How would you respond to this? (neighbor parking complaint)

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 05:30 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
lol, suburb problems

Like to see how these people deal with trying to live and park in SF.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:37 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Burn her house down, haul her out and stick a fork in her neck as a warning to others never to mess with you.

Me, I would just ignore it and do my thing, and if they touched my car...well lets just say things escalate quickly.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:59 PM

Car Info: should i get brz, bro?
whatever you do...don't get all cattywampus!
Old 02-14-2014, 08:25 PM

Car Info: Whatever The Lot Provides ;)
O/P, is this over in "The Lakes" (Lowry Park)? Kinda hard to read the street name from this computer. If it is (From the shape of the street and grassy area) then to a degree you gotta understand why the resident would be a little concerned, right, especially with the things that happen there from time to time at the park.

IMHOE, don't approach the resident, don't leave a note, do nothing. Don't park there if possible for now.

What you should do is contact F.P.D. and ask one of their Traffic Division Officers or Watch Commander, or available Officer to come to your guys place. Show them the note, explain your side of things, and see what the officer has to say.

DO NOT SURRENDER THE NOTE TO THE OFFICER(S). Make a copy to give to them. If they don't offer to do so, ask that they get in touch with the resident(s) of the house the note is from and explain your rights as well as the law to the person who wrote the note. Also ask that the Officer then contact you either in person or by phone after conducting the chat within 24 hours with feedback on how it went.

Sounds lame but lately with how things are getting and people mis-interpreting each other and life's stresses adding up it's easier to let the people we pay to do their jobs handle this type of deal instead of possibly having it grow into something confrontational.

That or bake them some brownies and give 'em a valentine's card inviting them to a Nude BackYard BBQ.
That'll pretty much put the "privacy" clause to an end and hopefully make 'em laugh and relax a bit.

**If this is where I think it is and is a few blocks from where I used to live on Bluestone she's kinda like that and it's useless trying logic on her. She called the police on me and the wife (at the time Fiancee) for walking through there at night and using flashlights. Nevermind it was like 9:30pm on a hot Summer Night and we just wanted a nice romantic walk..She still has that same piece of crap blue van too.

Last edited by TheFozz; 02-14-2014 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:55 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Befriend someone with a lifted truck. Have him loan it to you. Park there all day errryday. They bought the house, not the public space around it.

My guess is either their small kid or their 21 year old whorish daughter sleeps in that room and they're just being overprotective. As long as you're not storing the car on the street for more than 72hrs at at time, you're perfectly ok to park wherever you want.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:28 AM

Car Info: 2015 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Some people feel so entitled
Old 02-15-2014, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by FXTbrah
Befriend someone with a lifted truck. Have him loan it to you. Park there all day errryday. They bought the house, not the public space around it.
This can be arranged, I would be willing to bring both the Beast, and the dodge 3500 around just to help
Old 02-15-2014, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Overbear
This can be arranged, I would be willing to bring both the Beast, and the dodge 3500 around just to help
She absolutely hates gas engined radio control cars, I can see this going over well.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by TheFozz
She absolutely hates gas engined radio control cars, I can see this going over well.
I could just fill the diesel up and let it idle for 10-12 hours, with the cutouts open

Old 02-15-2014, 08:05 PM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
park in her driveway then
Old 02-16-2014, 02:39 AM

Dude I say we hold a run/gathering near your house, lots of loud radios and RC cars, big diesel trucks.....
Old 02-16-2014, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Overbear
Dude I say we hold a run/gathering near your house, lots of loud radios and RC cars, big diesel trucks.....
*Went out for errands and took a detour while heading to the store, it's the house/lady/place I thought it was all along.

O/P, good luck with this one, I'd say stick to my first reply as far as ways to handle this. No matter what you do honestly she's gonna keep harping on ya. Try to avoid her.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:58 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
Alright well its not over yet, see note #2.

Last night my gf had no choice but to park in the same spot again, everything else was taken that wasn't directly in front of a property. Parking across the street under the trees is not an option, not gonna deal with cleaning off tree crap / debris.

She put her bins out next to the curb on the side to block off a space but there was still some room so she had to park there.

Still planning on doing nothing since its 100% legal to park there. Don't really care if the neighbor contacts the police since they will just tell her its a public street and theres nothing they can do. If she leaves a note with any sort of threat then we well be calling FPD.

Fyi, the pic with the bins is from this morning.
Attached Thumbnails How would you respond to this? (neighbor parking complaint)-note2.jpg   How would you respond to this? (neighbor parking complaint)-public_street.jpg  
Old 02-19-2014, 10:18 AM

Car Info: 2006 STI
Originally Posted by stg2lgcy00
Alright well its not over yet, see note #2.

Last night my gf had no choice but to park in the same spot again, everything else was taken that wasn't directly in front of a property. Parking across the street under the trees is not an option, not gonna deal with cleaning off tree crap / debris.

She put her bins out next to the curb on the side to block off a space but there was still some room so she had to park there.

Still planning on doing nothing since its 100% legal to park there. Don't really care if the neighbor contacts the police since they will just tell her its a public street and theres nothing they can do. If she leaves a note with any sort of threat then we well be calling FPD.

Fyi, the pic with the bins is from this morning.
I would think the way they put out their trash cans to block off parking would be illegal. why not give the PD a call and report that. Report the notes you get for legally parking. Sounds like the home owner needs an education on parking laws. Also calling this in gets these actions on their part on record.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:20 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
LOL. You don't need to talk about it if you don't want to and you already tried to. Try to talk to them politely again, but basically you are under no obligation to do anything.

Options for note:

"the Police said it is a public street and as long as parked legally, I can park wherever I choose." You can actually contact the police like Fozz said, not a bad idea, but I doubt they will even show up to discuss it; you may have to go into a station to talk to them about it. It amounts to a threat in my eyes. I would have taken a dump on their lawn while reading their newspaper ala "Me, Myself and Irene" by now.

OR

"You got a purty mouth"

You will never receive another note.

Quick Reply: How would you respond to this? (neighbor parking complaint)