How NOT to get pulled over???

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 12:19 PM

Car Info: '21 STI
That would do you alot of good. Some cops are really cool, but then there are ones who completely abuse their power and think they're a god or something. Last time I was profiled I was asked if I was affiliated to any asian gangs or had any drugs or weapons on me. The last thing a cop wants is for you to be a smart ***. They'll own you if you try.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:45 PM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
He says...well since you're religious...had a bible in my car...you obviously know that junk is bad for you
lol thats such a load of crap (not you onemanarmy, the statement itself). my buddies who are 'religious' (i mean devout, preachin to us, church 3 times a week and all) do some hardcore ****, pretty much live in sin. but hey they repent so i guess its all good huh
Old 07-29-2005, 12:49 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by mcdrama
sucks man, I think if a cop accused me of doing something I didn't I would snap.

I've done that too....that my friend...is NOT a wise choice..handcuffs SUCK!!!!!!!

I was still a noob to fremont when I got my very first ticket. Paso Padre and grimmer. That funky left hand merge deal. I was in the left lane that end. An officer in the right one that the left merges into. Well i'm like 5/6ths of a car lengthin front of the cop as it's coming to an end. Its around midnight. Instead of slowing to let me safely merge he speeds up. Tries to pass me. I end up having no where to go. I smash into the island and 4by it up and over a bush and back down onto the road. He smashing on the brakes and pulls me over.

Basically it's starts off like this.... COP "WTF". Me"WTF". both of us...you damn near made me wreck. Then he proceeds to tell me how he had right away...yes indeed he did...but I was already merging in front of him when he hit the gas..he caused a very unsafe situation. Needless to say I was heated...everyone that knows me knows how particular I am to SOMEONE ELSE jacking up my cars. He got pissed. Told me I could take it to court threw a bunch of F bombs in my face and spit on my face....yelling type spitting but it was CLEARLY intentional...was a lot of spit. I was in my truck still with a girl at the time. She saw the veins pop and literally jumped onto my arm as I started to take a swing at him. He was probably a tenth of a second of her response time from getting the living **** beat out of him. I'm talking beat down. I was so pissed. I GUARANTEE I would have broke his nose and knocked him off his feet with the first punch.

Then of course I'd go to jail for 10 years. Get but raped because the guards would know what I did and let all hell break loose on me...etc...etc...etc. Girls saved my ***.

But that guy was WAY out of line. I could have press charges for what he did to me. He literally had his face INSIDE my truck inches from mine. We were yelling nose to nose.

I let it go. Took the ticket and moved on. Never saw that piece of crap again.

so yeah...... in those days my switch flipped a lot quicker than it does now.

Almost went to jail a few time. Did once. well..to the holding cell anyways.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:54 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Yin
lol thats such a load of crap (not you onemanarmy, the statement itself). my buddies who are 'religious' (i mean devout, preachin to us, church 3 times a week and all) do some hardcore ****, pretty much live in sin. but hey they repent so i guess its all good huh

You're telling me.

Shoot bro I was IN the ministry. I was a youth leader for about 6 years. I've spoken at high schools, intercity youth hostils, you name it. I've got an interesting story I guess.

I've seen a lot of "religious" strait and narrow types do a lot of stuff. One girl got pregnant....disapeared for oh about 10 months. "visiting her mom" I saw photos of one of my highschool girls taken it from two guys. Saw a video of one of them giving one of my friends head...they didn't know I knew her. I know a preachers son doing nearly 30 years of jail time for child molestation...on church grounds, know a youth pastor that got a high school student pregant...talking 25 year old with a 16 year old.... Etc.......

I've also seen some messed up people turn their lives around. It's really all about the person. You can hide a lot under the "religious" cloak. But if you're doing it for real..really feeling it....it can do a lot of good...and that's not the "religion" I'm talking about. Any ***** can say they're a christian or a catholic or whatever. I'm talking about the spirituality.

And like you were saying........the religious stuff. I feel you. Little did he know that I just got head from my then girlfriend...hence the super dialated pupils. Found that interesting biology tid bit later on. It's easy to live in "sin" when you're "religious"
Old 07-29-2005, 12:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by mcdrama
sucks man, I think if a cop accused me of doing something I didn't I would snap.

Haha.. A better thing to do would try to be smart about the situation. If you snap, a cop knows exactly what to do and has the tools to do it. The thing that has paid me back more than anything with my dealings with CA's finest was taking notes and remembering details.

BTW - I don't believe there is any secret 'recipe' of things to or not to do. I see people mentioning tint over and over which is just not true. Niether is no front plate. It all depends on the situation and everything around it and most of all - the mood of the cop who happens to be looking in your direction. What you can do is limit the amount of things he will notice (IE super black tint, front plate) but in reality a cop can pull you over and give you a ticket for whatever he feels like.

