How many tickets have you gotten

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003 | 11:46 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
1 speeding ticket for 74 in a 50 in my Cavalier back in '99.
Stopped twice for Neon lights in the back window (shut up people
) No ticket
Stopped for following too closely. No ticket.

Those all happened in Maine

Then stopped for Noise pollution for my stereo in my Beretta. No ticket. This happened in New Jersey

Stopped for speeding in Santa Clara. No ticket
Stopped for speeding leaving Mission College. No ticket

Both of those are in my Beretta.

One parking ticket on my Subie at Mission College. I was in line getting my parking permit only to come out and see that I got a ticket in the 10 minutes I was inside.
Old 06-27-2003 | 12:01 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
1996: Passing car that was stopped at limit line to run past stop sign. - Ticketed for roll-stop - Traffic School

1997: Speeding: 45 in 30 - Ticketed for speeding, officer appeared in court w/old speed survey, dismissed!

1997: Ran red light: Brakes failed, cop was a dick, my brake fluid started gushing out. He never showed up in court, dismissed!

1997: Carpool lane violation - take community service, get it signed off by my friend.

1998: Speeding: 100+ in 65. Excessive Speed. Ticketted, temp. suspension for 2 weeks.

One week later: Drove illegally to get gas, lady pedestrian at gas station runs into my car as I'm crawling to a pump, falls on ground screaming. Someone calls 911, police, paramedics, and fire dept. arrive in 2 minutes. Cops threaten to arrest me & impound car, wind up letting my friend drive my car. Lady resists a$$hole paramedic & fire depts attempt to get her to go to hospital. She's fine, and insists it was her fault, and that she ran into my car, not my running her over, which was the truth.

Two weeks later: Arrive in court to receive my license back. Regular judge asks me if I've been good, and I lied. I get my license back.

Thee weeks later: Arrive in court for driving on suspended license, and accident involving running over a pedestrian - Temporary Judge reduces charges to driving without physical license on me ($10 proof of correction!!!) - Plead No Contest!

1998: Carpool lane violation - take community service, get it signed off by my friend.

1999: Entered intersection on yellow - Ticketed for running red. - Fined, traffic school.

1999: A$$hole in Chrysler 300M slams on brakes outta nowhere, rear end his dum **** in old BMW w/bad brakes. - one point

Present day: Clean record w/ Ins. & DMV
Old 06-27-2003 | 02:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
The ones I remember..

Since in the Bay Area..

1997: 35 in a 25 - 50ft section of 25mph, cop was lazy I guess - traffic skool.

1999: 92 in a 65 on 85S in my black WS6 T/A - cop was a dick, kept saying the only reason I 'slowed down to 92' was because I saw him. I was 22 at the time (yes, I paid for my car myself) and he kept making these young punk/fast car remarks. I was in the middle lane - 9:00AM on the way to work, an orange Jeep Cherokee was passing me as I passed by the cop @ ~70mph. I noted the license of the Jeep and documented the circumstances very well. Went to court, judge believed the cop.

1999: 45 in a 40 in Melbourne, FL. 100 ft section goes from 45 to 40 in front of a hotel (Radission on the A1AN) cop saw my CA driver's license and thought sure fire $$ - didn't even want to talk about it. I was the only car on the road @ 11:30 on halloween night.. Must have been reeeeeeally bored. Paid, off my record.

2000: 95 in a 65 280S in a 4spd '80 Celica at 9:00AM... Doesn't seem possible does it Dismissed in Ct.

2000: 72 in a 55 on 152 8:00pm on a Friday - anyone driven out of the bay at this time? I was in thick traffic behind two semi trucks - yet the cop said he clocked me on RADAR @ 72mph.. Cop didn't show up (wonder why) - dismissed in Ct.

2002: 85 in a 65 southbound 101 @ tully on 9:00am Saturday in moderate traffic. I was in the same lane as I was since I left Santa Clara. I wonder if cops actually believe some of the **** they say.

2003: 45 in a 25 right in front of my house - no traffic, sunny day at lunch time. I was actually travelling 35mph because I was staring at my speedo when I looked up and saw a Spaceball helmet and a radar gun poking out of the bushes. Hope that focker gets gonorrhea and dies. Pending.

2003: 90 in a 65 280N Saturday morning in heavy traffic. Motorcycle cop declared aircraft got me. Pending.. We'll see.

Funny, I didn't have any tickets or anything for about 2 yrs and then I just stopped paying attention and got unlucky. Too bad too because my respect for Police was almost back up to ZERO.

-Jacob

Last edited by wombatsauce; 06-27-2003 at 02:50 PM.
Old 06-27-2003 | 03:13 PM

Car Info: wrx wagon
actually

the onyl ticket i got so far in my suby was from not having a front plate.
before that I got two in my ITR . One for doing 120mph thru traffic at about 10am on the 105 near LAX, the cop was super pissed at me, but still let me go with an 80mph speeding ticket (I was late for an interview...didnt get the damn job). the second one in my itr was like 75mph in a 55mph...down the pch.

that cop was a cockknocker.

i actually got most of my tickets in my first car ( a suzuki samurai!!)
4 speeding tickets!!!! im just lucky im not dead i guess....

