Humboldt County thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 08:35 PM

Car Info: 2003 sy wrx
how about fine line imports in santa rosa?
Old 07-31-2008, 08:47 PM

Car Info: EQ tuned limited 06 WRB wagon
Originally Posted by yellow03 rex
hey glad to see there are people up there with subaru's. i'm moving there in 2 weeks. i work on my car all the time and have done almost everything to my car myself. so if you need help let me know also i'll be the guy with the only yellow 03 rex up there so say whats up?
If you have any questions about the area feel free to ask away! There isn't much going on here but uh...it sure is pretty!
Old 07-31-2008, 08:57 PM

Jeremiah-I'm assuming the when/where was for me. Tomorrow in Fortuna at noon. I've been trying to figure out all day where exactly it's supposed to be held to no avail, but as soon as I figure it out I'll post it. You'd think I'd have that info or that it'd be easily accessible, but not so much. Fortunately Fortuna is pretty small Hope to see you then! BTW does anyone else around here have DSL with ATT? How's your connection been? Mine has been AWFUL, don't know if its ATT or something on my end! This is SO frustrating!
Also, I agree...get any work on your car done down south!

Last edited by Marit; 07-31-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:08 PM

Car Info: 2003 sy wrx
i'll be moving to eureka and i have visited 2 times already my girl and i are moving to go to hsu. i rented a place with a garage so i can keep my hobby up
Old 07-31-2008, 09:19 PM

edit: see below post

Last edited by Marit; 08-01-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:30 PM

i'll be moving to eureka and i have visited 2 times already my girl and i are moving to go to hsu. i rented a place with a garage so i can keep my hobby up
Sweet, if you have questions about what classes/profs to take, I'm your woman! Just let me know!
Old 08-01-2008, 12:15 AM

Car Info: 2008 Red Alert Nissan Titan
hope all are well...

Jeremiah- Those wheels are bad ***. I saw you going home last Wednesday afternoon- i had a job on bret harte lane - they look even better whilst rotating

Jason - I hope that car is almost done. How frustrating...what's the next step?

Adam - It's belated, I know, but i'm glad to hear you're safe - keep up the good work & don't get burned!

Marit - Think I saw you a time or two - or someone in a car like yours - when I worked in McKinleyville on Fischer Rd... Nice choice of automobile It was probably a year or more ago though. I had Jason's Evo then...
Old 08-01-2008, 12:18 AM

Car Info: 2008 Red Alert Nissan Titan
I'm still after a '98-'01 2.5RS, coupe preferably, MT of course, if any of you know of someone looking to get rid of one...
Old 08-01-2008, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Seranin
Marit - Think I saw you a time or two - or someone in a car like yours - when I worked in McKinleyville on Fischer Rd... Nice choice of automobile It was probably a year or more ago though. I had Jason's Evo then...
Hey there! Yeah, that very well could have been me if it was a year or two ago! Thanks for the compliment...I do love that car I'll look out for you! We should really all get together for a meet at some point or another.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:32 AM

Oh wait, I see you have a Titan-maybe you should look out for me There are a lot of trucks out here. In the meantime I'll keep an eye out for any RS's for sale!
Old 08-01-2008, 08:13 AM

Car Info: '05 WRX STi
how about fine line imports in santa rosa?

www.gstmotorsports.com. I h8 not recommending someone so please search the forums for what has happened @ FLi before. I don't feel it's my place to knock a business so I will refrain. Mike Warfield is the best and we are very lucky to have him so close imho.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Marit
Jeremiah-I'm assuming the when/where was for me. Tomorrow in Fortuna at noon. I've been trying to figure out all day where exactly it's supposed to be held to no avail, but as soon as I figure it out I'll post it. You'd think I'd have that info or that it'd be easily accessible, but not so much. Fortunately Fortuna is pretty small Hope to see you then! BTW does anyone else around here have DSL with ATT? How's your connection been? Mine has been AWFUL, don't know if its ATT or something on my end! This is SO frustrating!
Also, I agree...get any work on your car done down south!
Going to try and make it but I need to change my oil today, play with my rear suspension, and vacuum out the car after getting 5lbs of dirt inside after my trip to Swing Bridge. I do have a 1on1 basketball game with my Ex today as well as going to Blue Lake tonight to watch the comedy show. I might just grab my neighbor and head down to Fortucky for about an hour or so. Time to get to Kragen.

No DSL here, Suddenlink Cable.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Seranin
hope all are well...

Jeremiah- Those wheels are bad ***. I saw you going home last Wednesday afternoon- i had a job on bret harte lane - they look even better whilst rotating

Jason - I hope that car is almost done. How frustrating...what's the next step?

Adam - It's belated, I know, but i'm glad to hear you're safe - keep up the good work & don't get burned!

Thanks man, cars finally "dialed". Just need an air oil separator, especially for the 116 tune.

Jason just needs to put in work and his car would be done. We had 80% of the job complete when he had it towed out of my front yard. Just some serpentine belts and the exhaust manifold and some gaskets and odds and ends. Think he is busy with the ladies It was actually a really small problem just the labor and schedules made it take WAY to long.

GET THAT EVO FINISHED!

An RS huh? Coming back to the Suby world? I will keep and eye out for sure. I am also looking for a 4EAT L. Hopefully real cheap with a blown motor or sploded tranny. Looking to spend 1-2k. Going to make a full rally setup with STi swap.

CAR SHOW @ SAMOA TOMORROW - Old school Rat Rods, hella tyte!
Old 08-01-2008, 08:28 AM

hey glad to see there are people up there with subaru's. i'm moving there in 2 weeks. i work on my car all the time and have done almost everything to my car myself. so if you need help let me know also i'll be the guy with the only yellow 03 rex up there so say whats up?
There is one '02/03 Sonic Yellow WRX Wagon up here, so you will have some company I don't think it's modded much though. Unfortunately since the GT35R '04 STi left mine is pretty much to most modified suby in the county. I only have a 20g so we need to step our game up!!! . Maybe I will just go rotated and reverse intake manifold....maybe I should just leave my car alone! My poor bank account
Old 08-01-2008, 09:26 AM

Okay so seriously, Humboldt County is pissing me off right now. Apparently the advertisers for today changed a bunch of crap around, just got back to the people holding the event this week, and my teammate just informed me of this change today The event isn't even going to be held in Fortuna, apparently Fireman's Park is in Rio Dell, plus the judging doesn't even start until early evening. Coals go on at 4. Sorry for the mix-ups!

Quick Reply: Humboldt County thread