Humboldt County thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 11:26 AM

Car Info: 2004 STi,sold.
Originally Posted by Never Slip'N'
Lol it's all good, and thanks for the compliments on the ride!

Pics as promised (even though they are in another thread)

See you around the boldt.
Which model Rotas are those,and what is the offset?
Old 07-13-2008, 01:00 PM

Car Info: '05 WRX STi
They are 17X9 Rota P45R's in Hyper Black. I wanna say the offset is +27? Zoeb or Dan from Subydude.com would be able to tell ya.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:52 AM

Car Info: Fast
Originally Posted by Marit
Humboldt County?? You mean there are others?? Crazy! I just saw this thread for the first time! I see other suby drivers sometimes up here, but I'm missing the camaraderie back when I lived in SF in and was driving my first WRB WRX wagon! Anywho, I'm the girl with the 06 WRB wagon, wave if you see me! No one freaking waves like they used to, either! Wasn't sure if that was a Humboldt thing, or a 'WRX's have been around for 6 years now, get over it' sort of a thing!
Welcome, and nice to meet you!! I think I have seen you around. I always wave, but I know there are a lot of non-group type subie folks around. You will probably not see me around much during the summer, as I am working 36 days a month fighting fire for the U.S. Forest Service.

Anyway, here is a pic of my car...although it isn't a super-cool, high res pro pic :P. Oh ya, didn't have my summer wheels/tires and Stoptech front brakes on when that was taken. See ya around!

For the rest of you guys, shame on you for not sending me a text or 2 while I am out busting my *** lol!!

side8.jpg?t=1216144227

Last edited by aboothman; 07-16-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:55 PM

Car Info: EQ tuned limited 06 WRB wagon
Originally Posted by aboothman
Welcome, and nice to meet you!! I think I have seen you around. I always wave, but I know there are a lot of non-group type subie folks around. You will probably not see me around much during the summer, as I am working 36 days a month fighting fire for the U.S. Forest Service.

Anyway, here is a pic of my car...although it isn't a super-cool, high res pro pic lol. Oh ya, didn't have my summer wheels/tires and Stoptech front brakes on when that was taken. See ya around!

For the rest of you guys, shame on you for not sending me a text or 2 while I am out busting my *** lol!!

Thanks for the warm welcome! Nice to meet you, too! Nice looking sedan, don't think I've seen you around as far as I can remember. I'll be looking out for you now!
But yeah, I used to be on i-club back in '02 when I had my first suby and lived in the bay area, and I was definitely more into the camaraderie that can come along with having a wrx back then. Now that I'm on my second wrx and I'm up in Humboldt, I feel pretty removed from everyone. Until I saw this thread I actually didn't really think there was anyone from Humboldt on i-club!
So hey, sidenote...thanks for working hard to fight these fires going on right now. I just drove through Laytonville today and got to see 'base camp' which was pretty crazy. You guys are working so hard and we all appreciate it greatly! Thank you again, and please be safe out there! My thoughts will be with you and your firefighting brothers!
Old 07-16-2008, 08:50 PM

Thanks for the kind comments. I am leaving in the morning for another 16-17 days, but when I get back we should all hangout or go for a drive. The only fun driving I am doing is the drive to work and back every 2 weeks lol. Then again, who can really afford more?

I told Jeremiah already, but I was just busting ***** before. I appreciate hearing from folks, but often I am too busy to respond. In this business, I learn not to expect little, and live with less.

I have a parting gift for y'all...something I think is totally sick:

Name:  Flare1.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  34.4 KB

Name:  torch.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  53.0 KB

Name:  Flare2.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  72.0 KB

Last edited by aboothman; 07-16-2008 at 09:01 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:05 PM

Name:  burn2.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  123.7 KB
Old 07-16-2008, 09:09 PM

and a favorite of mine

Name:  stoptechs.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  109.9 KB
Old 07-17-2008, 06:41 AM

Pics are siack Adam!
Old 07-17-2008, 06:20 PM

Those pics are crazy, thanks for posting them! I would definitely be down for a little Humboldt region i-club gathering, sounds like fun! Keep us posted on the dates you'll be in town. I'll be out of town mid-august, but otherwise I'm around. Good luck out there, be safe!
Old 07-21-2008, 11:46 AM

This Friday I am planning a drive out to swing bridge. You go up to Kneeland and keep going up to the airport up there then head east. Nice river spot and supposed to be 89 degrees that day. Bring shorts or whatever if you want to cool off. It's a very nice drive.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:47 PM

So, I'm participating/competing on a team in the King of the Grill cook-off tomorrow. All of my Humboldt County people should come out and throw the vote for us But seriously, if you have nothing to do come on out! Should be fun!

Last edited by Marit; 07-31-2008 at 07:50 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:23 PM

Car Info: 2003 sy wrx
hey glad to see there are people up there with subaru's. i'm moving there in 2 weeks. i work on my car all the time and have done almost everything to my car myself. so if you need help let me know also i'll be the guy with the only yellow 03 rex up there so say whats up?
Old 07-31-2008, 08:24 PM

Car Info: 2003 sy wrx
also where do people get their cars tuned up there?
Old 07-31-2008, 08:24 PM

Where/When?
Old 07-31-2008, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by yellow03 rex
also where do people get their cars tuned up there?
Mike Warfield from GST is the only person that touches my car and the only one I can recommend. Hayward, CA, yup that far. Well worth the trip.

www.gstmotorsports.com

Quick Reply: Humboldt County thread