How is your TAX return ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 09:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: I got a couple :)
How is your TAX return ?

Did you pay or are you getting paid .. Well I have not done mine yet but I am sure I will get some back. ?????I hope

cheers

gino

www.gb-motorsports.com
www.mpjperformance.com
Old 02-27-2003, 10:03 PM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
done... and you better believe that those bastards paid me!!

do it online, its easy as *****. and you can get ur return direct deposited in 14 days or less.
Old 02-27-2003, 10:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02
Done got money back, if you think about it you really would want to have to pay money at tax time.....its an interest free loan for up to a year. (be it a very small loan), if you are getting money back, then congradulations you've given the federal/state govt an interest free loan.
Old 02-27-2003, 11:06 PM
@Stoptech

Originally posted by Slack
Done got money back, if you think about it you really would want to have to pay money at tax time.....its an interest free loan for up to a year. (be it a very small loan), if you are getting money back, then congradulations you've given the federal/state govt an interest free loan.
I doubt that the gov't sees it that way. I'm sure that even they're smart enough to realize that there is no chance of them getting any real monetary return on 99% of their investments. Unless they just take all that money and invest it in t-bills.
Old 02-27-2003, 11:30 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
okay, i always file my tax with my mom (she has someone do it for us). but this year i decided to do it on my own just to know what it takes....so where do I go online and what I have to do? I have all the forms and stuff.

Thanks,
Leo

Originally posted by Steppin Razor
done... and you better believe that those bastards paid me!!

do it online, its easy as *****. and you can get ur return direct deposited in 14 days or less.
Old 02-27-2003, 11:33 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5RS Silverthorn
Yeah, but how much did you guys get back or have to pay?
Old 02-27-2003, 11:42 PM
@Stoptech

Originally posted by iBlueVirus
okay, i always file my tax with my mom (she has someone do it for us). but this year i decided to do it on my own just to know what it takes....so where do I go online and what I have to do? I have all the forms and stuff.

Thanks,
Leo
go to www.irs.gov and go to e-file. the site is actually a huge POS but you should be able to find it after a few hours

then, since its your first time filing for yourself (that is if your parents don't claim you as a dependent) it should be fairly straight forward. you should be able to use the 1040EZ form and if you have your W2 it should be clear sailing. there ane at least 40 different websites that actually do the filing of your tax and while some will do it for free, the probably won't exactly be a joy to work with. the way i see it, the last thing i need at this point is to get audited, so i just paid $40 for one of the better sites and got it done right. there was live 1-on-1 chat with a guy who really knew what he was talking about and he was able to answer any questions i threw at him so it was actually pretty easy. good luck.

oh and o, since i just started work in september and i don't make shlt in the first place i'm only getting about $500.
Old 02-28-2003, 12:00 AM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
Thanks for the site and info. I've been filing as independent for the past 4 years already... does that make a difference? I think I am going to end up paying someone to do it for me just to make sure. But I want to follow the paperwork so I know what the hell is going on. I think it's about time for me to know... Thanks again!

Leo
Originally posted by Steppin Razor
go to www.irs.gov and go to e-file. the site is actually a huge POS but you should be able to find it after a few hours

then, since its your first time filing for yourself (that is if your parents don't claim you as a dependent) it should be fairly straight forward. you should be able to use the 1040EZ form and if you have your W2 it should be clear sailing. there ane at least 40 different websites that actually do the filing of your tax and while some will do it for free, the probably won't exactly be a joy to work with. the way i see it, the last thing i need at this point is to get audited, so i just paid $40 for one of the better sites and got it done right. there was live 1-on-1 chat with a guy who really knew what he was talking about and he was able to answer any questions i threw at him so it was actually pretty easy. good luck.

oh and o, since i just started work in september and i don't make shlt in the first place i'm only getting about $500.
Old 02-28-2003, 12:02 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Evolution VIII
I was talking to the accoutant today.. looks like I will endup paying this year.. to IRS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2003, 12:32 AM

Car Info: '21 STI
Well, since I've been contracting for the past year, I will be owing quite a bit. How much, I don't know. I should talk to my friend to see what bracket I'm in.
Old 02-28-2003, 01:23 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
It's gonna be good sized...

-Gagan
Old 02-28-2003, 07:15 AM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Ya, get Turbo Tax, not only is it only $30 after the rebates, including the State Module, it is fully deductable! And they will refund your IRS e-file fee ($14.95).

I'm waiting on my nice fat check. Hmm, VF23, injectors, fuel pump or some more stock that will be worth even less this time next year?
Old 02-28-2003, 07:28 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX
lets see....

i get $17 back from federal and $4 from state! w00t.

Quick Reply: How is your TAX return ?