the good 'ol State of Jefferson lol. I talk big, but I will probably call it good with my trip to Ukiah Wednesday.

I haven't seen any wagons matching that description around, but then again, we all know how people around here like to be left alone!! I am always seeing new Subies, usually with older folk or punk kids revving their Kragen exhaust at me.

I DO know, however, that there a sick 08 STI lurking around.

Anyway, Wednesday afternoon works for me after I get back from Mendo. Any place that sounds particularly appealing to anyone?
Old 08-04-2008, 06:26 PM

Sounds like a nice drive either way, but a little much for me this week! Perhaps someday! In terms of something more manageable, 36 is always fun. We can go visit the egg lady if anyone needs some farm fresh eggs! I don't know, any more suggestions? I'm gonna try my best to keep up with you guys!
I've got a Blitz nur spec axle back laying on my garage floor from my first wagon I know will fit the new one. I'm contemplating putting it back on...not that it'll make a big difference in performance but it'll make me feel better at least 27k miles and I am now officially getting bored.
Oh hey, my clutch has been squeaking. Anyone have an idea of what this could mean? I did some reading and apparently a lot of other WRX owners report experiencing this as well, but I didn't get too much of a sense of what exactly could be wrong. My old one never squeaked-thoughts/suggestions? (It all began when my bf's dad and I traded cars for a few weeks back in the beginning of the summer He's a really good driver generally but now I'm starting to get a little worried, as in maybe he had a little too much fun...)
Old 08-04-2008, 06:46 PM

I think it is in the pedal. Mine does the same, but it has had no real effect on clutch feel or grab. I bet some lubricant on the pivot point would fix it up.

Quick Reply: Humboldt County thread