I haven't had a front plate in CA from '97 till this last June when I moved from the Bay. Nearly every one of my cars have had tint, some very dark and 2 had tinted windshields. My RS has had a German front plate for months. Never got one tint ticket, no front plate ticket, etc. I know what to do when I get pulled over (practice makes perfect) and what to do to avoid getting pulled over. Just pay attention, be smart. KNOW it's just a game. Read up on ticketassassin's site - he has some great info.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:57 PM
more than meets the eye

Car Info: ?
you will DEFINATELY get a ticket for that. You might be able to have one that looks the same but you're name will not be in the database and you will not have the little badge dealy bobber. If they find out it's fake....holy ****...you better have strong butt cheaks. Talk about pissed off.

it's not just some way to get out of tickets. That is a fund to help the widow and orphans of CHP officers killed or injured in the line of duty. It's a quality fun and for those of us with family in law enforcement it makes a lot of sense to give to it...and not just to get out of tickets.
I know what it's for since my friend's dad has one and I was joking about making one
Old 07-29-2005, 01:11 PM
VIP Member

...Told me I could take it to court threw a bunch of F bombs in my face and spit on my face....yelling type spitting but it was CLEARLY intentional...was a lot of spit. I was in my truck still with a girl at the time. She saw the veins pop and literally jumped onto my arm as I started to take a swing at him. He was probably a tenth of a second of her response time from getting the living **** beat out of him. I'm talking beat down. I was so pissed. I GUARANTEE I would have broke his nose and knocked him off his feet with the first punch.
That's part of what I was trying to say. It's really important to remember that cops can say and do whatever they want, and the "law" is on their side. A lot of what they do I have to believe is provocation. In your example - he had NO idea what to do with the situation - but he DOES know what to do when someone comes after him or whatever. If he can get you to attack him or even look like you are attacking him enough to have probable cause, well, he knows what to do there... And the story will quickly change from a jerk cop making a human mistake to "just another criminal attacking a cop."

I love that 'take it to court' line... Basically admitting that us citizens are guilty til proven innocent. I got pulled over right in front of my house like 4 days after I got my WRX.. The speed limit is 25 on my street (no signs at all BTW) and I was going 35. I was watching my speedo seeing what 35 was in different gears. I saw a Spaceballs helmet poking up from the bushes a second too late, and a bike cop came out - he pulled me over. He was a real jerk, wrote me up for 45 in a 25. I told him I was going 35 and I would be more than happy to sign a ticket with 35 on it. He didn't say a word except 'tell it to the judge" and then threw the ticket in my window. Case dismissed, trial by written declaration.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:11 PM

Car Info: WR Blue 2004 WRX
I still have my dealer registration on my windshield, so cops think i dont have my plates yet
Old 07-29-2005, 02:17 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Monoxide
I still have my dealer registration on my windshield, so cops think i dont have my plates yet

I did that for a year. For my one year anniversary I put my plates on..haaa. dealership even gave me extra white deals...that have the dealership stuff on them...that way when one got dirty I could put another new one on..WOOT for my cool salesmen.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:28 PM

Still go to Santa Cruz Subaru? I remember talkin to you over there a while back when that asian dude Charlie still worked there. heh...
Old 07-29-2005, 02:41 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Monoxide
Still go to Santa Cruz Subaru? I remember talkin to you over there a while back when that asian dude Charlie still worked there. heh...

yup.... still got one more free oil change..haaa.a then it's time for me to start doing em myself.

I was pissed when they let charlie go. Now Rusty is gone too. Bummed. Ben is gone too.

Everyone is gone.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:47 PM

Ah, that sucks. The salespeople there were awesome.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:48 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
Drive a Ford Tarus or a minivan.
Don't mod your car.
Become a cop.

Don't drive.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:03 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by AntiochCali
Drive a Ford Tarus or a minivan.
Don't mod your car.
Become a cop.

Don't drive.
I never had a problem daily driving (sunnyvale to campbell) a black WS6 T/A w/ black tinted everything, incl windshield, super loud exhaust (4" mufflex + Flowmaster) and no front plate. I have been let go when pulled for doing a 45mph burnout at el camino/wolfe yet pulled over doing nothing wrong in my white Pathfinder and getting screamed at. Just a few more reasons I have to say there is no 'secret recipe' to not getting trouble beyond your own behaviour or maybe the places you drive?
Old 07-29-2005, 03:14 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by wombatsauce
I never had a problem daily driving (sunnyvale to campbell) a black WS6 T/A w/ black tinted everything, incl windshield, super loud exhaust (4" mufflex + Flowmaster) and no front plate. I have been let go when pulled for doing a 45mph burnout at el camino/wolfe yet pulled over doing nothing wrong in my white Pathfinder and getting screamed at. Just a few more reasons I have to say there is no 'secret recipe' to not getting trouble beyond your own behaviour or maybe the places you drive?

seee...there is the ticket....DRIVE DOMESTIC>>HAAA>

Quick Reply: How NOT to get pulled over???