BUDLoNG
Old 06-27-2003 | 06:11 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
Re: The ones I remember..

Originally posted by wombatsauce
Since in the Bay Area..

2003: 90 in a 65 280N Saturday morning in heavy traffic. Motorcycle cop declared aircraft got me. Pending.. We'll see.

-Jacob
Good news, if the motorcycle didn't pace you or get you on radar it's a speed trap (airplane sighting only) and that's illegal in CA....hmmm CA motor vehicle code 40801 I think....

Edit:

Speed Traps are not legal in CA

Second Edit:

They must get you by laser or by pacing. They can use a speed trap to identify that your car may have been speeding, but any tickets must be done by laser or pacing your, not measuring your speed between marked boundries, CA MVC 40801.

Last edited by AntiochCali; 06-27-2003 at 06:20 PM.
Old 06-27-2003 | 07:36 PM
2006 Mt Hammy Car Show Winner

Car Info: Black 03 WRX, White 04 E46 M3
December 6th 2002 - My birthday in sunnyvale with some friends. In middle lane of a three lane road. We decide to get some food at a restraunt in the parking lot accross the street on the right. I signal while sitting at the light, light changes i accelerate and switch lanes after the intersection. Then brake and turn into the parking lot and proceed to park. While getting out of the car i see a cop behind me then i hear over his loud speaker "please remain in the car sir" Cop comes up asks for license, then proceeds to give me bull**** saying i can't drive anyone, at that point i had, had my license for about 9 months I correct him and then he says oh and back there you made an unsafe lane change. The car that was to the right of me was an older couple which were no where near me when i turned into the parking lot.

Went to court and the cop never showed. I've only had my license for a little over a year (yes i am only 17 ) but i've had alot of close calls.
Old 06-30-2003 | 10:31 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX Wagon, it's blue!
Back in the 80's all in Illinois-
I got an improper lane change ticket, traffic school for that.
45 in a 30, my fault, but it was a six lane street with no traffic. Paid the man.
45 in a 30 (again), 2 AM on a deserted street returning home from work. Paid that one, too.
74 in a 30 (oops, the cop was cool and didn't bust me and the other car for racing. This was my third in a year so I got a 9 month suspension.
By now it's 1984, no tickets for a few years. Then, in CA in 1989 I got popped for rolling through a stop sign on the way to Thanksgiving dinner at my Dad's. I did it, but a year or two later, they changed the "STOP" sign to a "YIELD" sign.
In 1991, 85 in a 55 on I-80 at Auburn in a BMW 320i, paid it.
Later that year, I got a ticket for expired tags in my pickup, I was getting married, buying another car, and the DMV had my address wrong so the tags on the truck got overlooked.
Then I was a good boy until 1999 when I got a ticket for 42 in a 35 (7 mph over) in Yosemite. Nice thing about minor tickets in a national park is they don't usually go to the DMV, so I paid the $50. Of course over the years, there have been a few fix-it tix and many warnings for everything from burned out headlights to most recently a warning for 50 in a 35, I thought I was getting tagged for sure for that. The cop asked me three times if he could search my car for "weapons or alcohol" and I refused three times, politely but firmly. No ticket and no search! First time ever I've been asked for consent to search, though back in the day they would often take a look anyway.
Old 07-01-2003 | 12:58 AM

Car Info: 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
I'm 24 now, been driving licensed since I was 18. I speed all over the place and have never gotten a ticket. Gotten lucky a few times, for sure, but the most important thing is to PAY ATTENTION while you are driving, people! If you're jamming down the freeway going faster than everyone else, always always check the onramps as you're passing them to see if a CHP is coming onto the freeway. If you're really being obvious about speeding make sure you spend as much time looking in the rearview as you do looking ahead.
Old 07-30-2005 | 12:25 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx
i have 12 moving citations
Old 07-30-2005 | 02:14 AM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
i have 9 or 10 different violations. i think
Old 07-30-2005 | 02:28 AM

Car Info: your mom.
first ticket: 85 in a 50 in NYC; cop was nice and brought it down to 80 instead...$400
second: 80 in a 65 coming home from Philly...$425
third: wife was driving us home doing 85 in a 55 in NJ...$225
fourth: making a right between 6-8pm in NYC on 7th Ave...$75
fifth: my friend became a cop and have been pulled over but not ticketed since
Old 07-30-2005 | 04:50 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
One speeding ticket for doing 75+ in a 65 (between Truckee and Auburn even though I was going 95+) in my dad's Forester when I was 17. Got lucky. Not a damn one since, even after owning my WRX for 1 year+. I'm a little more aware now hahaha.
Old 07-30-2005 | 04:55 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
I've had a couple of parking tickets but my last moving violation was back in 1987 for speeding on my way to Lake Tahoe. I was passing traffic because I had to find a restroom.

There's no trick to not getting cited. Just drive so that you don't stand out from the rest of the traffic. Stay off of their radar, literally. Radar detectors work, but not speeding works even better! LOL

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush

Quick Reply: How many tickets have you gotten