How do your parents feel about your car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 04:17 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
I am 25 but Both my parents like it. I think they were just happy i bought a new car and got rid of my old junker.

My dad drove a few times and i think he thought he was the star of the fast and the furious. and my mom just told me she thought the color was pretty. she s still driving her 1994 Plymoth Voyager so she doesnt really care i think.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:19 PM

Car Info: The Thundercougarfalconbird
My dad likes the car and hes an owner of a 240Z. Mom couldn't care less (until i accelerate).
Old 12-03-2008, 04:49 PM

Car Info: 06 GMC Diesel
My mom thought I was crazy when I put my exhaust on my brand new WRX, a few more modds and I was still getting the "What happened to the stock part did It break?"
Then she damn near died when she opened the box of my DOM 3.0R, she waited for me the walk in the door from work and was like "what the hell are you doing now!"

Best one was when I told her I had to start saving so I can build an Engine to replace the one in my 07 rex ahha!

My dad on the other had helps out when I'm modding something, hes always been a car guy same with my brother. He just needs to learn how to shift fast cuz he always pegs the REV In first gear.... Hes not used to how fast It Is
Old 12-03-2008, 05:32 PM

Car Info: '06 WRB STI
Originally Posted by 07wrx4life
My mom thought I was crazy when I put my exhaust on my brand new WRX, a few more modds and I was still getting the "What happened to the stock part did It break?"
Then she damn near died when she opened the box of my DOM 3.0R, she waited for me the walk in the door from work and was like "what the hell are you doing now!"

Best one was when I told her I had to start saving so I can build an Engine to replace the one in my 07 rex ahha!

My dad on the other had helps out when I'm modding something, hes always been a car guy same with my brother. He just needs to learn how to shift fast cuz he always pegs the REV In first gear.... Hes not used to how fast It Is

First gear, especially in the STI 6 speed can be a real pain in the ***. I'm all the way through it in under 2 seconds usually. And I'll be damned if you can downshift to it. *rude gesture at my 1st gear*
Old 12-03-2008, 08:01 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Whenever I have the task of dropping my parents off somewhere (that's why they helped chip a grand or two in for my 00 2.5RS), my mom says, "At least it runs well." No one else in this household can drive them to the station when they're going out of town for Reno. I used to drive a broken *** 92 Integra that had weird thermostat issues and blown shocks. So they're just paying for their own safety. If that's silver spoon, then whatever. My car's bone stock, I have no money to mod it anyway.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:13 PM

Car Info: 2005 Stg.2 Wrx
my mommy bought me my car cuz it had low mileage and it was new. i wanted an older sti or evo with higher mileage but she said anything above 15k miles is too much...

whenever she rides in it, she says the doors are too thin and that the suspension is too stiff. everytime we go up a hill my dad says, "this car has a turbo"
yea dad i knew that...
Old 12-03-2008, 09:33 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by Imprezzy
Whenever I have the task of dropping my parents off somewhere (that's why they helped chip a grand or two in for my 00 2.5RS), my mom says, "At least it runs well." No one else in this household can drive them to the station when they're going out of town for Reno. I used to drive a broken *** 92 Integra that had weird thermostat issues and blown shocks. So they're just paying for their own safety. If that's silver spoon, then whatever. My car's bone stock, I have no money to mod it anyway.
haah yeah my last car didnt have a working speedo or tach, leaked oil, had a cracked wheel, etc...my mom wouldnt even ride in it so when she offered to buy me a nicer, safer car...silver spoon? i think just smart parents
Old 12-03-2008, 10:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
my 58 year old mother loves my camry, she might get one of her own

my dad (63) was kinda jealous when i got my g35c a few years ago when he drove it and realized it kick his z3's *** all over the road.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:56 AM

Car Info: 2002 wrx wagon
my parents dont know anything about cars. my dad doesnt like the car even though hes never seen it or road in it, he just hates it cause he thinks its "too old" my mom likes it, she thinks its a nice ride but does not like the power it holds =P
Old 12-04-2008, 02:10 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
I guess if they were alive today i would have to say my dad would like it but my mom would hate it lol.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:39 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5rs
They care enough to let me put my car in the garage when i am off to school during the weekdays =]
My parents didn't like me modding it but they careless now.
They only complain when they are in the car. Its loud, not enough sound deadening, too stiff, "feels like a race car" haha

They got use to it hehe
Old 12-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Surprisingly enough, they both love it!

My mom likes subies so now that when she's driving and sees one she waves... Keep in mind that she drives an E Series benz.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:53 AM

Car Info: Betty
dad wanted me to get a lexus/beemer for that price...mom wanted me to get a suv for safety...

Forward 1 year ...they are happy w/ my purchase.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:24 PM

Car Info: 2006 STi 2012 STi
i blame my parents for me driving fast cars.

my moms not allowed to drive my cars tho...because she thinks shes in a nascar. but she likes to ride with me cause its more comfortable and less noisy than my honda :laugh

my dad HATES driving the STi.... doesnt like the clutch...he perfers his integra clutch and complains hes too tall to ride the STi. but appreciates the car itself... but still likes my prelude more.

Last edited by blacktraxgirl; 12-04-2008 at 02:29 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:26 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
My car scares my parents

Quick Reply: How do your parents feel about your car?